Uber Driver killed by 13 and 15 yr old in DC

DC laws pertaining to juveniles:

The max they can hold anyone for is until they turn 21. They also HAVE to offer them a plea deal. They’ll probably take the deal and be out in 2-3 years and records will be wiped clean.

If they weren’t so lenient with kids for serious offenses, then the 13 year old wouldn’t have even been out there after getting caught in January.

This is not a hypothetical. This is what is actually going to happen.

DC laws pertaining to juveniles:

The max they can hold anyone for is until they turn 21. They also HAVE to offer them a plea deal. They’ll probably take the deal and be out in 2-3 years and records will be wiped clean.

If they weren’t so lenient with kids for serious offenses, then the 13 year old wouldn’t have even been out there after getting caught in January.

This is not a hypothetical. This is what is actually going to happen.
Was gonna mention this as well. DC laws are very un-punitive when it comes to criminal offenses by minors. There was a lot of debate on this issue a few years ago when the council passed a law to essentially decriminalize fare evasion in the metro, since most of the time it was kids jumping the turnstile. Instead of enforcing the law, the council decided it was more important to reduce the amount of confrontations between minors and police. Hindsight is 20/20, but his death may have been avoided if the 15-year old was kept in the system for what it sounds like was a similar offense a few months ago. It’s not surprising to hear that the 15-year is a repeat offender, given the city’s penal policies when it comes to minors.

They absolutely had no regard for human life when the used a taser on him and sped off as he clung on to the door.

Not defending him or saying you guys are wrong but the families GoFundMe has reached $1,051,250 :smile:wow:smile:. Nothing he contributes will help bring justice to the family. I get what you're saying, though :lol:

I agree that was totally unfair how adults Brock and Cameron got preferential treatment while these actual children will not. What irks me the most is the lack of consistency. It's hard to win when the rules aren't the same and/or keep changing.

Brock Turner was an adult, Cameron Terrell was either 17 or 18 when he decided to play Malibu’s Most Wanted. They got treated with kid gloves for some despicable acts and it’s sickening. People have every right to be outraged and pissed at that.

I’m going to play devils advocate though. You look at the Ethan Couch situation. He was 16 when it happened. A year older than the 15 year old girl here. If someone tried to say something like “he’s just a kid” “he shouldn’t have his life destroyed over this” they would’ve and should’ve been torn a new one.

He was wasted way beyond the legal drinking limit and was 16 so he shouldn’t have been drinking in the first place. But I doubt his intent was to cause harm that day. He was just trying to get home from a party or go to party. His situation was more accidental. But he had no regard for human life with his actions.

The slap on the wrist “punishment” that he got for obvious reasons (rich and white) was an embarrassment. We got no control over any of that.

But if in the immediate aftermath of his actions killing multiple people, talking points like , ‘he shouldn’t be punished for the rest of his life’ ‘he’s just a kid, he didn’t mean to do that’ ‘well his parents were rich, but they didn’t provide guidance’. I would look at all those lines in a funny manner. Hell his lawyers tried using the last line with the influenza claim and it was pathetic.

They took this man’s life, didn’t give a rat’s *** that he laid there dead, and they’ll be out in a few years max with clean records and get to live their lives as if nothing ever happened.

Absolute BS. Put yourself in adult situations, receive adult consequences.

The fact she cared more about retrieving her phone vs. not checking on the man you just ran into a wall says it all. But the ‘justice’ system will do what it does

Couple thoughts:

-First and foremost R.I.P to the victim. This innocent man was just outchea working hard, he didn't deserve

-What those two teenagers did was reckless and disgusting. They deserve to be punished.

-However, I am not gonna let the video and some reactionary sense of what justice, cloud my judgment over how juveniles should be treated by the criminal justice system. One of the least talked about, yet most destructive parts of the tough-on-crime error are how states started charging juveniles more and more as adults.

While disgusting, one incident is not gonna make me turn into some advocate for the carceral coming down even harder on juveniles.

Last edited:
Overly harsh? They murdered a man.
My state wants to cap violent juvenile sentences to 15 years in which they then get to go the parole board yearly And try to lessen their sentences. Of course there’s some backlash. I’m indifferent. Would 15 years be just right? What’s harsh?
At a certain point, one bad situation should define you for the rest of your life.

Couple thoughts:

-First and foremost R.I.P to the victim. This innocent man was just outchea working hard, he didn't deserve

-What those two teenagers did was reckless and disgusting. They deserve to be punished.

