• U.S. Cellular

Votes: 0 0.0%
  • Straight Talk

• Other

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .
I read somewhere that T-Mobile will be offering the nexus 4 on contract for 200$
2 yr contract for $150 dollar discount. Not to mention the ETF will likely be more than $150. 
roll.gif

I read somewhere that T-Mobile will be offering the nexus 4 on contract for 200$

I don't want to deal with tmo though like I stated before. They're trying to push me their data plan claiming that I won't get 4G speeds if I don't change. And there probably won't be a difference between the two that the insurance company can differentiate it now that tmo will carry it. Only thing I'll be missing is wifi calling since my reception is horrible in my house and I'm right next to a window.

I don't want to deal with tmo though like I stated before. They're trying to push me their data plan claiming that I won't get 4G speeds if I don't change. And there probably won't be a difference between the two that the insurance company can differentiate it now that tmo will carry it. Only thing I'll be missing is wifi calling since my reception is horrible in my house and I'm right next to a window.

just cop da phone with no contract and get a classic unlimited plan which has no caps, unlimited call,text, web

4G network.”

For customers seeking an unlimited experience on their smartphones, T-Mobile offers several ways for new and existing customers to take advantage of its Unlimited Nationwide 4G Data plan. New customers can purchase any smartphone in T-Mobile’s robust lineup of innovative devices or bring their own compatible smartphone and have access to a worry-free unlimited data experience on T-Mobile’s fast nationwide 4G network. Current T-Mobile customers on Classic or Value plans can simply upgrade their existing service by adding an Unlimited Nationwide 4G Data plan.

The Unlimited Nationwide 4G Data plan will cost $20 per month when added to a Value voice and text plan or $30 per month when added to a Classic voice and text plan. For example, a single line Value plan with unlimited talk and text combined with unlimited nationwide 4G data will cost $69.99 or a single line Classic plan with unlimited talk, unlimited text and unlimited nationwide 4G data will cost $89.99.

Available starting Sept. 5, T-Mobile’s Unlimited Nationwide 4G Data plan will provide smartphone customers with uncompromised, dependable access to data on the blazing-fast speeds of T-Mobile’s nationwide 4G network. The Unlimited Nationwide 4G Data plan will be available at T-Mobile retail stores, on http://www.T-Mobile.com

Just read the fine print on that T-mobile deal. It requires a 2 yr contract. Defeats the purpose to me.

ATT 3g speeds were complete basura when i had them so if that's quicker i can't even imagine 3g on cdma networks.

depends on the city your in. ATT 3g is horrid when your in over populated cities like NYC because the voice and data goes over the same channel, so people being on the phone and using data can bog down the network, while CDMA yea its slower and yea you cant use voice and data at same time, but you dont have to worry about heavy pop cities destroying your data speads. Heck try to use an ATT phone at a sporting event, its unusable literally.

LTE can handle the load much better and right now ATT doesnt have many people on their LTE network compared to a VZW so in alot of cities you can get 40mb down but when the network is full you will be avg 10-15 mb down

Yea, out in Long Island, 3G has been great for me. I'm still using my Galaxy S and I'm very content with it. Flashing ICS/JB helps with the battery life

LTE is the current standard, Nexus 4 took a step backward in this regard.
Are NFC and wireless charging the standard?
How many places can you use NFC?
How many phones have wireless charging?
Oh.

Last time I checked wasn't 3g the International standard?

Oh.

-Drew

I think Verizon is starting to slow down Internet speeds once you hit a certain level in a billing cycle. I have a grandfathered unlimited data plan and I'm touching roughly 10gb per month. The past week or so my data reliability has been atrocious. Probably their way of forcing me to switch to the "share everything" plan.

I'd rather have 4G than NFC or wireless charging.
Nexus dropped the ball on this one.

I don't know man. LTE speeds are cool and all but everyone I know has been complaining of LTE sucking their iphone5 batteries bone dry and quick.

If I didn't work for a carrier ain't no way I would be a on a contract.

If you travel a lot or talk a lot then I would go with a carrier like Verizon.

If not straight prepaid or T-Mobile for most young people.

