UCSD Frat has 'Ghetto-Themed' Party

Originally Posted by VARISOXFAN

^what im saying is that if i saw someone in a 3 piece suit, id laugh at them, what im saying is that only an idiot who was trying to hard would ever dress in one.

in the end, its a theme party.

get over it.

laugh.gif
the irony was too funny in that statement.

^what im saying is that if i saw someone in a 3 piece suit, id laugh at them, what im saying is that only an idiot who was trying to hard would ever dress in one.

get over it.
That i agree with it is just a party. and like i stated early its a party a few hrs out of ONE DAY. Its people who conduct and act this way and incorporate stereotypes in their everyday lives. It is called assimilation. So my thing is how can a minority get mad at a white person for dressing/acting in a certain matter that is deemed being black for a particular occasion. Yet live their entire life in a manner which is deemed as acting white.

Originally Posted by supreme math

get over it.

laugh.gif
the irony was too funny in that statement.

Lol yeah i didnt even want to embark on that... i thought i was the only one qho caught that lil slight jab that was thrown in there.

I wonder what would happened if I threw a Poindexter Paddy Partywhere everybody rolls up in their mom and dad's car with their parentscharge card and a bunch of emo/karamo attire, attributes and the whole29.... despicable that white people are allowed to still openlypractice and demonstrate active racism, in relation to an institute ofhigher learning no less, without so much as an official condemnation orwillingness to halt such a disgraceful display of the still-present andprevalent separation between whites and Blaccs....

Sounds like my kind of party, I wouldn't even need to buy those types of clothes, I already have them!

it's not even directed at a particular race, it's just "ghetto people" in general

anyways, party sounded like fun though

they love us. lol...

lmao @ DAT PURPLE DRANK!!!!!

im dying over here.

i aint gonna lie tho.. like... in 04 i went to a party that was exactly how that invitation described.

it was at the park on century and western. i forget the name of it. i mean it was super hood.
first time ive ever in my life felt the need to bring a loaded handgun to a park with children and bbqs.
_'s did start shoot too lol.

so... i mean its not like thats too far away from the truth.
some people love that life real talk

Originally Posted by kien

it's not even directed at a particular race, it's just "ghetto people" in general

anyways, party sounded like fun though
It was to mock Black History month.  Right in the first 2 sentences.

Anyways, I think I'm at the point where I'm pretty much desensitized to this sort of behavior.  They only make themselves look bad.   They could get in trouble if  they found out that university property was used in any way to promote the party.  That 1st amendment right doesn't really apply to a university setting. 

Originally Posted by ChampionEdition

they love us. lol...

lmao @ DAT PURPLE DRANK!!!!!

im dying over here.

i aint gonna lie tho.. like... in 04 i went to a party that was exactly how that invitation described.

it was at the park on century and western. i forget the name of it. i mean it was super hood.
first time ive ever in my life felt the need to bring a loaded handgun to a park with children and bbqs.
_'s did start shoot too lol.

so... i mean its not like thats too far away from the truth.
some people love that life real talk
Jesse Owens, you wouldn't catch me over there past 4 or any hour before my neighbor got two in the chest walkn to McDonald's across the street

I'm so mad that no one finds this offensive...ABOVE and beyond the attire, its the MEANING they attributed to the attire they're wearing...this is utterly unacceptable.

Originally Posted by SIRIUS LEE HANDSOME

Of course it's stupid, but f you're not the kind of people being made fun of, why get all uptight?

Anyone with a sense of self would just view these kids as morons (& with pity) rather than with disdain.
Well in the invitation letter they said they were basically paying homage to Black History Month so there equating the ghetto culture with all African Americans.

it's messed up that they were mocking black history month

but with that said, there's so many theme parties that people could take offense to, and "ghetto" themed parties happen ALL the time, i don't think it's really news worthy...

It'd be nice to just be immersed in white privilege for like a week, and not have to deal with crap like this, big deal or not.

Originally Posted by DJprestige21

Black people, here is your problem.

This little ghetto barbecue cook out was exactly what it was intended to be, GHETTO. Don't automatically assume that you are ghetto just because you are black, its self degrading and wrong for the most part. Lets look at the term "Hoodrat", a hood rat can be a variety of races, sizes, and shapes. If someone calls someone else a hoodrat it doesn't mean all women should get offended. It means you have been coined a label, not for your flaws as a race but as a person.

Now Ghetto people on the other hand should be offended.
Thanks.  Disregard the first two lines of the invite too.  Man being white is really looking good at this point, you get to mock people then tell them what their problems are.

Originally Posted by SIRIUS LEE HANDSOME

Originally Posted by Agent0024

racism still alive, they just be concealin it- Kanye

I wonder what would happened if I threw a Poindexter Paddy Party where everybody rolls up in their mom and dad's car with their parents charge card and a bunch of emo/karamo attire, attributes and the whole 29.... despicable that white people are allowed to still openly practice and demonstrate active racism, in relation to an institute of higher learning no less, without so much as an official condemnation or willingness to halt such a disgraceful display of the still-present and prevalent separation between whites and Blaccs....

Thats my opinion and I'm a 26 year old Crip, with gold teeth, and tattoos. My mom is white by the way too and my father originated from African slaves and the indigenous nations of Native Americans that resided here undisturbed until the earth cancer called the caucasoid invaded and raped, pillaged and destroyed thousands of separate cultures co-existing with each other.... so I guess since I used a couple big words I'm not a "real" Crip and I'm just e-banging right? I won't continue this rant but instances like this make me proud to be anti-American, even with a bi-racial President

tired.gif
You're a mess.

That's what happens when you look at style codes all day and you're only contact with the outside world is talking to the rep from nikefind.

Let me throw in an overused Kanye quote....
smokin.gif

Cmon...you had to laugh when they said, that purple drank...sugar, water..and food coloring.

HILARIOUS!

coolade.
The only thing they are missing is the chicken.

Im pretty sure they will be blacks showing up to this party. Playing beer pong and talking to the breezies.

Back
Top Bottom