To Double or NOT To Double

1 to rock and 1 to stock
A phrase we have heard preached a thousand times. Who what where when did this phrase some about...who cares. My question is those that do go by this rule what is your thinking behind it? Do you buy multiple pairs because you are also a collector as well as like to rock heat? Do you buy multiples because you want a DS pair for when yours eventually become beaters? Are you buying for other people. Reselling?

Whats your method and why? What is the point of buying more than one pair, couldn't you just baby the crap out of a pair so it would last till the next release.
Pros and Cons list em

1 to rock and 1 to stock
A phrase we have heard preached a thousand times. Who what where when did this phrase some about...who cares. My question is those that do go by this rule what is your thinking behind it? Do you buy multiple pairs because you are also a collector as well as like to rock heat? Do you buy multiples because you want a DS pair for when yours eventually become beaters? Are you buying for other people. Reselling?

Whats your method and why? What is the point of buying more than one pair, couldn't you just baby the crap out of a pair so it would last till the next release.
Pros and Cons list em

For me, it really all depends...

Sometimes, it's the clear sole rule like dude mentioned above me, other times I like to double up on "OG" colors....But I think it all boils down to on what I like the most....and funds.

Sometimes, it's the clear sole rule like dude mentioned above me, other times I like to double up on "OG" colors....But I think it all boils down to on what I like the most....and funds.

Originally Posted by ijapino

couldnt have said it better...and for the stuff you love, youll even triple up sometimes
pimp.gif
pimp.gif

couldnt have said it better...and for the stuff you love, youll even triple up sometimes
pimp.gif
pimp.gif

bingo.

bingo.

Depends on how much i like the shoe, and whether it will stand up to the test of time sitting in a box. I take very good care of my shoes, and have so many different pairs, it would take me a long time to have to bring out the second pair.

for example. the playoff 13's. I love em. and they're tanks, and can conceivably stay in the box without crumbling or anything for a LONG time. so i bought 2 pair.

bordeauxs on the other hand, is a 1 pair offair. odd colorway, and the face that they're foam midsole.

its a science really lol.

Depends on how much i like the shoe, and whether it will stand up to the test of time sitting in a box. I take very good care of my shoes, and have so many different pairs, it would take me a long time to have to bring out the second pair.

for example. the playoff 13's. I love em. and they're tanks, and can conceivably stay in the box without crumbling or anything for a LONG time. so i bought 2 pair.

bordeauxs on the other hand, is a 1 pair offair. odd colorway, and the face that they're foam midsole.

its a science really lol.

i usually buy two when there are limited releases like XIs the motorsport VIs etc ... I usually sell a pair of sneakers and end up getting a pair of sneakers for free
pimp.gif

i usually buy two when there are limited releases like XIs the motorsport VIs etc ... I usually sell a pair of sneakers and end up getting a pair of sneakers for free
pimp.gif

Originally Posted by Resist

i rock all my shoes, not gonna spend 300 dollars on the same shoe

This. I have yet to ever cop multiples of anything, but I have some specific shoes that I find so beautiful that I would be willing to buy multiples of just to have them for the rest of my life. (Space Jams, White Cement IVs, Metallic Vs, Black Infrared VIs, etc.) But the only reason I would get multiples early is because the prices of Jordans tend to get ridiculous over time. 

Originally Posted by Resist

i rock all my shoes, not gonna spend 300 dollars on the same shoe

This. I have yet to ever cop multiples of anything, but I have some specific shoes that I find so beautiful that I would be willing to buy multiples of just to have them for the rest of my life. (Space Jams, White Cement IVs, Metallic Vs, Black Infrared VIs, etc.) But the only reason I would get multiples early is because the prices of Jordans tend to get ridiculous over time. 

my thing is this, im just now getting into buying Jordans never could afford them when I was younger hmm we were so poor I had to wear some old black work boots my brother used when he worked security
30t6p3b.gif
EVERYDAY lol here recently I got into buying them regularly. Starting with the cement 3's, so the whole buy 2 pairs thing was totally foreign to me.

Which brings my next question which ones have foam midsoles and shouldn't be doubled up on?

what upcoming releases are ones you say to yourself "i've gotta get 2 of these"?

my thing is this, im just now getting into buying Jordans never could afford them when I was younger hmm we were so poor I had to wear some old black work boots my brother used when he worked security
30t6p3b.gif
EVERYDAY lol here recently I got into buying them regularly. Starting with the cement 3's, so the whole buy 2 pairs thing was totally foreign to me.

Which brings my next question which ones have foam midsoles and shouldn't be doubled up on?

what upcoming releases are ones you say to yourself "i've gotta get 2 of these"?

Any shoe can be doubled on, but some dudes are on that put the shoe away for 4-5+ years $#!^, or they keep them in humid places, and flabbergasted when they see deep yellow soles or older retroes with exploded midsoles.

And all of this year's retros will probably drop again soon except the Bordeauxes, Concords, and one or two other pairs.

Back
Top Bottom