Personally if I ever leave the company I'm never signing a contract again.

I think Verizon is starting to slow down Internet speeds once you hit a certain level in a billing cycle. I have a grandfathered unlimited data plan and I'm touching roughly 10gb per month. The past week or so my data reliability has been atrocious. Probably their way of forcing me to switch to the "share everything" plan.

Naw its been like that for everyone. They are doing network optimizations.

Verizon will only throttle you if you are on a tower that is too full and as soon as traffic slows down your good.

Just check how much faster the network is at say 3 in the morning.

I've been barely getting 1 gb of data lately. But I don't really use my phone much these days.
Thinking about grabbing the Note 2 off contract just to keep my unlimited data. You guys think 700 is worth it?

I've been barely getting 1 gb of data lately. But I don't really use my phone much these days.
Thinking about grabbing the Note 2 off contract just to keep my unlimited data. You guys think 700 is worth it?

personally id never pay over 500 for a phone
but hey your money you said yourself you dont use your phone much :tongue:

what phone do you have right now?

Last edited:

Reason why I don't use it much is because there isn't a whole lot I can do with it anymore. It's been really buggy and I don't feel like flashing any more roms or going back stock.
But I have a Droid Incredible.

I feel like with 4G LTE, I'd fly through the 2GB cap

I don't know man. LTE speeds are cool and all but everyone I know has been complaining of LTE sucking their iphone5 batteries bone dry and quick.

its not lte, its that they can't put their phone down

lte increases battery life, slower internet uses more battery because the radios, the faster the page loads is better

i noticed this from switching from lte verizon to tmobile 3g/edge

Reason why I don't use it much is because there isn't a whole lot I can do with it anymore. It's been really buggy and I don't feel like flashing any more roms or going back stock.
But I have a Droid Incredible.

I feel like with 4G LTE, I'd fly through the 2GB cap

unlocked s3's are 550 since you want a note 2 just sayin

its not lte, its that they can't put their phone down
lte increases battery life, slower internet uses more battery because the radios, the faster the page loads is better
i noticed this from switching from lte verizon to tmobile 3g/edge

I think another reason is if you have lte on and are in a area with not much lte coverage the phone is always hunting for a signal. Since it's always hunting its constantly searching for an lte signal so the battery gets burned faster.

Way too much for me, note 2 looks sick but i'm not tying to drop $700 on a phone.

Y'all almost had me wanting to switch to T-Mobile.... Then I remembered I lived in the DC area and their service here is equivalent to 2 cans and a string.

Guess I'm stuck with Sprint for now.

look on craigslist for one.

i got my sprint note 2 saturday for 400

where are u located?

I'd rather have 4G than NFC or wireless charging.
Nexus dropped the ball on this one.

I have an Android device.

I have only used VZW, and their 3G speeds are basura, so for me LTE is a must (if I stay on VZW).

I think I'm about to take over a coworker's Verizon account she wants to switch to AT&T and she has unlimited data. Verizon already assured me that I can keep the unlimited data as long as I don't upgrade for the subsidized price. I typically buy unlocked phones and Verizon's LTE phones allow you to swap without doing that stupid ESN swap online. It's a win-win for me if I can find a Verizon iPhone 5 somewhere.

I think I'm about to take over a coworker's Verizon account she wants to switch to AT&T and she has unlimited data. Verizon already assured me that I can keep the unlimited data as long as I don't upgrade for the subsidized price. I typically buy unlocked phones and Verizon's LTE phones allow you to swap without doing that stupid ESN swap online. It's a win-win for me if I can find a Verizon iPhone 5 somewhere.

Verizon iphones require a microsim, so if you do get one you are going to acquire a sim.

Is the version they are selling in the Play Store the same model they will be selling around the world? My cousin is thinking about getting it, but is going to Europe and Australia among other countries soon. Will he be able to use HSPA+ in all those areas?

Y'all almost had me wanting to switch to T-Mobile.... Then I remembered I lived in the DC area and their service here is equivalent to 2 cans and a string.
Guess I'm stuck with Sprint for now.

I'm back and forth between NYC and Montgomery County, T-Mobile works just fine in both places

Back
Top Bottom