TIPPING....doubling the tax is being cheap?

i usually tip well, somethin like 20%.

last time it was $5 on a $25 bill.
waiter came right up and said thank you
laugh.gif

Originally Posted by Fanatic15

Originally Posted by TJ Detweiler

Fanatic15 wrote:
I know YOU don't, but some people do. That's all I'm saying. You BETTER not work at UNO's forever.
laugh.gif

jk
I would tip people like you though, who have there head on straight about necessities.

And how do you know which person this is? You can't.
Exactly.
wink.gif

So you tip no one?
laugh.gif

That's just stupid. But I can see you won't be changing. Agree to disagree.

If you say so. But like I said in my previous post, I DO tip just not always a percentage such as 15 or 20. I will stick to what I believe now, but maybe onceI finish up this school thing and have extra money and such, I won't mind throwing in 20%. But as a college student I don't feel obligated to tipanyone.
smile.gif

i tip based on how good the server serves me. If he engages in conversation and has good suggestions. Also I like to see if my drink is refilled when low andhe asks if anything else is wanted when the main course is brought out. There is not a right percent to tip but it is based on how great the server is.

i am not a server either, i forgot to say that. we do remember the good tippers and the bad tippers, your service will be directly proportional to your tip. if you stiff me enough your rate is gonna go up and i will take a couple bucks off the top, but mostly just hoping you don't ever come back. stone face meall you want for that, but there is no excuse for you to be at a 5 star hotel and not have a few bucks for a tip.

Man Niketalk is full of cheap skates. I am not a waiter but i do work off tips (valet) so i know how it is to get stiffed by people who dont tip or tip verylittle so when i go out to eat at a restaraunt i always tip very well because i know how it feels.

It doesnt matter to me the type of restaurant it is, wether its chilis or a fancy steakhouse. both servers do the same hard work at both places. they deserveto be tipped equally. my friends and I almost always tip 25% atleast

There is just no excuse not to tip, and tip well if service is good.

I consider not tipping for good service the equivalent of stealing - you've robbed that waiter the opportunity to work hard for somebody else whowould've been appreciative of his/her service. You also misled them into thinking that they had an incentive to work hard for you and your table, when inreality, they should've just ignored you since you don't want to follow the rules of our society, yet reap the benefits of them as they help you andyour needs.

I tip well but I try to avoid these places unless someone else is paying.

Tipping makes me feel like a sucker.

I tip double tax. I dont consider myself a cheapskate. I personally hate how tips are becoming mandatory not a reward for good service. And if you work in theservice industry and you dont like your tips its time to get a new job.

Originally Posted by bboy1827

Point blank, ya'll are cheap. Don't go out if you don't want to tip. Min. wage for another Job is what 5.85, while for a waiter it's 2.13.

Where I live, waiters get 8.00 (CDN) minimum wage, the same as all the other jobs. I don't understand why they get to receive tips while others in theservice industry don't. Some of my friends who serve pull $150+ a night just in tips, so I don't see why there's a big complaint for not gettingtips. I's just like people who work on commission, you get out of it what you put into it.

okay so.. are you supposed to tip (at least 15%) if you go to a buffet? or do you just leave a few bills on the table? i never really knew how that works.

Originally Posted by TheUnderAchievers

okay so.. are you supposed to tip (at least 15%) if you go to a buffet? or do you just leave a few bills on the table? i never really knew how that works.
i usually just throw down a few bucks for the busser. it's not like they filled my drinks or anything.

Back
Top Bottom