-However, I am not gonna let the video and some reactionary sense of what justice, cloud my judgment over how juveniles should be treated by the criminal justice system. One of the least talked about, yet most destructive parts of the tough-on-crime error are how states started charging juveniles more and more as adults.

While disgusting, one incident is not gonna make me turn into some advocate for the carceral coming down even harder on juveniles.

but as I stated...they’ll be out in likely 2-3 years and with no criminal record. The MOST they can possibly get is locked up until 21 and still no criminal record. The one girl was caught already in January and shouldn’t have been out in the streets right now anyway. If the justice system did what it’s supposed to, then she never would have had the opportunity to murder that man.

But yes...let’s go lenient on kids, because they’re kids. All it does is give them ZERO fear of any consequences. So what is it going to lead to? More of this. IDGAF what anyone says. By 13 you know right from wrong regardless of what your parents or surroundings have taught you. If you don’t care enough to think of the consequences beforehand, a long prison term should give you the time to think then.

Overly harsh? They murdered a man.
My state wants to cap violent juvenile sentences to 15 years in which they then get to go the parole board yearly And try to lessen their sentences. Of course there’s some backlash. I’m indifferent. Would 15 years be just right? What’s harsh?
At a certain point, one bad situation should define you for the rest of your life.
-They committed a crime that ultimately resulted in a man's death.

You are not in their heads, you don't know if they intended to kill the victim if they planned the carjacking, or if the is was a spur of the moment thing. All those details matter when it comes to charging someone, especially an adult, with committing a homicide.

Yet you are running your mouth like you know these facts.

Like Comparison Ford Comparison Ford said, y'all just being reactionary and at some point just using your imaginations to fill in the blanks.

So unless you have solid info that these girls planned and plotted to murder this man, no I don't think is one situation should define them for life, and I don't agree they should be condemned to prison for the rest of their lives.

I see a lot of people in here confused about what they want. They are confusing revenge with justice.

-I would be cool with 15.

Last edited:
but as I stated...they’ll be out in likely 2-3 years and with no criminal record. The MOST they can possibly get is locked up until 21 and still no criminal record. The one girl was caught already in January and shouldn’t have been out in the streets right now anyway. If the justice system did what it’s supposed to, then she never would have had the opportunity to murder that man.

But yes...let’s go lenient on kids, because they’re kids. All it does is give them ZERO fear of any consequences. So what is it going to lead to? More of this. IDGAF what anyone says. By 13 you know right from wrong regardless of what your parents or surroundings have taught you. If you don’t care enough to think of the consequences beforehand, a long prison term should give you the time to think then.
Quote where I ******* said this

I'll be ******* waiting

-They committed a crime that ultimately resulted in a man's death.

You are not in their heads, you don't know if they intended to kill the victim if they planned the carjacking, or if the is was a spur of the moment thing. All those details matter when it comes to charging someone, especially an adult, with committing a homicide.

Yet you are running your mouth like you know these facts.

Like Comparison Ford Comparison Ford said, y'all just being reactionary and at some point just using your imaginations to fill in the blanks.

So unless you have solid info that these girls planned and plotted to murder this man, no I don't think is one situation should define them for life, and condemn them to prison for the rest of their lives.

I see a lot of people in here confused about what they want. They are confusing revenge with justice.

-I would be cool fine with 15.

But there’s ZERO chance under dc law that they get anything even close to 15 years. The most they can get is 6 years and 8 years and the plea deal will likely cut that down.

But there’s ZERO chance under dc law that they get anything even close to 15 years. The most they can get is 6 years and 8 years and the plea deal will likely cut that down.
I understand that

The dude asked me a hypothetical, and I ******* answered it.

There’s also a thing where any death during the committing of a felony is a larger punishment for both the driver, and the passenger. It all seems to depend on the state.
Vehicular homicide and manslaughter isn’t really a crime that gets a large sentence. Even those who kill while running from police get few years. Same with DUI deaths. 6-8 years tops

Pre meditated murder 1? I don’t see that. But speeding away from a person hanging onto the door has some level of non care and malice.

I understand that

The dude asked me a hypothetical, and I ****ing answered it.

yes, but you’re being dimwitted if you think that just because they didn’t go out with a plan to kill somebody that they don’t necessarily deserve as harsh of a sentence. At the end of the day, a carjacking is a serious offense (for adults) for this very reason. It can lead to situations just like this where people can die.

