To Double or NOT To Double

Originally Posted by Big Game James 23

First off, anyone who says "theres only x amount off reasons why someone would double up" is ignorant. Theres many different reasons and everyone has got their own.

Second, to the dudes who say "I keep my shoes clean, they last forever", you're either one of them clowns I see waddling flat-footed down the street like a penguin, or you're just a lame who doesn't do s**t. I've had to trash so many shoes after a crazy night of partying or just after getting into some random s**t. I've gotten into a couple of bar brawls that have left blood stains all over my kicks. I was gettin it in with this chick in her hot tub (my clothes and shoes were in her room) and her dog decided to use my J's as a chew toy. I was at a party and this drunk chick spilled her bright blue drink on my brand new lebron chamber of fear af1-complacency(light-grey suede like material w/ blue soles). It ruined the material and left a sick stain. Even back in my early teens, when I relied on my parents to buy me kicks once every 12 - 16 months, I finally got them to buy me a pair of jordans. I usually got cheap af1's or reeboks or something random, but not this time. I was lucky enough to get a pair of OG Columbia Xl's. Of course, during p.e., I changed into my beaters.........and when I came back to my locker.......someone had broken in and took them
mad.gif
mad.gif
mad.gif
. Anyways, the moral of the story is that sometimes unforseen, tragic s**t can happen to your kicks when you actually wear them. So that's why I double up on certain kicks...........just in case.

And finally, don't get me started on JB / Nike's declining quality these days. They might re-retro the same shoe again, but it might not be the same quality.

Man, you should double up on everything you cop because you have some bad luck with shoes
laugh.gif

Originally Posted by Big Game James 23

First off, anyone who says "theres only x amount off reasons why someone would double up" is ignorant. Theres many different reasons and everyone has got their own.

Second, to the dudes who say "I keep my shoes clean, they last forever", you're either one of them clowns I see waddling flat-footed down the street like a penguin, or you're just a lame who doesn't do s**t. I've had to trash so many shoes after a crazy night of partying or just after getting into some random s**t. I've gotten into a couple of bar brawls that have left blood stains all over my kicks. I was gettin it in with this chick in her hot tub (my clothes and shoes were in her room) and her dog decided to use my J's as a chew toy. I was at a party and this drunk chick spilled her bright blue drink on my brand new lebron chamber of fear af1-complacency(light-grey suede like material w/ blue soles). It ruined the material and left a sick stain. Even back in my early teens, when I relied on my parents to buy me kicks once every 12 - 16 months, I finally got them to buy me a pair of jordans. I usually got cheap af1's or reeboks or something random, but not this time. I was lucky enough to get a pair of OG Columbia Xl's. Of course, during p.e., I changed into my beaters.........and when I came back to my locker.......someone had broken in and took them
mad.gif
mad.gif
mad.gif
. Anyways, the moral of the story is that sometimes unforseen, tragic s**t can happen to your kicks when you actually wear them. So that's why I double up on certain kicks...........just in case.

And finally, don't get me started on JB / Nike's declining quality these days. They might re-retro the same shoe again, but it might not be the same quality.

Man, you should double up on everything you cop because you have some bad luck with shoes
laugh.gif

Originally Posted by ijapino

For me, it really all depends...

Sometimes, it's the clear sole rule like dude mentioned above me, other times I like to double up on "OG" colors....But I think it all boils down to on what I like the most....and funds.

this.

Originally Posted by ijapino

For me, it really all depends...

Sometimes, it's the clear sole rule like dude mentioned above me, other times I like to double up on "OG" colors....But I think it all boils down to on what I like the most....and funds.

this.

Originally Posted by Guerrilla Warfare

For me, not 2 double up...neva really got n2 doin that no matter how much I lyk em plus I take gud care of my shoes so no need for that

Originally Posted by Guerrilla Warfare

For me, not 2 double up...neva really got n2 doin that no matter how much I lyk em plus I take gud care of my shoes so no need for that

never double up on 06 releases and above you can always get them for retail or less on ebay nuff said.. unless they were super limited

never double up on 06 releases and above you can always get them for retail or less on ebay nuff said.. unless they were super limited

Originally Posted by jordan freak xi

This is the truth. With the way shoes are being retro-ed and re-retro-ed in such a short span, it is absolutely pointless to double up or stock up on extras.

Originally Posted by jordan freak xi

This is the truth. With the way shoes are being retro-ed and re-retro-ed in such a short span, it is absolutely pointless to double up or stock up on extras.

the only thing worth having more than one of is probably the DMP pack...those !%%%$ are prolly never coming back...i WANT them to but they prolly won't.

Back
Top Bottom