• U.S. Cellular

Votes: 0 0.0%
  • Straight Talk

• Other

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .
just a head up if you dudes didnt know but tmo is having some sort of deal tomorrow
i think you can get a free note 2/s3 with an upgrade or a contract something like that

^^The Note 2, you have to pay $500 plus tax in store and you get a $300 Visa gift card or something like that. The S3 you pay $299 at the store and get a $300 gift card. It's a mail in rebate card.

How is the notification light?
Did you get a case for it? Recommendations?
Can u use it with gloves like the Nokia Lumia?
From what I can tell, the notification light is the exact same as the GNex.  I haven't even looked for cases b/c I don't really like them, but I probably will just b/c of the glass back.  No idea about the glove thing lol.  

^^The Note 2, you have to pay $500 plus tax in store and you get a $300 Visa gift card or something like that. The S3 you pay $299 at the store and get a $300 gift card. It's a mail in rebate card.
So you dont have to be in a contract to get this deal?

How does this work?

From what I can tell, the notification light is the exact same as the GNex.  I haven't even looked for cases b/c I don't really like them, but I probably will just b/c of the glass back.  No idea about the glove thing lol.  

Good looks. The glove thing just means the touch screen is super sensitive and its responsive to your nails, fingers while wearing gloves etc.

My girl has tmo, she's taking advantage of the deal. I called them last night and the guy said in CT its completely free, no rebate needed for the s3

Last edited:
T mobile has the note 2 on their website for 200 with a contact. I was skimming through the plans and is it true that they have am unlimited everything plan for 89 a month??? Is it truly unlimited data or will it throttle after a while? I peeped sprints numbers also and now i REALLY feel like I'm being ripped off by Verizon :smh: the sad part is that Verizon boasts the best service, but my internet has been SOOOOO crappy lately. Matter of fact I should contact Verizon customer service and be on that cocky steez "yall are taxing me hardbody monthly for inferior service. Give me a note 2 for free or I'm walking".

Will any carriers cover my early termination fee? If t mobile can do that then I will be posting from a note 2 tomorrow.

Last edited:
I just realized there's a difference between the Galaxy nexus and Google nexus. I'm so far behind. Someone please school me on how service for the nexus works. Can you just choose a carrier?

Bout a Galaxy Note II from craigslist for $400:smokin:smokin:smokin:smokin:smokin

Thought it was a scam......ol girl`s boyfriend seemed shady as hell and didnt want to get out of the car......But as soon as it got activated, i handed over the 4 hunid and got GHOST!!!!!!!!!!!!!

I would have been coming out about $370 after taxes and upgrade fees anyway....so this was a STEAL.

And now that i dont like it, i looked at Ebay`s prices and they are going for $550+:wow:eek:wow:eek:wow:

COME UP TIME!!!!!!!!!!!

T mobile has the note 2 on their website for 200 with a contact. I was skimming through the plans and is it true that they have am unlimited everything plan for 89 a month??? Is it truly unlimited data or will it throttle after a while? I peeped sprints numbers also and now i REALLY feel like I'm being ripped off by Verizon :smh: the sad part is that Verizon boasts the best service, but my internet has been SOOOOO crappy lately. Matter of fact I should contact Verizon customer service and be on that cocky steez "yall are taxing me hardbody monthly for inferior service. Give me a note 2 for free or I'm walking".
Will any carriers cover my early termination fee? If t mobile can do that then I will be posting from a note 2 tomorrow.
Yea it is TRUELY unlimited. Just install User Switch Agent on your computer and have it run as Andriod when you tether and your fine. I'm on that plan now.

How could they not they made a $300 phones Unlocked with all the features of Any high end phones -Memory expansion.
Then they PIMPED IT out to every single tech site and blog
They called it the Flagship of Android
They were running off of the greatness that was the Nexus 7.
The orginal Nexus one was a contract phone then it was
Nexus S $450 off contract
Galaxy Nexus $400 off contract
Nexus 4 $300 off contract
You cant help but love this. Any tech persona and every tech person would.

