V.2014 ITS BALLING SEASON AGAIN.....TAXES!!! Where you doing yours?

Right but how can I can claim 2 or 3 people if it's just me? If I already end up randomly owing with 0 dependents, doesn't that mean that if i claim 2 or 3 dependents that I would end up owing more money
. Even though your single you can claim up to 2, sometimes single people can get away with 3 but claim 3 you might owe just a little but claiming 2 you will even out. when you claim 2 or 3 it doesnt mean necessary mean dependants even tho there is a option to claim them..

check the form I posted

I posted the irs calculator and a pic of the w4 form. people think just because they are single they claim 0, heck your not even claiming yourself  which you can LOL which would be 1

The form said claim 1 for yourself, claim 1 if your single. That equals 2 you can claim but you will even out at end of year UNLESS you have other stuff (tax credits and deductions) then you will get a refund

For instance my cousin claim 6.

She claim herself, 1 kid, 1 for single and have only 1 job,1 for head of household, 2 because she make under 52k(note it says enter 2 for each child)

So total she claims 6, since she doesnt make much I think 17k, she will get a refund of 5k this year because of EIC

Say i know someone who make 32k a year and have no kids

Claim 0 they use to get back around $900

Now they claim 2 and get back alot less

Really if you use turbo tax you can play with your fed tax withheld just for the heck of it and find out how much you would get back if hey took less fed taxes

Like say if you claim 3 now and your paychecks/salary will be same as last year. Multiply how much tax they take out by how many checks you get in a year for total fed tax that will be withheld.  Enter in turbotax to play the scenario for 2013 if they took out what you came up with instead of what they really took out

While my friend was doing his , I told him to change his fed tax withhold in turbotax to like $500 and he can see how much he would get back if that was what they took out for the year.  Then he can adjust his w4 exemptions so that the amount they take out equals $500 a year.

Last edited:
never heard that before
he MUST have fell behind
once they 18 and u been keeping up with payments that shoulda been it
well if dude aint trippin off garnishment thats on him
but he should call and talk to who ever is handling his case

I know it's off topic but I looked it up and 10 States allows Child Support for Post Secondary Education.

http://www.dadsamerica.org/cs18.htm

Finally, 10 States allow for "post-secondary" education child support. They are:

California
Connecticut
Illinois
Mississippi
Missouri
New Jersey
South Carolina
Tennessee
Washington
Wyoming

Learned something new... this is why I don't even want kids. Child Support till they are 22 years old? CRAZY! :smh:

never heard that before
he MUST have fell behind
once they 18 and u been keeping up with payments that shoulda been it
well if dude aint trippin off garnishment thats on him
but he should call and talk to who ever is handling his case

I know it's off topic but I looked it up and 10 States allows Child Support for Post Secondary Education.

http://www.dadsamerica.org/cs18.htm

Finally, 10 States allow for "post-secondary" education child support. They are:

California
Connecticut
Illinois
Mississippi
Missouri
New Jersey
South Carolina
Tennessee
Washington
Wyoming

Learned something new... this is why I don't even want kids. Child Support till they are 22 years old? CRAZY! :smh:
:wow: damn
well i guess its good his kid going to school right?...........right?

Learned something new... this is why I don't even want kids. Child Support till they are 22 years old? CRAZY!
mean.gif
lol and thats the minimum, most kids are graduating in 5 years some longer smh

just filed my taxes getting about $67 back.

I claim 2....i want my pay checks as big as possible...rather owe then get back...free loan for the gov't...no thanks
 about how much did you make this year and how much fed tax they took out if you dont mind me asking. This will help alot of people

That 1K of taxes withheld isn't all for Federal withholding. 7.65% of that 1K goes to Social Security/Medicare so you don't get refunded for that. Than you also have local and/or State taxes too in that 1K. But if you're single and claim 0, you should get a good refund.
So if you stop, doesn't that mean you will be behind and will owe more further down the line. I have an employee that has a garnishment order for child support and his kid is 19 years old. That court order doesn't even have an end date either.. :rolleyes
That 1K of taxes withheld isn't all for Federal withholding. 7.65% of that 1K goes to Social Security/Medicare so you don't get refunded for that. Than you also have local and/or State taxes too in that 1K. But if you're single and claim 0, you should get a good refund.
So if you stop, doesn't that mean you will be behind and will owe more further down the line. I have an employee that has a garnishment order for child support and his kid is 19 years old. That court order doesn't even have an end date either.. :rolleyes

Yep I just got an arrearage in the mail so they supposed to start taking it out my checks. I dnt have a problem paying, I definitely wouldn't put my freedom at risk, failure to pay child support is a felony here..smh

First off, **** both of y'all. I take care of my seed. I got a BM that dnt wanna see me prosper if we not together so she do whatever to make my life hard. She wanted me to pay her 500 a month, I agreed to 4, and she said no.I told her to suck my **** and she put me on child support, where I was ordered to pay 190 a month. I been on for a few months and paid it about twice until she start talking **** so I stopped, you not using it on my kid anyway I buy all her nice clothes, on my insurance, live with me 3 days out the week. **** that, she need to be paying me.

