Toronto Raptors Off-Season Post: Home of the Red, White, and BLACK

What about you guys making a play for Ben Gordon? Since the Bulls are about to take Derrick Rose.

BG is nice but I don't like his ball-hogging tendencies. I know he's a good scorer but dude pulls god awful shots at times. Plus, I don't know ifwe have enough to trade for him considering TJ's going out the door now (not that he's the player to be traded, but his name's sort of up therewith BG).

I think it's a good trade for both the Raps and the Pacers now (if JO stays healthy). The Pacers are very active on this Draft night...I'm wonderingwhat's under Larry Legend's sleeve...

Too bad we're getting rid of Hibbert. I actually like him.

And whoever said fire Smitch and hire JVG, I couldnt agree more

OMFGGGGG 1 pick away...SMFHHHH TO THE FULLEST

CDR...what's worse...the @%+#$%* NETS

GODADAMNIT BLODFDCLOT dfafasfiasdjfasldkflkadsjdlfdkasj

Who is Nathan Jawai?

<---
glasses.gif

Career Highlights: Played briefly for Midland College in Texas before returning home to Australia to play professionally with the Cairns Taipans in the National Basketball League. Earned Second Team All-NBL honors in 2007-08 and was unanimously selected as the NBL Rookie of the Year. Named MVP of the 2008 NBL All-Star Game after registering 24 points and 12 rebounds. A member of the Australian National Team. Was a member of the Australian Team that finished in fourth place at the 2005 U21 World Championships held in Mar de Plata, but did not play due to injury.

2007-08: With Cairns, averaged 17.7 points and 9.6 rebounds. Ranked third in the NBL in rebounding, fifth in field goal percentage (.575) and ninth in blocked shots (1.0 bpg). Scored 20 or more points 12 times. Posted 13 double-doubles. Recorded a career-high 28 points on 13-for-16 shooting and pulled down 15 rebounds at Townsville. Grabbed a career-high 18 rebounds and added 22 points at Sydney. Registered 25 points and 16 rebounds vs. Singapore.

2006-07: At Midland College, averaged 11.4 points, 5.8 rebounds, and 1.0 blocked shots in 23.9 minutes a contest before leaving the team and returning home to Australia after 13 games.

Strengths: Possesses a huge frame and a massive wingspan of 7-5. Runs the floor well and has nimble feet.

Personal: Nicknames include "Baby Shaq" and "Aussie Shaq" for his resemblance to Shaquille O'Neal. Grew up in the city of Bamaga, a small town of about 1,000 people located north of the Jardine River. Started playing basketball at the age of 15. Teammates during his two years at the Australian Institute of Sport in 2005 and 2006 include fellow NBA Draft candidate Joe Ingles, Washington State junior Aaron Baynes, Utah sophomore Steven Weigh and college freshmen Andrew Ogilvy of Vanderbilt and Patrick Mills of St. Mary's (Calif.).

Looks like the staff was looking for some inside toughness, someone who can crash the boards. The dude isn't a stranger to the playing style in the USsince he attended college there and he already has professional experience. I'm CERTAIN BC doesn't want any projects no more. He wants players who canstep up to the plate right away.

Originally Posted by Squalie413

are we even getting the pacers 41 pick?

I think they're making the pick for us and trading it afterwards, like what we're doing with our first round (not sure though.)

Originally Posted by Copp 2 Of Em

Originally Posted by Squalie413

are we even getting the pacers 41 pick?

I think they're making the pick for us and trading it afterwards, like what we're doing with our first round (not sure though.)

Yes we are.

We just wasted a draft pick on this Nathan Jawai bum. 1.8% chance that he even makes it to the NBA.