How about wishing the teens a better option so they would not need to carjack, of which would have spared anyone any harm?

How about dealing with white supremacy, so that everyone could get a chance to succeed?

Nah because that would be considered, "Not holding them accountable."

You aren't allowed to think about why these girls even felt the need/want/desire to pull a stunt like that.

yes, but you’re being dimwitted if you think that just because they didn’t go out with a plan to kill somebody that they don’t necessarily deserve as harsh of a sentence. At the end of the day, a carjacking is a serious offense (for adults) for this very reason. It can lead to situations just like this where people can die.
You straw manned my argument one time and it didn't work, and you are trying a new strawman. So you can't address what I said, but somehow you are now a mind reader all of a sudden

Dude, miss me with this.

I said they committed a reckless and disgusting crime, I said I hope they are punished, and dude asked me about a certain time period and I said I was fine with that. Now where did I say they don't deserve a harsh sentence for their crime. The line I deleted and wallyhopp wallyhopp responded to said "overly harsh", with life in prison given as an example.

I am saying that I am not a mind reader, and even for an adult, to give someone a sentence as harsh as a life, the context of their crime, their intent, matters. So excuse me for not being a reactionary and treating all homicides the same, especially ones committed by juveniles.

Good grief

Last edited:
Nah because that would be considered, "Not holding them accountable."

You aren't allowed to think about why these girls even felt the need/want/desire to pull a stunt like that.
Well, if they would simply work hard, and then try to succeed? I mean, you could earn that car, right?

There’s also a thing where any death during the committing of a felony is a larger punishment for both the driver, and the passenger. It all seems to depend on the state.
Vehicular homicide and manslaughter isn’t really a crime that gets a large sentence. Even those who kill while running from police get few years. Same with DUI deaths. 6-8 years tops

Pre meditated murder 1? I don’t see that. But speeding away from a person hanging onto the door has some level of non care and malice.
My post was a reflection of how the law works, bro. First degree murder in most states includes unintended killings done while intentionally committing another serious felony which in this case is carjacking. Second degree murder in most states is basically acting with no regard for human life which could be considered speeding off while a man is hanging on to the door while trying to recover his vehicle. This would apply to the 15 year old.

As for the 13 year old, felony murder (can only be charged with this if the 15 y/o gets first degree murder) would apply which is specifically designed for folks who were a participant in the murder that led to the murder. For example, if you're the getaway driver and your mans shoots up spot and kills folks, hops in the whip and you drive off, you're getting hit with felony murder. That's the 13 year old in this case as the passenger. She'll get charged with murder even though she wasn't the driver who caused the crash and death. Plus she already has a long rap sheet according to @deuce king.

Then there's the manslaughter (voluntary and involuntary) angle which basically just means you had had no intention of killing anyone. If they go that route, they'll definitely shoot for voluntary manslaughter for the 15 y/o so they can go for felony manslaughter for the 13 y/o.

I wasn't attempting to read minds, predict the future or project my expectations of others. I was simply sharing how I believe the prosecution will interpret the law to build their case against the girls in pursuit of justice for Anwar and his family.

You straw manned my argument one time and it didn't work, and you are trying a new strawman. So you can't address what I said, but somehow you are now a mind reader all of a sudden

Dude, ****ing miss me with this.

I said they committed a reckless and disgusting crime, I said I hope they are punished, and dude asked me about a certain time period and I said I was fine with that. Now where did I say they don't deserve a harsh sentence for their crime. The line I deleted and wallyhopp wallyhopp responded to said "overly harsh", with life in prison given as an example.

I am saying that I am not a mind reader, and even for an adult, to give someone a sentence as harsh as a life, the context of their crime, their intent, matters. So excuse me for not being a reactionary and treating all homicides the same, especially ones committed by juveniles.

Good grief

maybe I’m just caught up in emotions while trying to process all this still.

being out once they turn 21 (and most likely earlier than that) is not punishment enough imo. And most people don’t seem to realize that’s what’s actually happening. They’ve already been offered the plea deal. I’m sure they’ll be advised to take it.

Is this justice? Is that punishment enough to deter other kids in dc to think twice before doing some dumb **** like that moving forward?

Is this justice? Is that punishment enough to deter other kids in dc to think twice before doing some dumb **** like that moving forward?

Sure it is.

I am sure this situation will make SOME kids in DC think twice about doing something dumb like this.

Why do we think it won't?

Back
Top Bottom