• U.S. Cellular

Votes: 0 0.0%
  • Straight Talk

• Other

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .
do yourself a favor and get a second battery + a wall charger. you never have to have your phone tethered to the wall again and you'll never have to wait for a full charge again.

I have a second charger and battery... would still have to have my phone tethered to the wall charger to charge it tho lol

nah man. you want something like this:

$T2eC16R,!)QE9s3HE23fBQo+7dPhOQ~~60_12.JPG

http://www.ebay.com/itm/AC-Home-Wal...740439?pt=PDA_Accessories&hash=item1e6f43e917

Google really effed up this launch. Was reading on another forum some guy had two orders go through and Google won't allow him to return or cancel the order for the second one :stoneface: A lot of people weren't able to get one and on top of that some people will be getting multiples yet won't even be allowed to return it? Makes absolutely no sense.

Google really effed up this launch. Was reading on another forum some guy had two orders go through and Google won't allow him to return or cancel the order for the second one :stoneface: A lot of people weren't able to get one and on top of that some people will be getting multiples yet won't even be allowed to return it? Makes absolutely no sense.

Won't they be able to easily resell the units they don't want to keep?

Google Appears to Have Oversold the Nexus 4 – Surprises Customers With Status Change Backorder Emails

As you all know, the LG Nexus 4 sold out in 25 minutes on launch day through the Google Play store. With Google’s servers unable to keep up with the flood of traffic, many of you figured out that if you refreshed the Play store Nexus 4 page over and over again, that it would eventually let you order one. You thought you had struck gold. The system had been circumvented! Not so fast.

According to our inbox and Twitter feed, many of you are receiving emails from Google, stating that your order has been placed on back-order due to an “overwhelming demand” and that it is expected to ship within three weeks.

nexus-4-backorder-650x369.jpeg

Not looking good Backorder for 3 Weeks is nuts. Google did not handle this release properly.

I seen a nexus 4 16gb selling from England for 1,200+ and thats just for ONE!!! :x :x :x

I'm waiting till this all fizzile out, I'm in no rush to buy a new phone.

welp. theres goes that. I'm FN PISSED. Just got my 3 week letter. I'm literally sick to my stomach.

I just wrote this to a google team member I was talking to earlier. I'm sure It won't do anything but I had to have it on written record on their servers.

Well Lloyd I just received my back order email. I must say I'm literally sick to my stomach. I'm not blaming you personally, but this whole launch from Google was an utter disgrace. I've been saving my money for MONTHS for this phone. Waited for hours, had my order go through only for it to get back ordered.

Who was in charge of figuring this out? The planning was atrocious. Why not do a preorder so you KNOW how many people want it on launch?

What kind of brilliant idea was it to have a "free for all" on the website?

Way to piss off your loyal customers. I do nothing but write positive things about google on message boards and websites about Google ALL THE TIME and this is how I get repaid?

But I'm sure this will fall on deaf ears because Google probably doesn't care about me, they just want my money like everyone else.

WAY TO GO!

Nexus 4 should be here in a few hours.  
pimp.gif

Ordered yesterday morning from T-Mobile, so I'm surprised it only took 1 day to get here w/ the standard $6.99 shipping option.  Color me impressed.  

And yeah, Google screwed this launch up big time.  I know most heads in here loathe all things Apple, but I'll be damned if they don't have in demand product launches down to a science.  Google could learn a thing or two from them in that regard.  

Don't understand why they didn't do pre-orders to assess the demand. Or let people know if supply was low.

It's not that hard to launch a product when its only launching in ONE online store. Somebody should've thought this through better.

I got the backorder email too. I don't think it'll take exactly 3 weeks, I feel we'll get it sooner than that. Keyword is "within" 3 weeks. If its after 3 weeks then yea thats a serious issue. I have no plans to cancel my order yet.

Nexus 4 should be here in a few hours.  :pimp:

Ordered yesterday morning from T-Mobile, so I'm surprised it only took 1 day to get here w/ the standard $6.99 shipping option.  Color me impressed.  

And yeah, Google screwed this launch up big time.  I know most heads in here loathe all things Apple, but I'll be damned if they don't have in demand product launches down to a science.  Google could learn a thing or two from them in that regard.  

Get that camera ready, cuz we want pics!!! :lol:

Just got my OTA update to 4.2 on my galaxy nexus. So far I'm enjoying the changes. The clock menu and lock screen are a lot cleaner and Facebook seems to be less laggy. Haven't used the photo sphere yet but I will soon. This is why I enjoy having a nexus :pimp:

BTW the keyboard is so smooth now. Its like swype but cleaner.

I wish that DNA came in a GSM variant. I'm not trying to sign a contact with Verizon

I played with the Nexus 4 in a Tmobile store the day before they sold it at TMo. It was very sleek, beautiful, and felt great in my hands. Overall very responsive and very nice camera as well(I think better than the S3 and Note 2). I do like vanilla android. That being said (and take this with a grain of salt), it's nothing truly innovative or special. You may think I'm one of those people who expects my phone to hover above a desk, etc. (LOL) but I'm just stating my opinion.

I may very well end up getting the Note 2 this weekend with the TMo Black Friday sale. It just kills me that the updates take so long with non vanilla android phones. SMH. I hope you guys get your N4s soon. I hate how Google handled this whole ordeal.....almost unbelievable.

Google gave no damns about that release. I did get the is update to my tablet this morning. I like the new look of the lock screen.

I went to Software Update on my GS3, and it started downloading a huge update, I think it was JellyBean. But then I cancelled it because I wasn't on Wi-Fi. When I finally got back to my dorm and tried it on Wi-Fi, it's telling me that my phone is up to date :stoneface:

Just got my nexus off the tmo store last one too feels good man seen an lg rep there too messing with the phone

I went to Software Update on my GS3, and it started downloading a huge update, I think it was JellyBean. But then I cancelled it because I wasn't on Wi-Fi. When I finally got back to my dorm and tried it on Wi-Fi, it's telling me that my phone is up to date :stoneface:

Once you get a stable Wi-Fi connection or good 3g/4g connection do this.

Go to settings > Application Manager > Slide over to the "All" tab > Scroll down to "Google Services Framework"> Press "Clear data" and then "force stop" (it won't mess up your phone)

Go back to settings and then go back to software update. It should say something like "last updated 1/1/1969" (that means your phone is ready to download jellybean again) once you see that press "check now".

This method might not work the first time, but keep trying it. Took me three times last night and for some reason I had to press the "check now" button like 5 times. But eventually it downloaded though.

not even trying to wait on that backorder :rolleyes

the Tmo version has no wifi calling, right? can that be enabled if I get it unlocked later or will I just have to get it through Google to have that feature? that's the only difference besides price? I don't want all that ******** bloatware.

not even trying to wait on that backorder :rolleyes

the Tmo version has no wifi calling, right? can that be enabled if I get it unlocked later or will I just have to get it through Google to have that feature? that's the only difference besides price? I don't want all that ******** bloatware.

I thought neither version had the feature...

Back
Top Bottom