US Government Headed to Shutdown

da bottom line is:

-Pelosi stalls for 3 weeks, ultimately digs her heels in for no wall funding.

--Trump declares national emergency and gets da military to build his wall

-democrats get da 9th circuit put a hold on it while its debated to da supreme court ala "muslim ban"

-supreme court grants trump his wall ala "muslim ban"

da end.

Screw the shirt, I got you the hat B its “literally” the same thing
6B73890B-023C-40AD-89DE-4E3BDDF9D947.jpeg

prefer da "make bachata great again" variant.

kevingates_matahat_cropm.jpg

for kevin gates fans.

da bottom line is:

-Pelosi stalls for 3 weeks, ultimately digs her heels in for no wall funding.

--Trump declares national emergency and gets da military to build his wall

-democrats get da 9th circuit put a hold on it while its debated to da supreme court ala "muslim ban"

-supreme court grants trump his wall ala "muslim ban"

da end.
So, he could have set this in motion already but did not. Not only that, but the evidence to support a national emergency in this case is especially weak. He'll be setting a dangerous precedent for when the Democrats take back control of the White House.

courts would wanna see he exhausted all options before going forward for it to stick, its pretty much axiomatic whats happening next.
If anything the courts are going to be interested to know how this qualifies as an "emergency". This evidence for this being a national emergency is pretty pathetic. This would be a ridiculous executive overreach.

Americans should be wondering why the Republicans did nothing about this "emergency" during Trump's first two years. They should be wondering why he didn't take the $25B when he could. They should be wondering why giving tax breaks to the rich was more important than an alleged national emergency. They should be holding Trump accountable after he said he would take responsibility for the shutdown.

Unfortunately, Americans are incredibly ignorant and I'm sure right wing propaganda will convince them that this is somehow because of Hillary Clinton and Barack Obama.

To the most hated woman in American politics :lol:
To a woman period. And I’m saying this not becuase I’m sexist but becuase millions are and can’t inagine being ran by a woman in any case and will vote against just that. Trump is a failure

If anything the courts are going to be interested to know how this qualifies as an "emergency". This evidence for this being a national emergency is pretty pathetic. This would be a ridiculous executive overreach.

there's already precedent and da executive already has this power.

(article 4 section 4)

its gonna play out just like i wrote, i can put it in spoilers incase ya wanna be held in suspense :lol:

i wear a 30k Cuban link, whats makes you think i wouldn't wear a dumb hat?

giphy.gif
another deflection?

who said anything about a chain? you are so simple minded.

you rep something you wouldn't showcase in real life.

keep living behind your SN persona

10 U.S. Code § 2808 - Construction authority in the event of a declaration of war or national emergency
prev | next
50 U.S.C. 1601 et seq.) that requires use of the armed forces, the Secretary of Defense, without regard to any other provision of law, may undertake military construction projects, and may authorize the Secretaries of the military departments to undertake military construction projects, not otherwise authorized by law that are necessary to support such use of the armed forces. Such projects may be undertaken only within the total amount of funds that have been appropriated for military construction,including funds appropriated for family housing, that have not been obligated.
military construction projects authorized by this section, the Secretary of Defense shall notify, in an electronic medium pursuant to section 480 of this title, the appropriate committees of Congress of the decision and of the estimated cost of the constructionprojects, including the cost of any real estate action pertaining to those constructionprojects.
Pub. L. 97–214, § 2(a), July 12, 1982, 96 Stat. 157; amended Pub. L. 115–91, div. B, title XXVIII, § 2801(a)(6), Dec. 12, 2017, 131 Stat. 1841.)

https://www.law.cornell.edu/uscode/text/10/2808

Most white Americans want an eternity of that
They don't want the Trump version: where the government is shut down - again, they don't get checks, and they have to rely on food banks. There's a reason why his approval rating went to the 30's and his disapproval rating shot up to close to 60% during the last 30 days.

They got a taste of that "close the gov" BS Republicans have been preaching for decades and they didn't like it.

Any sensible person can clearly see there is no national emergency at our southern border. Its amazing (not really) that the small govt folks really support this.

Back
Top Bottom