Tipping Vol. Why am I paying you extra to do your job?

Originally Posted by hoosiergunner

I'm just saying, if you don't tip, don't go back to the same restaurant, because believe me they remember.

Werd.

Originally Posted by So Nyuh Shi Dae

Originally Posted by Mez 0ne

Then stick to getting sandwiches at Subway or rootie tootie fresh n frutiy's if you want to go out JUST for the food.
Not tipping is a D--- move no matter how you put it.
Yeah, because Subway is comparable to a nice sushi dinner, right?

Why is it a **** move? Perhaps you should provide an argument rather than make a seemingly baseless claim.
Originally Posted by pookieman

Perhaps you guys don't understand what would occur if tipping was not there?

You guys ever shop at a store where they work on commission vs a similar store where it's salary?  The service at the commission spot is ALWAYS going to be better when there is an incentive there for the worker.  

In addition to that, the prices you guys pay for the food will go up...its simple....they make less than minimum wage, so their job is to provide you with the BEST service possible. If you are too cheap to tip when this service is complete, go buy yourself a McDonalds meal or go out in a group of 8+
I made my arguments pages ago, i'm not going to repeat the same %!$@ over and over again at this point.
I'm convinced some of you are not even above the age of 23 or work a full time job (for the people who REFUSE to tip), cause if so....  
sick.gif

how much does a waiter make a year in tips?

like, a high scale spot w/ $50 plates and valet.

how much would they make....

??

Originally Posted by ricky409

how much does a waiter make a year in tips?

like, a high scale spot w/ $50 plates and valet.

how much would they make....

??
I cleared $50k last year.
Come at me, bro.

I tip waiters/waitresses good $ if the service is good.

BUT, as far as bartenders... Im not so excited to throw them a couple dollars to hand me a beer.

Originally Posted by JordanPP30

BUT, as far as bartenders... Im not so excited to throw them a couple dollars to hand me a beer.

i throw the bartender an extra dollar with every drink. it pays off in the long run if you go to the same place a lot. they remember. mixed drinks start coming with less ice, and eventually free drinks start coming your way
pimp.gif

Originally Posted by JordanPP30

I
mad.gif
@ people who don't tip me as a bartender
laugh.gif

Especially if I make a cocktail or any type of mixed drink.
You go keep that bar clean without a barback and restock everything while getting paid less than minimum wage. (Like $6.25 I think)

I'm so
pimp.gif

Originally Posted by INS

Bro they make 6 bucks a hour and they live off of tips. The tip is like, hey i know you get paid %*@# so ima give you a five because you are cute and i would smash. Also thanks for the soup.

This..
roll.gif

me and op do think alike

but the thing is i tipped a cab driver $2.00 of Thursday cuase i was in a good mood

and i never tip cab drivers
i got into arguments with cabbies why they i dont tip

when i go to a restaurant
i never tip over a $1.00

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Tip_(gratuity)

tip (also called a gratuity) is a voluntary extra payment made to certain service sector workers in addition to the advertised price of the transaction. Such payments and their size are a matter of social custom. Tipping varies among cultures and by service industry. Though by definition a tip is never legally required, and its amount is at the discretion of the patron being served, in some circumstances failing to give an adequate tip when one is expected is a serious faux pas, and may be considered very miserly, a violation of etiquette, or unethical. In some other cultures or situations, giving a tip is not expected and offering one would be considered at best odd and at worst condescending or demeaning. In some circumstances, such as with U.S. government workers, receiving of tips is illegal.[sup][1][/sup] Some restaurants require a tip, euphemistically called a gratuity, if many patrons are present at a table.

4303755753_c610644669_o.jpg

Originally Posted by 160jordansdeep

me and op do think alike

but the thing is i tipped a cab driver $2.00 of Thursday cuase i was in a good mood

i never tip over a $1.00
You sir, are a dirty rotten scoundrel

If u all ever saw the movie "waiting" i hope youre geting the treatment they got in that scene for coming in minutes before closing. Cheap dudes in here getting bad service and then u act surprised

Originally Posted by piNoy805jAys

If u all ever saw the movie "waiting" i hope youre geting the treatment they got in that scene for coming in minutes before closing. Cheap dudes in here getting bad service and then u act surprised
we're on page 23, quote 2 people that are "surprised"

and since you referenced "waiting" do you condone fooling around with food?

as I remember they didn't mess around with the food from the Europeans when they didn't anticipate a tip, and the Europeans didn't mind the "poor service", they just wanted their food.

and in the end, the main character was annoyed with a $100 tip, because it was condescending, but he works for tips 
d6b35c88e331bc2e3ffe9e0df8908a55380bc41.gif

Truth, chunky...

The dude was like "I'm not trying to be on this waiting table swag forever"...

Waiting tables if not a career... Just Kylee bring a sales associate at footaction , a.can driver, pizza delivery person, or any of that other stuff that's up there on the list

Originally Posted by amel223

lol at increases a waitress's tip by 18 percent and decrease a waiter's tip by 9

laugh.gif
I peeped that too. no one wants some grown %$! man drawing smiley faces on their bill. but its totally fine if a chick does it tho lol

There's a couple of Chinese places here where they do take-out...but instead of paying at a cashier,when they give you the bags of food,they give you a receipt and expect a tip.

Is it normal to tip for takeout when you call to order and go there to pick it up?

Originally Posted by 160jordansdeep

me and op do think alike

i never tip over a $1.00

laugh.gif
 a $1 at a restaurant!!

Son, I can't imagine the fecal matter and mucus you've been exposed to. 

Back
Top Bottom