Twitter is serious business

well that's cause people want to see her receive her just repercussions, but i'm pretty sure most people were initially outraged by her words

can't go around spewing that kind of nonsense. there will always be repercussions

Last edited:

well that's cause people want to see her receive her just repercussions, but i'm pretty sure most people were initially outraged by her words

can't go awround spewing that kind of nonsense. there will always be repercussions
true, but twitter ain't really after justice they want punchline opportunities

Last edited:

can't go awround spewing that kind of nonsense. there will always be repercussions
a large part of twitter is only in it for the lulz, true

The TT #JustKiddingImWhite was hilarious.

I thought her comments were ignorant but ultimately I wasn't too offended. Too much energy to get offended at every ignorant comment

roll.gif

That Freddie Mercury gif. SON! Hahaahaaaaaaahahaaaaa!

It's funny that people think PR is a real profession with sensible minded people that have a enough common knowledge to know what might not be a good idea to say.  I mean look at Kieth Sweats baby moms, and the dumb *** **** she said when she was reppin TO during his suicide attempt.  A lot of these PR broads, and stylist are just lazy morons in their own right.

even the internet has gotten soft.

I didn't know soccer moms were on twitter.
i don't understand your point

if you're an adult i would hope you know that the kind of comment made by this person would warrant appropriate criticism and repercussion, especially considering her position and the company she represents. i pretty much explained on a previous page why many people would be offended by it, but if you want to be obtuse about it, then it's your choice. i mean, if you deny a person's agency to feel uncomfortable, if not outraged by something like: "Going to Africa. Hope I don't get AIDS. Just kidding. I'm white!" then you're basically giving legitimacy to the ignorance of her sentiments.

even the internet has gotten soft.

I didn't know soccer moms were on twitter.

i don't understand your point

if you're an adult i would hope you know that the kind of comment made by this person would warrant appropriate criticism and repercussion, especially considering her position and the company she represents. i pretty much explained on a previous page why many people would be offended by it, but if you want to be obtuse about it, then it's your choice. i mean, if you deny a person's agency to feel uncomfortable, if not outraged by something like: "Going to Africa. Hope I don't get AIDS. Just kidding. I'm white!" then you're basically giving legitimacy to the ignorance of her sentiments.

by strangers?

no.

The internet wasn't made for keeping tabs on strangers that don't affect you to try to get them fired.
It's getting sad seeing these threads and news stories pop up every other week.

I feel like I'm surrounded by angry mothers trying to shelter their children from different viewpoints (including wrong and ignorant ones)

Last edited:
 by strangers?

no.

The internet wasn't made for keeping tabs on strangers that don't affect you to try to get them fired.
tell me what exactly the internet was made for then.  the internet is only a microcosm of what goes on in everyday life. twitter is an added means of communication (which is what the internet was basically made for) where people get their thoughts across to others.

if a person such as this were to speak this way on radio, tv or some other public venue, they would receive equal negative feedback. by strangers

who are you to say whether or not someone's comments such as this one from somebody they don't know should affect them or not?

if something is highly offensive to one person (or a group of people in this case), they have just as much right to voice their displeasure with those comments as someone who feels they have a right to make them

it's sad that people feel they can say whatever they want and then either try to play it off as "i was only kidding" or hide behind the "freedom of speech" argument. it's also sad that there's people out there who are totally complacent about others' offensive behavior. it's that behavior that perpetuates a lot of the negativity that out there in the first place

Last edited:
by strangers?

no.

I feel like I'm surrounded by angry mothers trying to shelter their children from different viewpoints (including wrong and ignorant ones)

Agreed completely.

Was it poor choice of words? Yes it was

Seeing the selectively offended e viggivlanties ruin this girls career over a stupid remark as dumb though especially when most the people casting shade aren't perfect angels themselves.

I'm not sure what's worse. Her poor decision making in choice of words. Or the fact that a persons hard work and time put into a career could be completely wiped down the drain all because of one bad sarcastic joke that people find offensive.

Am I the only one who doesn't see what ogbobby did? Whats so genius about his post? I feel like I'm missing out :frown:

by strangers?

no.

Agreed completely.

Was it poor choice of words? Yes it was

Seeing the selectively offended e viggivlanties ruin this girls career over a stupid remark as dumb though especially when most the people casting shade aren't perfect angels themselves.

I'm not sure what's worse. Her poor decision making in choice of words. Or the fact that a persons hard work and time put into a career could be completely wiped down the drain all because of one bad sarcastic joke that people find offensive.
Hard work? She probably sucked a D or used daddy's connections to get where ever she is. 

I don't know why yall stick up for these idiots. 
laugh.gif

Last edited:
Your first part is purely speculative. Maybe she did maybe she didn't.

Its bigger then what she said though and its beyond her. I just don't think one poor choice of judgement on something small like a poorly distasteful joke should cost a person there job.

It would be different but imagine you get in a high profile job and somehow someone brings up some of your previous posts on NT where you've wished terrible things on law enforcement and other people. (I personally agree with you on some of that stuff) and uses it completely against you. Personally I think that would be corny.

She should be reprimanded and punished but for one poor choice of words to cost someone there job. That's excessive

the fact of that the freddy mercury gif had to be explained just proves how stupid people are on the internet.

NONE OF IT SHOULD BE TAKEN SERIOUSLY.

yes it was a stupid joke but its not like shes the president or anyone important, just another idiot making a dumb comment.

you see worst from users with NT#

Last edited:
You do see worse from #NT its some foul stuff posted from time to time. Still I don't think none of that stuff posted on #NT should affect the posters job or career especially if its posted off the clock.

Back
Top Bottom