To Double or NOT To Double

I say double-up on shoes you think are good quality because chances are they will be worse quality when they are re-retroed.

I used to double up on every single Jordan that I bought back in '02 thru '04-$@%. And every single time that I did, I ended up selling the second pair months later.

It always seemed like a good idea at the time, but then I realized that with having so many shoes, the first pair rarely got worn anyways. And these days with how JB releases retros, you could probably be good with just one pair. It really is all preference though.

I used to double up on every single Jordan that I bought back in '02 thru '04-$@%. And every single time that I did, I ended up selling the second pair months later.

It always seemed like a good idea at the time, but then I realized that with having so many shoes, the first pair rarely got worn anyways. And these days with how JB releases retros, you could probably be good with just one pair. It really is all preference though.

For me it depends on how much money is available. Recently I have doubled up a few pairs and have not had enough money to buy every release I want. I would much rather have more releases in good condition than to have a bunch of doubles sitting DS. The more you have in your actual rotation will keep your shoes looking better by not wearing them so often. Just because you keep your shoes DS for years does not mean that it will stay looking brand new for years.

For me it depends on how much money is available. Recently I have doubled up a few pairs and have not had enough money to buy every release I want. I would much rather have more releases in good condition than to have a bunch of doubles sitting DS. The more you have in your actual rotation will keep your shoes looking better by not wearing them so often. Just because you keep your shoes DS for years does not mean that it will stay looking brand new for years.

the main reason i double up is because like some said to put one pair in rotation and have one for back up later on
although some can turn into trade bait or just to keep ds in the collection
i have yet to sell a shoe to make a profit.

the main reason i double up is because like some said to put one pair in rotation and have one for back up later on
although some can turn into trade bait or just to keep ds in the collection
i have yet to sell a shoe to make a profit.

Originally Posted by Gordonson

Any shoe can be doubled on, but some dudes are on that put the shoe away for 4-5+ years $#!^, or they keep them in humid places, and flabbergasted when they see deep yellow soles or older retroes with exploded midsoles.

And all of this year's retros will probably drop again soon except the Bordeauxes, Concords, and one or two other pairs.

What other reason would you duh multiple pairs for? To pull out a fresh one when you have destroyed the other. 4 5 6 7 8 9 will crumble if never worn and kept too long regardless of storage conditions. I had a pair of 99 4's that crumbled after 3 wears. They were on ice for 10 years.

Originally Posted by Gordonson

Any shoe can be doubled on, but some dudes are on that put the shoe away for 4-5+ years $#!^, or they keep them in humid places, and flabbergasted when they see deep yellow soles or older retroes with exploded midsoles.

And all of this year's retros will probably drop again soon except the Bordeauxes, Concords, and one or two other pairs.

What other reason would you duh multiple pairs for? To pull out a fresh one when you have destroyed the other. 4 5 6 7 8 9 will crumble if never worn and kept too long regardless of storage conditions. I had a pair of 99 4's that crumbled after 3 wears. They were on ice for 10 years.

i've only done it a handful of times

i do it when the shoe is so ill that i wear it almost everyday, the second pair allows me to wear the first pair without worry

flint 13's
white cements
black/white huarache trainers

i plan on getting 3 pairs of the concords, everything else has been one and done

i've only done it a handful of times

i do it when the shoe is so ill that i wear it almost everyday, the second pair allows me to wear the first pair without worry

flint 13's
white cements
black/white huarache trainers

i plan on getting 3 pairs of the concords, everything else has been one and done

interesting responses so far...

maybe in the late 90's and early 2000's you had to double up as you weren't sure if the shoes will drop again.

but with the post XX3 era, i think we can see that they are never going to beat the original I - XIV. so pretty safe to say that retroing is something that will regularly occur on popular models.

As 2 yrs ago we saw the IX in the CDP, and it got retroed again last yr.

I never double up, as my OG's and current J's are all in excellent (8/10) condition. I do however go for different colourways of the same shoe.

ended up getting the Red/White, and Flint XIII's .
planning on getting the Black/cement III's to go with my white cement III's and so on.

interesting responses so far...

maybe in the late 90's and early 2000's you had to double up as you weren't sure if the shoes will drop again.

but with the post XX3 era, i think we can see that they are never going to beat the original I - XIV. so pretty safe to say that retroing is something that will regularly occur on popular models.

As 2 yrs ago we saw the IX in the CDP, and it got retroed again last yr.

I never double up, as my OG's and current J's are all in excellent (8/10) condition. I do however go for different colourways of the same shoe.

ended up getting the Red/White, and Flint XIII's .
planning on getting the Black/cement III's to go with my white cement III's and so on.

I spend sooo much money on the other parts of the outfit that I don't have enough to buy the exact same shoe twice. My rotation is fairly deep, so the all of my shoes look VNDS anyway. It's no point for me.

I spend sooo much money on the other parts of the outfit that I don't have enough to buy the exact same shoe twice. My rotation is fairly deep, so the all of my shoes look VNDS anyway. It's no point for me.

I double up on my grails... cause I know I'm gonna rock them over and over.. nothing like a polo tee and cargos or Levis and some fresh Jays to casually wear..

I double up on my grails... cause I know I'm gonna rock them over and over.. nothing like a polo tee and cargos or Levis and some fresh Jays to casually wear..

Originally Posted by MartyMcFresh

That's all you'll see me in.
pimp.gif

Back
Top Bottom