video games that would scare the ____ out of you

just finished Dead Space two days ago and immediately started round 2.
after playing into the second chapter the damn game has already made me jump in my seat 3 times. i didn't remember those moments.
but after midway through the 2nd chapter all the "scary" parts are over. the monsters are ugly but there aren't anymore moments that make you jump.

i played all the Resident Evils and the only one that freaked me out was 1.

and the best way to describe Dead Space is, Resident Evil: In Space.

can't wait for Dead Space 2.

by the way, Silent Hill sucked. it wasn't scary, just creepy. especially in the beginning when you only have a 2 x 4 and its all foggy. and if i remember correctly, you can't run. never played part 2.

Saw-video-game-cover.jpg

Ya gonna call me a lil girl but for anyone who played this game, ya can't tell me you dont jumped when the guy accidently trips the wire and your head blows up, always have me shooked.
roll.gif

Saw-video-game-cover.jpg

Ya gonna call me a lil girl but for anyone who played this game, ya can't tell me you dont jumped when the guy accidently trips the wire and your head blows up, always have me shooked.
roll.gif

resident evil 1 remake. this game turned up with the lights off took me well over 10 hrs to beat.
...and im pretty sure the game can be beaten in under 3 hrs
30t6p3b.gif
the part where u explore the mansion and u walk in a room and u see a body hangin from a noose from the ceiling, leave then come back in only to find its not swinging had me shook
sick.gif

jillre1inre3costume.jpg

re4. more bullets and more action made it less scary but it def had its parts. exploring a prison/labs when you have these things slow walkin towards you is pretty intense.
...and they take like 5+ shots to put down.

re4_regenerator.jpg

resident evil 1 remake. this game turned up with the lights off took me well over 10 hrs to beat.
...and im pretty sure the game can be beaten in under 3 hrs
30t6p3b.gif
the part where u explore the mansion and u walk in a room and u see a body hangin from a noose from the ceiling, leave then come back in only to find its not swinging had me shook
sick.gif

jillre1inre3costume.jpg

re4. more bullets and more action made it less scary but it def had its parts. exploring a prison/labs when you have these things slow walkin towards you is pretty intense.
...and they take like 5+ shots to put down.

re4_regenerator.jpg

The first Clock Tower was pretty scary, but I recently beat Alan Wake and i couldn't play that game past 6pm

The first Clock Tower was pretty scary, but I recently beat Alan Wake and i couldn't play that game past 6pm

Yo idgaf what all say but condemned for the 360 a few years back had me shook on some parts lol

Yo idgaf what all say but condemned for the 360 a few years back had me shook on some parts lol

Growing up I loved horror films so I naturally gravitate to horror games.

I'm working on a platinum trophy for Dead Space. I cant wait for part 2.
Silent Hill 2 was scary too.
MGS is my favorite game of all time and Psycho Mantis scared the @!% outta me the first time I played.

Growing up I loved horror films so I naturally gravitate to horror games.

I'm working on a platinum trophy for Dead Space. I cant wait for part 2.
Silent Hill 2 was scary too.
MGS is my favorite game of all time and Psycho Mantis scared the @!% outta me the first time I played.

*Silent Hill (on regular XBox)
(Played it in the dark...did NOT get far)
*Manhunt (PS2) (I got pretty far in this one,but I couldn't take it anymore)
*Shadow Of The Colossus (PS2) (I know this one is a little strange to have on the list,but it was really the uncertainty of what kind of creature I was coming up against that would have me on edge (plus the way certain creatures attacked you and the overall atmosphere of the level) (Those long *%@ journeys didn't help either)

*Silent Hill (on regular XBox)
(Played it in the dark...did NOT get far)
*Manhunt (PS2) (I got pretty far in this one,but I couldn't take it anymore)
*Shadow Of The Colossus (PS2) (I know this one is a little strange to have on the list,but it was really the uncertainty of what kind of creature I was coming up against that would have me on edge (plus the way certain creatures attacked you and the overall atmosphere of the level) (Those long *%@ journeys didn't help either)

RE-4 wasn't that scary. Only part that made me jump was walking through the labs and the zombie pops out the %!@*!#% freezer or w.e it was. All you saw was a big explosion on your screen and then a flaming zombie coming at you. First play through I almost cried at that part.

RE-2 was prob the scariest. First encounter w. the licker had me
frown.gif

F.E.A.R and Doom3 get an honorable mention too for the scary environments.

RE-4 wasn't that scary. Only part that made me jump was walking through the labs and the zombie pops out the %!@*!#% freezer or w.e it was. All you saw was a big explosion on your screen and then a flaming zombie coming at you. First play through I almost cried at that part.

RE-2 was prob the scariest. First encounter w. the licker had me
frown.gif

F.E.A.R and Doom3 get an honorable mention too for the scary environments.

silent hill 1 and 2

resident evil 1 and 2

red sire blood curse (ps3 exclusive) its like silent only scarier

silent hill 1 and 2

resident evil 1 and 2

red sire blood curse (ps3 exclusive) its like silent only scarier

Back
Top Bottom