I didn't tell you not to wear a condom

i owe some money from an unemployment overpayment. are they going to take what i owe out of my return?
call that number i posted above well on the first page, its automated and will tell you if anybody is taking your refund. I owe the state unemployment. They are taking about $450 or so

If you ever notice hr block and others always hope on the phone while they do your taxes, yea they are calling that number to see if anyone is taking your tax money being nosey for most part

Last edited:
Right but how can I can claim 2 or 3 people if it's just me? If I already end up randomly owing with 0 dependents, doesn't that mean that if i claim 2 or 3 dependents that I would end up owing more money

. Even though your single you can claim up to 2, sometimes single people can get away with 3 but claim 3 you might owe just a little but claiming 2 you will even out. when you claim 2 or 3 it doesnt mean necessary mean dependants even tho there is a option to claim them..

check the form I posted

I posted the irs calculator and a pic of the w4 form. people think just because they are single they claim 0, heck your not even claiming yourself  which you can LOL which would be 1

The form said claim 1 for yourself, claim 1 if your single. That equals 2 you can claim but you will even out at end of year UNLESS you have other stuff (tax credits and deductions) then you will get a refund

For instance my cousin claim 6.
She claim herself, 1 kid, 1 for single and have only 1 job,1 for head of household, 2 because she make under 52k(note it says enter 2 for each child)

So total she claims 6, since she doesnt make much I think 17k, she will get a refund of 5k this year because of EIC

Say i know someone who make 32k a year and have no kids
Claim 0 they use to get back around $900
Now they claim 2 and get back alot less

Really if you use turbo tax you can play with your fed tax withheld just for the heck of it and find out how much you would get back if hey took less fed taxes
Like say if you claim 3 now and your paychecks/salary will be same as last year. Multiply how much tax they take out by how many checks you get in a year for total fed tax that will be withheld.  Enter in turbotax to play the scenario for 2013 if they took out what you came up with instead of what they really took out

While my friend was doing his , I told him to change his fed tax withhold in turbotax to like $500 and he can see how much he would get back if that was what they took out for the year.  Then he can adjust his w4 exemptions so that the amount they take out equals $500 a year.

View media item 770078

You're my hero. Now if I claim 2 or 3, that means that less taxes are taking out of my weekly checks correct?

Someone school me on deductions and exemptions.

25 y/o
single male
student
No kids
Student loans

:nerd:

Fed takes out upward of $80/check. State upwards of $45/check. :smh:

Last edited:
govt pulls 1,000 a month out of my 3400 a month and i claim 0. Hoping i get a nice return
There is no way they are taking 1k a month bro for fed taxes. probably like. They probably take like $400 a month for federal taxes but in any case if your claiming 0 have no kids or anything , you only getting like  $1400 back , probably a little less

First off, **** both of y'all. I take care of my seed. I got a BM that dnt wanna see me prosper if we not together so she do whatever to make my life hard. She wanted me to pay her 500 a month, I agreed to 4, and she said no.I told her to suck my **** and she put me on child support, where I was ordered to pay 190 a month. I been on for a few months and paid it about twice until she start talking **** so I stopped, you not using it on my kid anyway I buy all her nice clothes, on my insurance, live with me 3 days out the week. **** that, she need to be paying me.
If he/she stay with you 3 days out of the week, child support can credit you for those days by prorating. They did that to me before. so for you it would be about $6.50 per day about $80 credit a month

Last edited:
i don't know how this keeps happening but i tried to do my taxes using turbotax and apparently i owe the feds 785 dollars. I really just don't understand how this keeps happening

In the long run your only hurting yourself., Now you baby mom bout to ball with your tax money 4 real probably $3k  huh

Last edited:
i don't know how this keeps happening but i tried to do my taxes using turbotax and apparently i owe the feds 785 dollars. I really just don't understand how this keeps happening
How much did you gross this year and how much fed tax did they take out and what did you claim 0? and we can figure it out

Last edited:
Damn went to the mail box and still haven't gotten my last W2
Am I the only one still waiting :smh:

I got my W2 last week.. I usually file my taxes myself..but last year.. I didn't get any tax refund.. Uncle Sam took all of my funds..

:lol: i barely broke 50k this year... took way too much time off... blew through 140 hours of vacation and 92 of sick pay... and i only work 15 days a month

Last edited:
Awww, it must be late January! Welcome to tax season everybody!
I would encourage you all to do your best to learn to understand your tax situations. It is an ugly myth that individuals NEED help figuring out or understanding their taxes. It's YOUR money, and when you figure out how all of these rules and codes and processes affect you it allows you to make more intelligent informed decisions.

Shouts to Superb and Mario for doing their best to help everybody out. I would like to caution EVERYBODY from seeing advice or general information on an internet forum and taking it as the honest gospel truth about what is going on with their own specific situation. in the following pages, you will see a lot of assumptions and guesses, and sweeping generalizations. do not be misled! if you have a question about your own situation, the best people to speak with are paid professionals, your own human resource reps, customer service support for the products you're using, and ultimately representatives of the tax authority that you want to ask about. that being said, if you phrase your question right, you will be able to find your OWN answers online. taxes are not a secret, but they are a language that most people don't speak fluently.

so let's try and get this bit of language cleared up right away...

RETURN: this is the form/paper/electronic filing that you fill out. (the thing you file)
REFUND: this is the overpaid credit you have available to receive (the money you get)

now, let's try and help an NT'er out.

Sir, may i ask, do you work for multiple employers?

Back
Top Bottom