Uncut Gems A24 |

I can see some parallels with Scarface. But Howard had no morals while Tony surprisingly had some morals. Howard was all ego. Even Tony pumped the brakes at one point.

Now,
I knew Howard was going to die pretty early on in the film. This dude gambled too much with too many people's money. But I thought he was going to get clipped by the goofy dudes with the Jewfros. Howard popped **** to them, gave them fugazi watches. I thought they would do some Carlito's Way-Benny Blanco **** and have the character you least expect do the killing.

Watched last night
Might be my favorite movie of the year.
Thought this film was amazing.
The Safdie Bros. have taken tension in a film to whole new level.
Never been more nervous in a film. Epsecially that door scene. Took me a minute to realize Flawless was there too, to get that Jesus piece from him. I was so focused on KG.

The only Oscar worthy moments to me in the film were whenever he was watching a game and how he just be hella following it, every detail. Thought Sandler was at his best there, showing someone in their addiction. Thought his oldest son was a trip too. I'm always fascinated on family dynamics like that. Music was dope, it adds to their films, enhances the tension. Good Time had a dope score too.
Besides the parts I mentioned this was more of an ensemble to me because a lot of the supporting characters fleshed out this world and were great compliments to Howards characters.

Ending is nuts, totally get it
but damn

:lol: The random next door neighbor cameo

5D3EA0DF-2DF8-4439-AD32-8DEBA83E11BD.gif

I finally got to watching Uncut Gems. The dialogue felt natural and freeflowing, but there was lots and lots of yelling.

Adam Sandler was great. He should've gotten an Academy Award nomination for Best Actor. :smh:

Kevin Garnett was just playing Kevin Garnett the entire time. :lol:

WFAN's Mike Francesa as a bookie was fun. :lol:

Julia Fox as THICK AS ****. :evil:

vlcsnap-2020-02-01-05h24m06s170.png

If I was married, I'd definitely leave my wife for her.

Overall, I thought the film was great. I got a real 1980s vibe watching it.

Anyone have info on the extended cut version....?
Saw its releasing today

just watched on netflix didnt even know this was in theaters let alone out. Thought this was a netlix film.

decent film i enjoyed it

man i thought i was tripping when i saw that *** on julia in the lingerie scene never even heard of this girl before until now.

just watched on netflix didnt even know this was in theaters let alone out. Thought this was a netlix film.

decent film i enjoyed it

man i thought i was tripping when i saw that *** on julia in the lingerie scene never even heard of this girl before until now.

wait now im confused. You got one of those " i work at netflix" netflix account? i heard those joints get everything netflix owned hella early.

wait now im confused. You got one of those " i work at netflix" netflix account? i heard those joints get everything netflix owned hella early.

huh im confused is it not out on netflix in the states? Im not in the USA

Back
Top Bottom