--[ TOP GEAR U.K SERIES 24 Started Mar. 6 ]--[The GRAND TOUR ]

It's a cool show, but I only pick and choose the cars I like... 

On a sidenote, I've seen these upclose and the detail is ridiculous.

Cast doesn't look bad, I enjoyed the Matt Leblanc and Sabine episodes. Just depends on the chemistry. Top Gear and Inside the NBA are the only shows I can think of like that who get it right.

I will watch the first episode of the new UK Top Gear, very doubtful that's it going to be any good, going from 3 host to 6 is already concerning.

I will watch the first episode of the new UK Top Gear, very doubtful that's it going to be any good, going from 3 host to 6 is already concerning.

Depending how the show is formatted, there could be good segments and horrible segments... I don't think it's going to be the same format at all...

Yeah, the Beeb is smarter than that... they'll need to change everything up.  6 new hosts trying to recreate their old format just isn't gonna work.  

I'm keeping an opened mind.  

Looks like top gear. I definitely need to watch a few episodes and get a feel for the new hosts.

I'll watch it for the car reviews. The TG cinematography is still there. :smokin

Lol @ the 20,000+ dislikes

New Top Gear Show Confirmed To Air On Netflix

In an attempt to go head-to-head with Clarkson, May and Hammond and their upcoming show on Amazon, the new Top Gear will also air on Netflix.

The announcement was made by the streaming giant's content officer, Ted Sarandos, who was quoted by TheGuardian as saying that it falls under the deal Netflix has with BBC for previous seasons of the show. Since the British Top Gear is preferred over local versions, Sarandos stated that talks continue to expand the list to as many territories as possible.

"The show is very popular on Netflix as you can imagine. There's a change in format but people definitely prefer the British Top Gear over the local Top Gear in almost every country of the world."

While the revamped motoring show will air on BBC next month, an exact date for when new episodes will be available on Netflix hasn’t been announced yet.

Top Gear's Chris Evans And Matt LeBlanc Apparently Hate Each Other Already

Well, that certainly didn’t take long. New Top Gear helmsman Chris Evans and Friends alum Matt LeBlanc—whom Evans reportedly didn’t want on the show anyway—are apparently not getting along with one another. In fact, Evans apparently blames LeBlanc for the donut fiasco at the Cenotaph last month.

That report comes from The Sun, which is of course a tabloid rag owned by BBC-hating news oligarch Rupert Murdoch, but has had some spot-on gossip about the show in the past. Here’s what they say:

Top Gear hosts Chris Evans and Matt Le Blanc’s relationship has broken down in a new blow for the revamped show.

Bad blood has intensified since the US actor’s “donut” stunt at the Cenotaph was slammed as disrespectful.

Radio 2 host Chris – who never wanted him on board – blames Matt, 48, for last month’s war memorial filming becoming a PR disaster. A source said: “Matt was never Chris’s choice — it was a decision forced upon him to attract the US market.

“He accepted it and was desperate to strike up a bond when they were filming, but the spark just wasn’t there. Since the Cenotaph, their relationship’s deteriorated. Chris thinks Matt severely damaged the brand.

Oh, come on. Doing Mustang donuts in front of part of a war memorial is hands down the least controversial controversy in Top Gear’s entire history. Hey Evans—were your people chased out of the country by an angry mob? Then let that **** slide, dude.

But The Sun says part of the problem here is Evans and his apparent total lack of chill, saying his “controlling nature” has become a problem for all involved.

The new Top Gear has been beset with problems before a single episode has even aired, from the Cenotaph thing to shooting issues in Kazakhstan to on-set drama to Evans’ apparent unwillingness to give up his radio show to focus on the car show. Plus, they’ll have some serious competition from the three guys who used to have their jobs now at Amazon.

Top Gear's Chris Evans And Matt LeBlanc Apparently Hate Each Other Already

Well, that certainly didn’t take long. New Top Gear helmsman Chris Evans and Friends alum Matt LeBlanc—whom Evans reportedly didn’t want on the show anyway—are apparently not getting along with one another. In fact, Evans apparently blames LeBlanc for the donut fiasco at the Cenotaph last month.

That report comes from The Sun, which is of course a tabloid rag owned by BBC-hating news oligarch Rupert Murdoch, but has had some spot-on gossip about the show in the past. Here’s what they say:
Top Gear hosts Chris Evans and Matt Le Blanc’s relationship has broken down in a new blow for the revamped show.

