Toys R US Buy 2 get 1 Free Video Games...10/11-10/17

I'm going in with my two gift receipts and hoping for store credit... wish me luck

Didn't see this anywhere in the thread.

But in case some of you are stumped in choosing a 3rd game, you can throw certain preorders in the "Buy 2" mix.

A list done by trial-and-error by a few folks:

Working

Wii
A Boy and His Blob

PS3

Bayonetta
Bioshock 2
Brutal Legend
Dark Void
DJ Hero PS3
Heist
Mafia II
MAG
Splatterhouse
Uncharted 2

Bayonetta
Bioshock 2
Brutal Legend
Call of Duty Modern Warfare 2 Prestige Edition
Dark Void
Heist
Mafia II
Magna Carta 2
Splatterhouse
Tony Hawk Ride

DS
Pokemon Mystery Dungeon - Explorers of Sky

Not

Alpha Protocol
Assassin's Creed 2
Blur
Borderlands
Call of Duty Modern Warfare 2 (any version not 360 Prestige Edition)
Call of Duty: Modern Warfare: Reflex
Darksiders
Demon's Souls (not listed)
DJ Hero 360
Dragon Age
Fifa 10
Forza 3
God of War 3 (not listed)
Gran Turismo 5
GTA Chinatown Wars PSP
Guitar Hero Van Halen
Heavy Rain
Jak and Daxter PSP
Left 4 Dead 2
Lost Planet 2
Mass Effect 2 (not listed)
MotorStorm: Arctic Edge PS2
New Super Mario Bros.
Racthet and Clank
Resident Evil: Darkside Chronicles
Tekken 6
That Saboteur
Tony Hawk Ride (PS3)
Zelda Spirit Tracks (not listed)

I posted that list already.

But anyways, this TRU around Brooklyn has Microsoft points with a sign RIGHT ON THE SAME RACK saying buy 2 accessories get 1 free, yet the employee said theyare not including the points in the sale. I even told her its included on the website.
indifferent.gif

Originally Posted by 22 Rather Unique 22

Originally Posted by xsalvioutlawx

I know you return both games you recieved gift reciepts for, but isn't it obvious when you return two games that were purchased during the sale since the date of purchase is on the gift reciept? Granted I know you can say you recieved them as gifts...

Return them at separate times....that way it's not that obvious. That's why you ask for 2 gift receipts.

i wasnt able to go today. i didnt wanna OD. but i doubt they will give a gift card for just one game.. i understand that bringing 2 at a time is obvious. butwouldnt they also shut you down if you bring in 1 of them. yesterday at one spot they asked me to return all 3.

Uncharted 2 was sold out @ the TRU I went to
smh.gif

Hopefully they get another shipment by the end of the week.

Originally Posted by rck2sactown

I'm going in with my two gift receipts and hoping for store credit... wish me luck

Let me know how it goes. In sac right? I havent hit up the one in Arden yet, I need to do it one more time.

just got home from 2 toys r us... well before i explain my story i just want to say that i wasnt going to go in this scam... i just didnt feel like putting theeffort in it plus i knew i wouldnt play all the games i wanted... so i just went in the 1st toys r us to get 2k and uncharted thats all i really cared for anda random game to return for when call of duty comes out... i asked the guy can i return madden for something next month that comes out if its unopened? heasked his manager some random chick and was like nah you can only do returns during the promotion... so i was like aite bet... bought all 3 and got a giftreceipt only for madden should of got it for another game as well to complete the scam but was like watever i just want call of duty next month and im good...so i go to another toys r us and return madden no questions asked for a gift card... now im set for next month when call of duty comes out...

Originally Posted by d0nt w0rry about it

Has anyone successfully gotten Best Buy to match this deal?
Nah, I was told they "don't match bundles"

When to another TRU today and got my money back for my 1st pickup (1 gift receipt with the 2 games on it). Now I just gotta find 2K.
nerd.gif

Originally Posted by TJ Detweiler

Let me know how it goes. In sac right? I havent hit up the one in Arden yet, I need to do it one more time.
They had some @*$!@ working behind the counter and said i needed to bring the 3rd game in (even though its opened, 2k10) to adjust it.... not sosure what that meant.

Yo , quick question about Halo ODST, maybe someone in here can answer, when your playing on xbox live on odst are you playing on the same server as halo 3players?

thanx

They had some @*$!@ working behind the counter and said i needed to bring the 3rd game in (even though its opened, 2k10) to adjust it.... not so sure what that meant.
Did you try the one in elk grove?

Originally Posted by Crank Lucas

Yo , quick question about Halo ODST, maybe someone in here can answer, when your playing on xbox live on odst are you playing on the same server as halo 3 players?

thanx
your talking about the extra multiplayer disc right? i'm sure it's the same, when i installed it to my hard drive, it installed as halo 3,with over a million ratings already for it.....

Originally Posted by EAGLE 0N

Uncharted 2 was sold out @ the TRU I went to
smh.gif

Hopefully they get another shipment by the end of the week.
so i take it this is THE game to get huh?

Scammed them for Brutal Legend, Infamous and Uncharted 2 today.

Which one of ya'll was at the Tukwila store today and got MUA2, ODST and Batman: AA today around 2:30pm?

The lady though I was with you since I also had a gift card for exactly $131.38.

She knew something was up too since I told her to scanned my free game last.

I got shutdown at TRU in Times Square right off the bat
laugh.gif

I still ended up copping: Infamous, Batman AA, NFS Shift, and Marvel UA2 all for PS3. Uncharted, Live and 2K were sold out, so I'll wait till they restockto exchange.

If anyone wants to trade for my Marvel UA2 for any of the 3 games I need or Street Fighter 4 lmk. NYC meet-ups only.

^^ So this does work in NYC? I only want to spend cash if I can pull this off

Originally Posted by Boomatic206

Scammed them for Brutal Legend, Infamous and Uncharted 2 today.

Which one of ya'll was at the Tukwila store today and got MUA2, ODST and Batman: AA today around 2:30pm?

The lady though I was with you since I also had a gift card for exactly $131.38.

She knew something was up too since I told her to scanned my free game last.
yeah i went to the tukwila one on sunday and copped 2 2k10 and live 10. got the gift receipt for live and one 2k10. hopefully this works...

Originally Posted by 1C3M4M

^^ So this does work in NYC? I only want to spend cash if I can pull this off
it does work in NYC. You just can't go to the 42nd St. TRU.
laugh.gif

Originally Posted by raptors29

I only have one in my area and it's not that close to my school so I'm thinking about buying and then returning immediately. Has anyone tried that?

Just got another 3, the girl gave me a gift receipt with all three on it instead of one for each paid one (like I asked for). All i want to do is exchange 1 ofthem for COD next month, I should still be good right?

nba 2k10, need 4 speed shirt, one other game that i will return and exchange it for fifa when it comes out

They had some @*$!@ working behind the counter and said i needed to bring the 3rd game in (even though its opened, 2k10) to adjust it.... not so sure what that meant.
Which one did you go to? I did it successfully at the one in Roseville and Citrus heights by sunrise mall. I went again just now but didnt workbut it was because yesterday I bought 2 Need for speeds and flash point and was gonna return a need for speed but I guess I took the one that was marked freeon the system but the dude seem pretty cool and tried to work around it but he said it couldnt. I'm gonna go back tomorrow with the right need for speedthis time. lol

I got Uncharted 2 (x2) and Batman AA

Gonna either sell one Uncharted on ebay or trade it in for 2K10 if they ever have it in stock

Back
Top Bottom