To Double or NOT To Double

Originally Posted by kobeoverbron

I think people double up for two reasons:
1. liking a CW way too much: I love all the 12s and black cement 3s so I'd probably double up on those depending on the funds and availability.
a white red OG 1 is double up worthy too. I'm also thinking about tripling up on the del sol kobe 6s just because I love balling in them and they
look fantastic.

2. greed and leverage: people usually double up on very limited CWs that release to trade for equally valuable kicks or sell for profit...

I don't see any other reason apart from these 2... Personally I only follow reason number 1. I get kicks that I absolutely love and ensure that I
get to wear them
10 years from now.
pimp.gif
pimp.gif
 Sometimes, I triple up...

1. liking a CW way too much: I love all the 12s and black cement 3s so I'd probably double up on those depending on the funds and availability.
a white red OG 1 is double up worthy too. I'm also thinking about tripling up on the del sol kobe 6s just because I love balling in them and they
look fantastic.

2. greed and leverage: people usually double up on very limited CWs that release to trade for equally valuable kicks or sell for profit...

I don't see any other reason apart from these 2... Personally I only follow reason number 1. I get kicks that I absolutely love and ensure that I
get to wear them
10 years from now.
pimp.gif
pimp.gif

i use to double up. not anymore. also i changed my rule. if i buy i must wear. no point in keeping a pair on ice so it can crumble or just sit in a box.

i use to double up. not anymore. also i changed my rule. if i buy i must wear. no point in keeping a pair on ice so it can crumble or just sit in a box.

Originally Posted by Resist

i rock all my shoes, not gonna spend 300 dollars on the same shoe

i hate to be cliche but ^^^this.  Shoes were made to wear not for you to take out and look at once a month.  

Originally Posted by Resist

i rock all my shoes, not gonna spend 300 dollars on the same shoe

i hate to be cliche but ^^^this.  Shoes were made to wear not for you to take out and look at once a month.  

even with a small rotation one could easily make a pair last 10 years. by the time they're beaten a new retro will come out. that way, the replacement is FRESH.

there is absolutely NO NEED to double up, let alone triple.

even with a small rotation one could easily make a pair last 10 years. by the time they're beaten a new retro will come out. that way, the replacement is FRESH.

there is absolutely NO NEED to double up, let alone triple.

doubling up isnt necessary anymore, except on hyped up releases, since the resale value is relatively low (even on wc 3s, surprisingly)....but I just single it, but if I were still into Jays I'd double up on OGs.....I dont see a point for doubling up anymore...I still have my LS 14s, and I'm hella mad they are retroing those just 6 years after the last drop, way too soon

doubling up isnt necessary anymore, except on hyped up releases, since the resale value is relatively low (even on wc 3s, surprisingly)....but I just single it, but if I were still into Jays I'd double up on OGs.....I dont see a point for doubling up anymore...I still have my LS 14s, and I'm hella mad they are retroing those just 6 years after the last drop, way too soon

I'll double up on shoes that I know I will beat up due to consistent wear. Cool Grey XI's, Cement III's, True Blue III's, Infrared 90's etc... I have plenty of shoes to go around but when they're one of my favorites I tend to fall back to them when I don't feel like having to dig through boxes. When the Cement IV's come around to releasing I'll seriously pick up 7 pairs. I know it's overkill but they're NOT TO RESELL but to wear over the years.

I'll double up on shoes that I know I will beat up due to consistent wear. Cool Grey XI's, Cement III's, True Blue III's, Infrared 90's etc... I have plenty of shoes to go around but when they're one of my favorites I tend to fall back to them when I don't feel like having to dig through boxes. When the Cement IV's come around to releasing I'll seriously pick up 7 pairs. I know it's overkill but they're NOT TO RESELL but to wear over the years.

Originally Posted by mjrod1985

look fantastic.

get to wear them
10 years from now.
pimp.gif
pimp.gif
I'm actually jelly that you have multiple pairs of DKs and Chaos zk5s...
sick.gif

my chaos 5 looks like shi now from all the games and casual wear...

forloveofthejays- you're crazy dude! 7 pairs? If I were to 7x on a certain pair...
It would be the black cements and the white cement 3s and all the 12s. LOL

Originally Posted by mjrod1985

look fantastic.

get to wear them
10 years from now.
pimp.gif
pimp.gif
I'm actually jelly that you have multiple pairs of DKs and Chaos zk5s...
sick.gif

my chaos 5 looks like shi now from all the games and casual wear...

forloveofthejays- you're crazy dude! 7 pairs? If I were to 7x on a certain pair...
It would be the black cements and the white cement 3s and all the 12s. LOL

The only reason i double or triple up is to flip. With work i don't have time to wear my shoes enough as it is.

The only reason i double or triple up is to flip. With work i don't have time to wear my shoes enough as it is.

my rule is cement 4 and true blue 3 and midnight 6 are the only 3 pair i will own 2 of because i would want to have them last be 10+ years

my rule is cement 4 and true blue 3 and midnight 6 are the only 3 pair i will own 2 of because i would want to have them last be 10+ years

Back
Top Bottom