trust lvl: (me/100%)(your pastor/-5%)

my little sis and a friend of hers planned a trip to vegas.  from what i understood, they had everything planned out to the "t".  all i had to do was drive them to the air port.  my sister's friend's brother was asked to pick them up when they returned in four days. 

the weekend ends and these two should be landing late sunday evening.  due to wind issues in vegas, the flight was delayed, so the flight didn't come in until after 1 a.m. 

i'm sleep, probably drooling and dreaming about elle varner when i got this call from my sis.  she was upset and asked me to go pick them up, or she would just call a cab.  i told her i got her and proceeded to get dressed.  she goes on to tell me her friend's brother flaked and gave them some lame excuse why he wasn't going to fulfill his promise.  i pull up to the arrival curb and they both are so apologetic.  i assured them it was no problem what-so-ever, and i reminded my sister of the few times she picked me up from dfw at all times of the day when i had flights to and from cali. 

i finally got them in the car and asked what happened to the brother that he didn't show.  the friend pretty much said dude had a window and when the flight delayed, the window closed, so he pawned them off on her mom.  she said she called her mom to go pick them up, but she wasn't having it either, so i guess after running out of options, the mom puts her pastor on 3-way.  i thought she was going to say she called him to pray about it, but she asked him to go pick them up.  homie told them if they promised to make a sizable offering to the church, he'll drive over to pick them up.  i laughed my *** off the whole way back.

i didn't even know people put that kind of burden or trust in/on pastors.  after i dropped off her friend, i told my sis to never trust that girl's family to do anything seeing as though they didn't care enough to see them home safely.

Originally Posted by 03silverbullet

homie told them if they promised to make a sizable offering to the church, he'll drive over to pick them up.  i laughed my *** off the whole way back.

lol wut?

so im guessing your sisters friend brother is a pastor?
btw that offering offer
laugh.gif

This story does not sound real, not saying your lying, just saying it doesn't sound like it ever happened...

Originally Posted by Josednk1068

This story does not sound real, not saying your lying, just saying it doesn't sound like it ever happened...

To summarize: This can't be life.

That's got nothing to do with him being a pastor really - she just involved someone in something that they shouldn't have been involved in. Spiritual problem? Yes. Bereavement? Yes. Questions over life? Yes. Limo service. Heck no.

^^^
laugh.gif
laugh.gif
laugh.gif
i see i led the story in the wrong direction with the title.  by no means was i trying to take personal shots at ol' boy, so i shouldn't have wrote [color= rgb(153, 153, 153)]trust[/color], but he could have simply told them no and not tried to negotiate the ride.  the friend's brother took the cake. 

Dude didn't have to extort them into a ride. Classless move. Donation please. It's one thing dude said yeah, throw me gas money but a donation, nah.

Back
Top Bottom