Update: As of 3/11/2013, Judge ruled to halt Bloomberg's banning of large sodas

Originally Posted by DubA169

Originally Posted by asianplayer

Understand the intent and hearts in the right place, but can't support this. Just too much government control and could set precedents for other things down the road. 

After thinking about this a few days, this is where I'm at.

i stand by my prev post...but im struggling with this also...

Originally Posted by Koudie From BroOklyn

why would anyone be against this ? good job bloomberg
smokin.gif
smokin.gif

Why does someone need to tell you what you can and can't do? If you're not mature enough to make your own decisions about your health, it's up to you to face the consequences and fix your behavior. Besides, what qualifies at a "sugary drink"? Most fruit juices have as much sugar as sodas do but the only difference is that they are complex sugars.

If they pass this, then what's next?
If they pass this, it means you'll have to pay more to get 2 16oz. drinks instead of supersize to a 32oz. for $.50 more.

Originally Posted by Sleaze Jar Omens

Originally Posted by Grizzly Hebert

Sorry.

I'm a grown **+ man. Bloomberg and nobody else is gonna tell me how big my soda can be.

Glad I won't see this type of crap in the south anytime soon.
ding ding. I live in VA, this is just not happening here
laugh.gif
I don't even like soda like that but if you wanna buy a Big Gulp twice a day that's on you.

next it'll be banning fast food. then +@%# will really hit the fan.

"take away our privacy and rights, fine. but I'll be damned if you ban my Baconators and 20 pieces"

That's too bad, they SHOULD have this in the South..that's where the fatest population of Americans live.

I live in the south , but have fam in the city.

The south has a weight problem for sure.

No you should not be told what to do ... But some people need to start living better..

I hope CA follows suit. I've cut down on soda dramatically. Went to the movies couple weeks ago and had to get one since I had popcorn. Medium is like a large and large is like a two liter.
sick.gif

if we're teaching natural selection in school, why are we artificially trying to control the populace? 

Originally Posted by ninjahood

smokin.gif
smokin.gif

so limiting choices and increasing prices is poppin to you?
eyes.gif
grin.gif
laugh.gif
real talk. its all dandy until they restrict something you enjoy 
eyes.gif

Between the government pulling #!@+ like this trying to control your every move and this outbreak of cannibalism the future looking like its gunna be on some real Mad Max/Escape From Ny/ I am Legend steez

Originally Posted by AZwildcats

Originally Posted by ninjahood

smokin.gif
smokin.gif
so limiting choices and increasing prices is poppin to you?
eyes.gif
grin.gif
laugh.gif
real talk. its all dandy until they restrict something you enjoy 
eyes.gif
Yeah, a lot of people in this thread say they don't even drink soda.  They might change their opinion if there are limits set on things they like.
We're adults, we don't need the city telling us we can't have an amount of this or that.  

i hope people who wanna legalize weed aren't advocating this law. everything is all good until it affects what YOU want.

I gotta agree with the mayor doe. This obesity thing is getting out of hand, and if we gotta fine people for being fat, then by all means.

Some people make fun of british for having bad teeth (just an example), and America gets made fun of by the whole world for being fat.

Originally Posted by jeenewed

I gotta agree with the mayor doe. This obesity thing is getting out of hand, and if we gotta fine people for being fat, then by all means.
Well, it's a weak attempt by him to fight obesity.  He just wants to receive credit for it.  America needs a lifestyle change, banning larger sodas will barely even make a dent.
Fight obesity by overhauling the school lunch menus, improve the gym class curriculum, have widespread fitness programs.  Have kids in school take healthy cooking classes and learn about nutrition.  People in the city are better off since they walk a ton more compared to people in the suburbs.

I don't know about restaurants, but movie theaters will combat this by raising the prices on popcorn and other snacks. If you thought it was expensive for a medium bag of popcorn before
mean.gif
sick.gif

Back
Top Bottom