Updated: NIKE 1VOTE Thread -Ueno/BMORE - Mark Smith/Philly

You see Harmcityhustler now you know the reason for my bad sense of humor
laugh.gif
and fish and chips would go down well.

Honestly though I have nothing against people voting for Ueno's, lets forget the hype discussion because at the end of the day you will be getting somegreat AF1's and that is the most important thing. My problem is that I'm a vintage AF1 head and that makes me like act like a grumpy old man sometimeswhen it comes to these new releases haha.

it would be hilarious if they make this a GR release though walk into a VIM cop for $90 bucks lol
I would love this. I'd be able to grab two pairs for myself and everyone else I'm trying to hook up out of state. Unfortunately, it seemslike Nike is determined to make these as limited as possible.

I think the reason why some of us (including myself) were disappointed by other cities' votes are because of Nike's recent inability to release simpleclean colorways with good leather. I think this thread just happens to be where our frustration with Nike ended up manifesting itself. I'll admit I beastedon the voting for the first week (gold highs) and near the end of the voting (purple highs). I just wanted to see one of the highs win. I've wanted a pairof purple highs for a very long time and have come this close to getting a pair a couple of times. Like paul and some others, I'm more of a vintage AF1head and would appreciate seeing an older AF1 released.

Harm and the other bmore people,

I definitely see what you're saying about the Uenos. They are a hyped sneaker, but I agree that it doesn't mean everyone in Bmore voted for thembecause of that. The truth is, there are probably a lot of kids (and I mean kids) in NYC that voted for the purple highs because of the whole wack"80's babies" trend. Those people deserve to by smacked in the head. I just know that isn't the reason why I voted for them. If people votedfor kicks purely because of the hype then they are lame (whether it was in NYC, Bmore or Philly).

Btw, fish and chips is the truth. Chips with salt and vinegar = crack

Where my Philly folks @??? Lets work an NY Philly trade.
PM me thanks....Also I glad my city chose a Hi. We're different
smile.gif

P.S Nike stop BSing and release more AF1 in Hi tops!! Dam who do I have to kill

Originally Posted by KampoutKid

Originally Posted by 7 Paul 7

No thanks Kamp Kid but I know you want you want Stash/ Futura HS but you ain't getting them
laugh.gif
yet again you take another loss.

I agree with you 100% Eddie now that's a first lol.

there are more and more reasons why i dont care about those shoes everyday

someone upload me a cookie

them joints is trash........a real hot sneaker don't need da crutch of limited numbers to be hot...enjoyre-sellin em.

ask I Love Af1, he lurks my myspace...I like Jordans, I only wear Jordans. The more limited the better. a REAL hot sneaker isnt hot until everyone else besidesme !#@+% them up

Originally Posted by KampoutKid

ask I Love Af1, he lurks my myspace...I like Jordans, I only wear Jordans. The more limited the better. a REAL hot sneaker isnt hot until everyone else besides me !#@+% them up

indifferent.gif
alien.gif

check this out... lemme put some of yall out of town cats on point.
i'm from baltimore & i been stopped rockin af1's back in like '92. the majority of people here don't know the internet worth of anyparticular shoe. there are very few of the shoe buying public here that are on the net for shoes. all they know for the most part is the retail price that theysee in a given store.

what i'm tryna say is, the ueno's were NOT picked b/c of their "worth." people here are not on it like we are on NT. whoever voted did somost likely cause they were the best looking kicks in their opinions.

like harmcity tried to explain, it is a little different here than a lot of places. and it IS the truth that the vast majority of the shoe buying public herein baltimore have never seen ueno's before.
also there never has and never will be hype for them here.

as far as nyc is concerned, i understand that its the nostalgic value of purps. that being said, the ONLY people that would vote for them over the stasheswould be og's that had them back in the day or wanted them. cause real talk, those things are ugly, imo. stashes are just a nice lookin af1, regardless ofhype or worth. just my $0.02

Bottom line is....the cats in B-more that voted for Uenos did so cause they actually liked the look of the shoe. No hype...just something different. A lot ofcats around here that knew what the hell an ueno was...didn't even vote for uenos, myself included. I mean, look at the shoe that came in 2nd place in theB-more vote!!! Was that shoe hyped too?

Honestly sneakermane you made a very good point about the second place shoe, I was wrong to judge the vote just because of the winner its easy to look atsomething from a far and make a quick judgement, so it was a mistake on my part for doing that.

Originally Posted by Scarborough416

Purple Hi.
smokin.gif

When?
Where?
How much?
wait till they're on clearance. make sure you and I Love Af1 dont bother dont bother the locals.

It's just a reflection of whats going on now that someone would want to choose rubbish hyped kicks over much better OG or subtle colourways.

The Purple Hi was the best result out of the lot.

my how things change in a few years. 4-5 years ago you could count on your fingers the numbers of shoes that sold out quickly in a given year, now you havelackluster packs and nike using hype to perpetuate some buzz and sales
smh.gif
It's been said before by many but i think i'm gonna just quit all together.While a few shoes remain hot, just about everything i loved about buying and talking about shoes is gone and it's truly unfortunate
smh.gif
frown.gif

i need these in my life.................................... those 92' dont look good anymore, all stretched and moppy. but that picture looks fire.

How hard will it be to get any of these for us who don't live anywhere near b-more or nyc?

Sorry if it was already said but I don't feel like reading through all these pages.

you know something, i give it up to KampoutKid...for this man to get as much hate as he does, he HAS to be doing something right...ya know?

As for the shoes, I wanted the Gold HIs to win, just because i thought that was an awesome shoe..Yea, the stash/futura shoes are dope an all, but i had a pairand thought they were blah..the gold or purple his, those stand out because its just one solid color..happy that a hitop won too..Ueno, i love the whole lookof the shoe...Another shoe that sits proudly in my collection, a simple and elegant shoe with ubber nice materials...my girl loves them too....
laugh.gif

Angel

Back
Top Bottom