• U.S. Cellular

Votes: 0 0.0%
  • Straight Talk

• Other

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .
Once you get a stable Wi-Fi connection or good 3g/4g connection do this.
Go to settings > Application Manager > Slide over to the "All" tab > Scroll down to "Google Services Framework"> Press "Clear data" and then "force stop" (it won't mess up your phone)
Go back to settings and then go back to software update. It should say something like "last updated 1/1/1969" (that means your phone is ready to download jellybean again) once you see that press "check now".
This method might not work the first time, but keep trying it. Took me three times last night and for some reason I had to press the "check now" button like 5 times. But eventually it downloaded though.

Tried it for like 5 minutes, no cigar. Thanks though, i'll try again tomorrow

I got off the phone with google and my phones ship tomorrow. I was scared that my phone was on backorder because of all the emails. If you HAVE NOT GOTTEN that email by now YOUR FINE.

no backorder e-mail here.

i can't believe the ****storm google's CSRs are having to endure because people are so pissed about a phone. calm the **** down. it's only 3 weeks. you'll live.

Will have my 16GB tomorrow :pimp: :pimp:

whoa. i haven't gotten tracking info yet. still says shipping estimate Nov 15. i'm in CA too, so hopefully i get mine.

Last edited:
i can't believe the ****storm google's CSRs are having to endure because people are so pissed about a phone. calm the **** down. it's only 3 weeks. you'll live.
whoa. i haven't gotten tracking info yet. still says shipping estimate Nov 15. i'm in CA too, so hopefully i get mine.
Yea but the thing is

There were TONS of people like me who are getting multiple phones and cant cancel the order, People still unsure about getting one or on back order and the FACT THEY TOOK $XXXX .XX OF DOLLARS OUT OF A ACCOUNT WITHOUT A FOR SURE conformation.

3 weeks is alot. You can just tell them that you want to cancel and buy off of ebay or atleast not have a -$300 or -$350 plus tax&shipping missing from the bank accounts.

Yea but the thing is

There were TONS of people like me who are getting multiple phones and cant cancel the order, People still unsure about getting one or on back order and the FACT THEY TOOK $XXXX .XX OF DOLLARS OUT OF A ACCOUNT WITHOUT A FOR SURE conformation.

3 weeks is alot. You can just tell them that you want to cancel and buy off of ebay or atleast not have a -$300 or -$350 plus tax&shipping missing from the bank accounts.

they don't charge your account until they ship it out. what you might have seen was a pre-authorization charge.

3 weeks is not a lot. they're already selling the phone at cost and now they're offering those who got the backorder email free shipping. google can't win here :smh:

Last edited:
they don't charge your account until they ship it out. what you might have seen was a pre-authorization charge.
3 weeks is not a lot. they're already selling the phone at cost and now they're offering those who got the backorder email free shipping. google can't win here :smh:
It still the fact that I have $335 missing from my account with no Shipping track. Plus anothe $321 for a phone order they wont me cancel even though it has not left the warehouse.

I love Google. I really love their products. I have a Nexus 7, waiting on m nexus 4, Looking to get a chromebook and I'm signed up to all their programs. Even with all of that I they dropped the ball abit with this. I expect this crap out of Nike. Though its the First time they had it like this so its fine. Just NEXT TIME when the Nexus 4.1, 5 or what ever its called I expect better.

Last edited:
Popular Science picks Google Now as the Innovation of the Year

Since its launch alongside Android 4.1 Jelly Bean back at Google IO in the summer, Google Now has become an intriguing, and in some cases integral part of every day life. Android nerds aren't the only ones to take a shine to the service either it seems, with Popular Science naming it as the Innovation of the Year.

Make no mistake, this is an impressive accolade to receive. Google Now finds itself among such distinguished company as the digital camera, the Large Hadron Collider and follows on as the second Google service to receive the honor after Google Maps.

In naming Google Now as the winner, Popular Science editor-in-chief, Jacob Ward, even took a slight swipe at Apple's Siri in the process:

Voice interfaces like Siri seem outdated by comparison. With Google Now, you don’t pull the phone out when an idea occurs to you. You pull it out when an idea occurs to it.

