To have a father or not to have a father??

More of an Opinionated question since there is no real proof of which is easier/better to grow up with.... 

Would you rather grow up fatherless or have a father who is a F up?

I guess even though mine is a major F up, and still to this day cant act right. I still have some sort of love for dude. Makes it worse I was born on his Birthday so we share that day 
mean.gif
. Basically feels I grew up fatherless with him barely around, but those very few moments where he shined like i father.... i do still cherish.

I'm in the same boat as you op. but I would have rather grew up without dude. The only thing he taught me was what not to be when I have kids later in life

I would rather him not be in the picture at all that to come in every once in awhile and flake

I'm in the same boat as you op. but I would have rather grew up without dude. The only thing he taught me was what not to be when I have kids later in life
I would rather him not be in the picture at all that to come in every once in awhile and flake
And that's the reason why I guess I'm okay with having a bad dad. He taught me what NOT to be when i have a seed. My older brother is like a perfect example, 2 kids deep, best father I know. Works and still in their life, even with a new seed/wife. His oldest is by another woman, but she spends 3-5 days with him throughout the week and he is completely in her life. He got the worse of my pops, he was abused by him. A lot of times for no reason, and i believe all that hardship made him the man he is today, the FATHER he is today.

Makes me re-evaluate that statement Scott, because sometimes a bad experience is better than no experience. I'm glad to have experienced jail, probation, fatherless childhood. It built character and made me who I am. I can say, having an older sibling who has went through a lot and tried to warn me as is good. A lot of my mishaps were preventable from his advice that I didn't take.

Back
Top Bottom