Traveling in the NBA... your thoughts?

Mane they been stopped calling traveling in the league years ago..unless it some super obvious ****

Does every level of ball have the same rules re: traveling that the NBA does?

That's really what this is about.

I see more and more traveling trickling down into high school ball (with bigger prospect players, not so much your local class 2A game).

Is traveling just okay because the athletic players use it to make us go "wow"?

Tim Duncan's swing through move, from a stand still

Travel or no?

Sometimes it looks legal, other times when he tries to do it super fast its a definite travel

Is traveling just okay because the athletic players use it to make us go "wow"?

I think sometimes it is hard to call @ 1000mph w/ some of the moves that these dudes make

This thread is a perfect example of why its not addressed. Because when it comes to unconventional moves, theres always disagreement what is or isnt a travel.

The worst offender:

I love that Steve Francis one.
laugh.gif

Someone else ran with the ball and bounced it off the floor like that but got called for a walk. I want to say it was Nate Robinson.

The score is what always gets me. This and the Ricky Davis triple double>>>>>>>>>

Another play that confuses me is when players don't put the ball on the floor and take steps after catching a pass on a breakaway

#10 and #9

That's one of the international rules that I like - if you haven't picked up your dribble then you only get one step.

I'd love to see this clamped down on. It's a fundamental part of basketball - you can't run with the ball.

Back
Top Bottom