Google Now is still in the early days, and as promised at Google IO during the unveiling, we're expecting to see much more from it as time goes on.

http://www.androidcentral.com/popular-science-picks-google-now-innovation-year

Google now is :pimp:

Got my Nexus 4 in a few hours ago but haven't had much time to mess around with it.  I gotta say though that I already love it from the little time I have used it.  I'm coming from the Galaxy Nexus, so the leap isn't a huge one.  Anyways, here are a few things I've noticed......

-Compared to the GNex, the colors most definitely aren't as vibrant.  It looks good, but there is a noticeable washed out feel to the colors.  Not a dealbreaker to me.  Overall though, the clarity on the screen is beast.  Definitely on par w/ Apple's Retina, IMO.  

-The screen is a joy to type on.  I'm not sure if anything is different from the GNex, but I swear it feels like I'm typing on a big iPhone when it comes to accuracy.  The GNex gave me FITS with accuracy even though the screen size is virtually the same.  There was a point where I even contemplated getting a different phone b/c I had such trouble typing on it.  I won't have that problem with the Nexus 4.   

-The build quality is lovely.  I love the grippy edges on it because if it weren't for those, this thing would be tough to hold on to.  The phone is lighter than I thought it would be too.  It looks like a heavy phone, but you pick it up and you're surprised at how portable it feels because of the weight.  

-The speaker is louder than the GNex, thankfully.  The only problem is that the phone lays flat, so unless you prop it up somehow, you're right back to GNex sound quality.  

-From a few test photos I took, the camera is clearly better than the GNex, as expected.  That's a big plus for me, since taking random pics of my 18-month old is mainly what I use my phone's camera for.  Comparing it to the latest iPhone (which seems to be the standard in the handset world), I wouldn't say the N4 is quite on par with it.  But it definitely is no slouch and should more than suffice for most people.  

-The speed is lovely.  Apps seem to open up quicker than the GNex.  I'm sure it isn't THAT much faster, but I can see a difference.  Haven't had a chance to go through the paces w/ it yet though, so time will tell how the processor fares with a ton of stuff running at once.  

All in all, this is a solid purchase.  Cosmetically, this phone wows me, but that isn't saying much considering my previous plastic phone.  As cool as I thought the GNex was, it really is kind of ugly compared to the N4.  But other than looks, nothing else makes me say "damn".  That said, I would no doubt tell anyone on the fence to purchase this device....it just feels like the next natural step in the Nexus line's progression.  Can't wait until the N5! 
laugh.gif

If anyone has any questions, feel free.....

Popular Science picks Google Now as the Innovation of the Year

Since its launch alongside Android 4.1 Jelly Bean back at Google IO in the summer, Google Now has become an intriguing, and in some cases integral part of every day life. Android nerds aren't the only ones to take a shine to the service either it seems, with Popular Science naming it as the Innovation of the Year.

Make no mistake, this is an impressive accolade to receive. Google Now finds itself among such distinguished company as the digital camera, the Large Hadron Collider and follows on as the second Google service to receive the honor after Google Maps.

In naming Google Now as the winner, Popular Science editor-in-chief, Jacob Ward, even took a slight swipe at Apple's Siri in the process:

Voice interfaces like Siri seem outdated by comparison. With Google Now, you don’t pull the phone out when an idea occurs to you. You pull it out when an idea occurs to it.

Google Now is still in the early days, and as promised at Google IO during the unveiling, we're expecting to see much more from it as time goes on.

http://www.androidcentral.com/popular-science-picks-google-now-innovation-year

Google now is :pimp:

I still remember the first time I was about to get out of work and that joint popped up and told me how long it would take to get home and what traffic was like. Dat next level **** :smokin

I don't think Google expected for the Nexus 4 to have this "iPhone" type hype.

-Drew

I don't think Google expected for the Nexus 4 to have this "iPhone" type hype.
-Drew
How could they not they made a $300 phones Unlocked with all the features of Any high end phones -Memory expansion.
Then they PIMPED IT out to every single tech site and blog
They called it the Flagship of Android
They were running off of the greatness that was the Nexus 7.