^ never heard any talks of them sending a 2nd rounder unless its JO 2nd rounder for TJ rasho 17 and joey instead of baston if the 2nd wasnt included?

mad.gif
mad.gif
mad.gif
mad.gif
mad.gif
mad.gif
mad.gif
mad.gif
@ Nets

CDR was THAT close to being a raptor, I was all
eek.gif
as it came closer to #41and he was still available and then.... BAH

I dont know much abt nathan jawai but I'd have been ok if they had taken ewing jr at that spot too, although hes perhaps more of a project but that dude isvery very athletic

Originally Posted by imINchucks5

link
Charlotte Bobcats managing partner Michael Jordan confirmed to the Observer on Thursday that they were talking to the Raptors about a swap of Wallace and point guard T.J. Ford. The talks apparently hit a snag when Toronto additionally asked for a draft pick. Instead, the Raptors are moving Ford to Indiana in a trade involving forward Jermaine O'Neal.
The salaries for Wallace ($9.5 million) and Ford ($8.77 million) are close enough that the deal easily could have worked under salary-cap rules. Wallace is to make $9.5million each of the next four seasons.

It's clear the Bobcats are looking to reshape their roster. Multiple league sources confirmed that the Bobcats spent the days leading up to the draft assessing trade value for all their veterans.

Wow......reeeeeaaaaaaally think you should have pulled the trigger on that one.
laugh.gif
at asking for a draft pick when you already get the better end ofthe deal. Wallace is just the kind of scorer you guys need. Someone who can score consistantly and rebound very well for a small forward.

Wallace & 17thpick>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>JermaineO'Neal for next season's success.
Wallace & 17thpick>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>JermaineO'Neal longterm future.

It would have been awesome to watch CDR and Andrea compete to see who can bench a plate and a five.

Can you even wear white whirts under your jersey in th NBA?

CDR gets to much credit, hes lucky to have played on a very taletned Memphis team.
Hes good but not as great like was made out to be. its appearent the GM's felt the same.

Wallace has 4 year 9.5 mil/year contract...and he is just as injury prone as TJ/JO...and that would still leave us with no big to help out Bosh/Andrea and fillthat defensive/rebounding need.

I still think the JO trade makes the most sense out of all the trades.

Moon can become what G-Force is...for less.

That's good that everyone is positive of the JO trade.

I think he was a player waiting in limbo a la Vince Carter with the injury-prone image all the same. He sounded relieved about the trade from that phoneinterview and looking forward with the Raptors. Hopefully, we'll have a "prove the critics wrong" season out of him.

One reason why I was sold to the idea was that a friend of mine pointed out that when JOs contract runs out in two years time, he will enter the free agencymarket frenzy. Players like Melo, Lebron, and Wade (I think) have their contracts run out and Bosh and Amare can opt-out.

The Raptors can't be certain that he will want to re-sign and we can't assume we'll quickly develop the 17th pick into a marquee player as well,this is Bosh's team. With all these uncertainties, the odds make the JO trade just more favorable.

The addition of O'Neal, too, adds some of that brash bad boy attitude the team needs. We got the new Twin Towers running now in TO. Look for Bosh to starttaking more 3s, haha.

I'm happy with the O'Neal trade but here's something to get some of you riled up:

Wallace was in aborted trade
Rick Bonnell
[email protected]

Gerald Wallace could have been shipped to Toronto.

Charlotte Bobcats managing partner Michael Jordan confirmed to the Observer on Thursday that they were talking to the Raptors about a swap of Wallace and point guard T.J. Ford. The talks apparently hit a snag when Toronto additionally asked for a draft pick. Instead, the Raptors are moving Ford to Indiana in a trade involving forward Jermaine O'Neal.

The salaries for Wallace ($9.5 million) and Ford ($8.77 million) are close enough that the deal easily could have worked under salary-cap rules. Wallace is to make $9.5 million each of the next four seasons.

It's clear the Bobcats are looking to reshape their roster. Multiple league sources confirmed that the Bobcats spent the days leading up to the draft assessing trade value for all their veterans.

Not sure how legit this is but it's something to think about.

well another thing to get you guys riled up

Artest opts out

"I never knew so many teams would be coming after me," he wrote. "All I can say is I made a hundred degree turnaround."
Of course he may have meant a 180-degree turnaround, but you get the idea.

LOL not the smartest guy but hey!

i think the raps only have their MLE left but i think the other teams that covet him as well ie: the lakers or what not only have the MLE as well. I remember acouple of weeks back that he was 99% not going to opt out but the JO trade happens and he opts out, makes you wonder if the pacer connection has something todo with it..again its ALLLL speculation.

id go nuts if it happens though.

Back
Top Bottom