--[ TOP GEAR U.K SERIES 24 Started Mar. 6 ]--[The GRAND TOUR ]

official name

Jeremy Clarkson [emoji]10004[/emoji] ‎@JeremyClarkson

Start the smoke. We have a name.

So, the Grand Tour (GT for short) will come from a tent, which we will put up in a different location every week. Your town?

We have 12 shows. One is a Christmas thing. That means 11 locations for our tent. Many requests from Mexico.

The leading contenders for locations so far are Heckmondwike and Texas.

Last edited:
Man i wish they had that Extra Gear behind the scenes show for the real Top Gear all this time.  smh

Can't wait for this GT show tho, the Goats are back 
pimp.gif

Last edited:
Taping of Top Gear's first new episode didn't go very well

Filming in front of a live audience is never easy, even when you're Chris Evans. Taping of the first episode of Top Gear helmed by Evans took place a few days ago, and it reportedly didn't run as smoothly as the British personality had hoped.

First, Brad Pitt dropped out as the reborn show's first guest, replaced by Jesse Eisenberg and Gordon Ramsey. Then, it reportedly took Evans 10 attempts to nail his opening monologue, according to The Sun. "Don't fold your arms, don't wear black. Take it off – take everything off," Evans was quoted as saying. "Don't fold your arms, don't have your hands in your pockets." He ended his rant with a particularly choice string of expletives.

It took four hours to shoot the in-studio segments, apparently, which doesn't necessarily sound like a major problem. Except that Evans had previously mocked Clarkson and co. for taking as many as three hours to nail their live footage. And apparently the jokes weren't very funny, prompting the host to chide the audience, "Don't be quiet. Talk among yourselves. Jesus Christ! Can you all hear me?"

Not surprised that the tapings dont do especially well. When TG first came out, doing in front of a live audience was part of the change. Clarkson and co. had their fair share of mishaps in front of live audiences, but seeing how this Chris Evans YouTuber is in front of a crowd really opens your eyes. This isn't YouTube or a radio show this is BBC, the big boys. If the audience finds you bland they wont respond. You dont have to cuss and demand laughs.

Not surprised that the tapings dont do especially well. When TG first came out, doing in front of a live audience was part of the change. Clarkson and co. had their fair share of mishaps in front of live audiences, but seeing how this Chris Evans YouTuber is in front of a crowd really opens your eyes. This isn't YouTube or a radio show this is BBC, the big boys. If the audience finds you bland they wont respond. You dont have to cuss and demand laughs.

I've always stated that the show is about the chemistry of the three hosts.

In the early days ( :lol: before Captain Slow even arrived they had another weird dude too), it takes time for them to find their feet. I'm sure the show will do alright cause of the cars, and personally I think Chris Harris is pretty decent host. I doubt I'll watch more than an episode or two, as I genuinely don't find Chris Evans to be remotely interesting. But yeah, I'm sure over the course of the first season, they'll find their feet....

Tiff Needell Announces The End Of Fifth Gear TV Show

After BBC sacked Clarkson from Top Gear and decided to revamp the show with different presenters and a new format, another popular motoring program has seen its end: Fifth Gear.

The man to make the announcement official is Tiff Needell himself, who blamed a money-related problem and wrote on Twitter:

"So busy enjoying Mille Miglia forgot to point out @FifthGearTV on @ITV4 on Friday was last one ever recorded. And no news of any more... After an unbroken 29 years presenting either Top Gear or Fifth Gear it feels weird not to have any filming dates in my diary!"

Last edited:
I didn't know Tiff AND Jeremy were once on TG.

I can't even imagine that. Probably a lot of bickering until they got to chase each other around the track.

I didn't know Tiff AND Jeremy were once on TG.

I can't even imagine that. Probably a lot of bickering until they got to chase each other around the track.
Tiff on TG was really good.  Really enjoyed his stint.  Of course, TG back then was quite different from the TG that we know now.  

During the car tests, Tiff would do crazy maneuvers... 

Still my favorite Tiff TG test...

I watched it earlier today... I'll refrain from commenting till you guys watch it... 

So I watched the debut of New Top Gear and its a mess. Surprisingly LeBlanc is the best thing about the show. He composed, cool, funny and seems comfortable behind the cameras. Chris Evans, man this dude is annoying and obnoxious. Seems like he needs to tone it down. He seems to be shouting all the time. It is going to need some time for all the hosts to mesh and gel, but when you keep referencing that Matt LeBlanc is american (we all know this, even the citizens of UK) over and over it seems disingenuous and you can tell there is friction. The production from Top Gear is always top notch. The visuals are awe-inspiring and beautiful. The show, however, could use some heavy editing. I mean it seems like they threw everything at the audience. First a challenge in the robin, then a segment on the Viper, then they jumped to Star in res. Price Car, then another segment with the Robin, then another new segment with new hosts. Its like watching a Zack Snyder film.

The show looks promising, but they need to find their groove. They also need to find it fast, because the Grand Tour is going to debut on Amazon before you know it. Sorry for the long post but I have been a fan of Top Gear since I was 14. Im 29 now, man how time flies!

Yep, I pretty much agree with you there.  Evans seems to be a bit annoying... I don't listen to his radio show, so I don't really "know" him.  Joey was pretty good... came off as pretty natural at it.  But overall, my biggest issue was how it was so similar to old TG.  I was fully expecting them to change things up.  Now it's just the same segments but with new presenters that, frankly, doesn't have that much chemistry.  The Reliant bit dragged on a bit, while the Viper/Vette bit was just ok.  Seemed like it was down to the editing to make it look more like a dogfight.  On a sidenote, I was kinda hoping Joey said "How you doin'" to those drag queens. 
laugh.gif
  And it's only the first episode, but I felt they underused Sabine.  She's far too good of a driver to use in just one segment.  Maybe it's cuz she lives in Germany, which makes logistics a bit tougher.  

Gonna watch TG Extra now with Harris and Reed... Looking forward to seeing what Harris has to offer.  I like his stuff. 

yeah i dont think ill keep watching, its no old top gear, ive never cared for matt leblanc, chis evans just bothers me, the rally car is cool but im not gonna watch the show just for that

Just watched it via because, you know....playoffs. Idk why they keep putting it against sports like we don't like both in the states.

It's not THAT bad. I think people just have a hard time with change. It's not going to be Jermey and co, so I didn't have my hopes up that far. They should've left the Reliant Robin alone doe. They wasn't going to top Jermey's skit. I'm assuming Matt not knowing anything about the UK is going to be a running gag? Also, I suspect Sabine's English isn't on presenters level just yet.

I'll give it a chance. I do think they should've made Harris a full on host. I like the way he's genuinely excited about cars.

It wasnt that bad but it wasnt good either.

Weak episode for a series premiere.

Now i know why there were many complaints about the new host. I need time to get used to him :lol:

Matt was was pretty good. I need more car reviews and dont make it a clone of Top Gear USA with challenges every episode. :smh:

I did like the offroad course that they added on the SORPC.

Back
Top Bottom