Bad blood has intensified since the US actor’s “donut” stunt at the Cenotaph was slammed as disrespectful.

Radio 2 host Chris – who never wanted him on board – blames Matt, 48, for last month’s war memorial filming becoming a PR disaster. A source said: “Matt was never Chris’s choice — it was a decision forced upon him to attract the US market.

“He accepted it and was desperate to strike up a bond when they were filming, but the spark just wasn’t there. Since the Cenotaph, their relationship’s deteriorated. Chris thinks Matt severely damaged the brand.
Oh, come on. Doing Mustang donuts in front of part of a war memorial is hands down the least controversial controversy in Top Gear’s entire history. Hey Evans—were your people chased out of the country by an angry mob? Then let that **** slide, dude.

But The Sun says part of the problem here is Evans and his apparent total lack of chill, saying his “controlling nature” has become a problem for all involved.

The new Top Gear has been beset with problems before a single episode has even aired, from the Cenotaph thing to shooting issues in Kazakhstan to on-set drama to Evans’ apparent unwillingness to give up his radio show to focus on the car show. Plus, they’ll have some serious competition from the three guys who used to have their jobs now at Amazon.
They need to scrap this cast.  They haven't even aired any episodes and it's already sounding like trash
laugh.gif
.  They would've been better off relocating the US or Australian crew to the UK and just having them do the shows.

^ :lol: the chemistry between those 3 guys is uncanny !! lol

This is why this is probably my favorite show... It's just so entertaining... I've watched this show with girls who best description of what car they drive is "red" and they laugh the entire time... I can't wait for it to debut... They better be doing atleast one road trip in awful cars...

I'm so excited for this show, I've purposely forgot it's real :lol:...

Report: It Hasn't Gotten Any Better To Work On Top Gear

The Top Gear staff is apparently worried about host Chris Evans' volatile behavior behind the scenes. In the report, there is one account from an unnamed source, who revealed, "one recent incident saw Evans “shout so viciously that the producer was reduced to tears and an engineer had to tell him to stop."

Evans, who was named the new host in June 2015 to replace the fired Jeremy Clarkson, has already had bad press over his alleged work schedule and touchy relationship with co-host Matt LeBlanc. Yet Evans was supposed to usher in a new, calmer era after Clarkson was ousted over his physical run-in with a producer. Based on the reports that have emerged before the show's launch, the show is just as volatile as the last days of the old reign.

New ‘Extra Gear’ Show To Provide Behind-The-Scenes Look At New Top Gear

Top Gear is gaining a little brother in the form of the new ’Extra Gear’ show which will show us behind-the-scenes footage of the most popular motoring show as well as extra content.

The new spin-off show will be hosted by Rory Reid and will be filmed immediately after the main show. Each episode will be 30 minutes long, featuring exclusive footage, interviews and special films and will be aired immediately after Top Gear, both on TV and on BBC’s iPlayer.

“The Top Gear fans are some of the keenest in the world and with this show I’m giving them a chance to really get a peek behind the curtain,” said Rory Reid. “I’m looking forward to showing them how the show is made and what goes on behind the scenes, giving viewers a different perspective on some of the coolest cars on the planet.”

Clarkson, Hammond and May To Launch DriveTribe Online Platform

LONDON — Former “Top Gear” hosts Jeremy Clarkson, Richard Hammond and James May, who are preparing to launch a car show for Amazon, have partnered with tech entrepreneur Ernesto Schmitt to create DriveTribe, a digital media platform for car enthusiasts, Variety can exclusively reveal. Former “Top Gear” executive producer Andy Wilman is also on board the venture, which has been co-funded by the five partners.

DriveTribe, which aims to become the digital home for motoring fans worldwide, is structured into different “tribes,” each with their own characteristics and personality. Each tribe will be hosted by stars, bloggers, writers and videographers, including Clarkson, Hammond and May, who will generate and curate their own content for fans. Users sign up to the tribes that reflect their personal motoring interests, and can also create their own tribes. “What we are looking to do is build a next-generation vertical that is dedicated to motoring, and that really combines content, social and commerce,” Schmitt said. The content will be produced both by professional content creators, and the users.

Last edited:
Back
Top Bottom