The orginal Nexus one was a contract phone then it was
Nexus S $450 off contract
Galaxy Nexus $400 off contract
Nexus 4 $300 off contract

You cant help but love this. Any tech persona and every tech person would.

Likely issue is LG cant produce enough Optimus G's and Nexus 4's.

If LG was smart they could have put vanilla android on the Optimus G and made some money.

How could they not they made a $300 phones Unlocked with all the features of Any high end phones -Memory expansion.
Then they PIMPED IT out to every single tech site and blog
They called it the Flagship of Android
They were running off of the greatness that was the Nexus 7.
The orginal Nexus one was a contract phone then it was
Nexus S $450 off contract
Galaxy Nexus $400 off contract
Nexus 4 $300 off contract
You cant help but love this. Any tech persona and every tech person would.

I'm just saying. I mean, who would have thought that people would be reselling Nexus devices for the price of a hyped up iPhone?
Products can be well advertised, put crazy specs on it, be the successor of a great product, and still tank.

-Drew

can someone tell me where i can find some cool icons? im going for that clean minimalistic look

Last edited:
im guessing it has which is why i got rid of it a couple weeks ago

I may cop one as a back up phone to use for when I'm selling my main devices, or wait till the note 2 or s3 gets dirt cheap which I doubt is gonna happen soon.

note 2 wont get cheap. i see them on CL for 6 bills im still surprised i got mine for 4.

im trying to trade my white one for a blue one since mines has a scratch that is really getting on my nerves. :nerd:

Got my Nexus 4 in a few hours ago but haven't had much time to mess around with it.  I gotta say though that I already love it from the little time I have used it.  I'm coming from the Galaxy Nexus, so the leap isn't a huge one.  Anyways, here are a few things I've noticed......

-Compared to the GNex, the colors most definitely aren't as vibrant.  It looks good, but there is a noticeable washed out feel to the colors.  Not a dealbreaker to me.  Overall though, the clarity on the screen is beast.  Definitely on par w/ Apple's Retina, IMO.  

-The screen is a joy to type on.  I'm not sure if anything is different from the GNex, but I swear it feels like I'm typing on a big iPhone when it comes to accuracy.  The GNex gave me FITS with accuracy even though the screen size is virtually the same.  There was a point where I even contemplated getting a different phone b/c I had such trouble typing on it.  I won't have that problem with the Nexus 4.   

-The build quality is lovely.  I love the grippy edges on it because if it weren't for those, this thing would be tough to hold on to.  The phone is lighter than I thought it would be too.  It looks like a heavy phone, but you pick it up and you're surprised at how portable it feels because of the weight.  

-The speaker is louder than the GNex, thankfully.  The only problem is that the phone lays flat, so unless you prop it up somehow, you're right back to GNex sound quality.  

-From a few test photos I took, the camera is clearly better than the GNex, as expected.  That's a big plus for me, since taking random pics of my 18-month old is mainly what I use my phone's camera for.  Comparing it to the latest iPhone (which seems to be the standard in the handset world), I wouldn't say the N4 is quite on par with it.  But it definitely is no slouch and should more than suffice for most people.  

-The speed is lovely.  Apps seem to open up quicker than the GNex.  I'm sure it isn't THAT much faster, but I can see a difference.  Haven't had a chance to go through the paces w/ it yet though, so time will tell how the processor fares with a ton of stuff running at once.  

All in all, this is a solid purchase.  Cosmetically, this phone wows me, but that isn't saying much considering my previous plastic phone.  As cool as I thought the GNex was, it really is kind of ugly compared to the N4.  But other than looks, nothing else makes me say "damn".  That said, I would no doubt tell anyone on the fence to purchase this device....it just feels like the next natural step in the Nexus line's progression.  Can't wait until the N5! :lol:

If anyone has any questions, feel free.....

How is the notification light?
Did you get a case for it? Recommendations?
Can u use it with gloves like the Nokia Lumia?

Back
Top Bottom