USC's Floyd to become Arizona Head Coach

Originally Posted by CadillacFLOW

Originally Posted by P MAC ONE

Pitino was the second choice but he was drawn to the rivalry with Cal

Pitino wasn't leaving Louisville regardless.
He's good friends with a lot of UA alums in the horse racing business (namely Bob Baffert) and apparently the combination of wanting tocompete with Calapari, and not look like a !+!$+ for bolting when Calapari came to the state kept him there. Don't think Pitino would never leaveLouisville. (UConn
nerd.gif
)

Originally Posted by Al3xis

Pitino wants a place that'll give his son the job when he retires
Didn't his son take the BU job? Hmmm, maybe St. John's will get a Pitino in a few years.

Maybe I'm just naive, and maybe I'll eat crow, but I'll go on record and say Pitino will retire from Louisville Period.

Now, I can understand what you said about the rumor of him not wanting to bolt right after Cal got hired would make him look bad. But UK and UofL only play 1game a year, for bragging right's. The last "major" recruit from the state of KY was Hopson and neither school even wanted him, and before that Ican't even think of the last great (not good, great) recruit from KY. Cal & Pitino, like all coaches compete for the same major recruits anyway, I justcan't see how Cal going to UK is the reason Pitino stayed.

Originally Posted by dr funk 13

Originally Posted by Dwadefan

Hopefully he can bring back Soloman Hill and Maybe Noel Johnson, but other than that I don't care for it too much as an Arizona fan living in Tucson.

Its like Zac Efron on HSM wanting to take Vanessa Hudgens to prom. He waits and thinks "Oh man i'm Zac Efron I got this" until Corbin Blue snatches her up. Then he panicks and ends up just scooping up Ashley Tisdale. While still not bad, it could have been so much better
dude you just ruined HSM for me. i haven't seen it yet
indifferent.gif
indifferent.gif
laugh.gif
laugh.gif
laugh.gif

roll.gif
roll.gif
this dude referenced HSM

Who they gonna go after? I mean if Floyd was the bes they could get who else is out there that wants the job

If Tim Floyd is the only coach interested in the job, that's a problem.

In the long run though, Floyd backing out is going to be good for the program, I think.

Uhhhhhhh, let's just say that there is a less that 0% chance that Miles Simon will be back at U of A while Lute is still around. Even once Lute has leftus, I don't think Miles will be welcomed back....'97 Championship or not.

Jumanji

exactly. I rather take a flyer on some young cat, then get some old dude who aint never won anywhere ever.

Originally Posted by Nowitness41Dirk

sick.gif
How bad is it when you can't lure Tim Floyd away from USC?

Are they being cheap and low-balling these guys or what? Am I overestimating this opening? Ain't it damn near one of the Top 10 jobs in the country?

From Rivals...
What now for Arizona?

Some other names left on the board (in no particular order) include: Scott Drew, Josh Pastner, Sean Miller, Brad Stevens, Reggie Theus and Mark Fox.

My goodness, talk about right place right time. Dude is a straight up golden-child. Possibly coaching U of A at 32? How many other coaches willhave the resume he will have at 40 if he gets this job? I'd have serious doubts about his ability to recruit at the top level, though he managed to getMatt Howard away from Indiana (not hard with all the controversy with Sampson).

Sean Miller is the best name of those canidates they listed. That would be a legitmatly good hire.

They need to just throw a blank check at my man Jay Wright even though I don't think he would ever leave Villanova since it's his dream job.

congrads on staying. build it and they will come.

innovator of the triangle offense - Tex Winter (USC '47) straight up Figueroa to Staples - there is tradition for USC hoops kinda....

Back
Top Bottom