If you want to get rid of your second for retail I'm in. I understand if you want to flip it on ebay though.

Bout a Galaxy Note II from craigslist for $400:smokin:smokin:smokin:smokin:smokin
Thought it was a scam......ol girl`s boyfriend seemed shady as hell and didnt want to get out of the car......But as soon as it got activated, i handed over the 4 hunid and got GHOST!!!!!!!!!!!!!
I would have been coming out about $370 after taxes and upgrade fees anyway....so this was a STEAL.
And now that i dont like it, i looked at Ebay`s prices and they are going for $550+:wow:eek:wow:eek:wow:
COME UP TIME!!!!!!!!!!!

I saw some good deals but Im not about taking any L's. Not trying to buy stolen goods by accident. 400 is definitely a steal though.

apparently, Sprint is rolling out Jelly Bean for the EVO 4g LTE from today until the 27th.

pimp.gif

Got my Nexus 4 in a few hours ago but haven't had much time to mess around with it.  I gotta say though that I already love it from the little time I have used it.  I'm coming from the Galaxy Nexus, so the leap isn't a huge one.  Anyways, here are a few things I've noticed......

-Compared to the GNex, the colors most definitely aren't as vibrant.  It looks good, but there is a noticeable washed out feel to the colors.  Not a dealbreaker to me.  Overall though, the clarity on the screen is beast.  Definitely on par w/ Apple's Retina, IMO.  

-The screen is a joy to type on.  I'm not sure if anything is different from the GNex, but I swear it feels like I'm typing on a big iPhone when it comes to accuracy.  The GNex gave me FITS with accuracy even though the screen size is virtually the same.  There was a point where I even contemplated getting a different phone b/c I had such trouble typing on it.  I won't have that problem with the Nexus 4.   

-The build quality is lovely.  I love the grippy edges on it because if it weren't for those, this thing would be tough to hold on to.  The phone is lighter than I thought it would be too.  It looks like a heavy phone, but you pick it up and you're surprised at how portable it feels because of the weight.  

-The speaker is louder than the GNex, thankfully.  The only problem is that the phone lays flat, so unless you prop it up somehow, you're right back to GNex sound quality.  

-From a few test photos I took, the camera is clearly better than the GNex, as expected.  That's a big plus for me, since taking random pics of my 18-month old is mainly what I use my phone's camera for.  Comparing it to the latest iPhone (which seems to be the standard in the handset world), I wouldn't say the N4 is quite on par with it.  But it definitely is no slouch and should more than suffice for most people.  

-The speed is lovely.  Apps seem to open up quicker than the GNex.  I'm sure it isn't THAT much faster, but I can see a difference.  Haven't had a chance to go through the paces w/ it yet though, so time will tell how the processor fares with a ton of stuff running at once.  

All in all, this is a solid purchase.  Cosmetically, this phone wows me, but that isn't saying much considering my previous plastic phone.  As cool as I thought the GNex was, it really is kind of ugly compared to the N4.  But other than looks, nothing else makes me say "damn".  That said, I would no doubt tell anyone on the fence to purchase this device....it just feels like the next natural step in the Nexus line's progression.  Can't wait until the N5! :lol:

If anyone has any questions, feel free.....

Got my Nexus 4 in a few hours ago but haven't had much time to mess around with it.  I gotta say though that I already love it from the little time I have used it.  I'm coming from the Galaxy Nexus, so the leap isn't a huge one.  Anyways, here are a few things I've noticed......

-Compared to the GNex, the colors most definitely aren't as vibrant.  It looks good, but there is a noticeable washed out feel to the colors.  Not a dealbreaker to me.  Overall though, the clarity on the screen is beast.  Definitely on par w/ Apple's Retina, IMO.  

-The screen is a joy to type on.  I'm not sure if anything is different from the GNex, but I swear it feels like I'm typing on a big iPhone when it comes to accuracy.  The GNex gave me FITS with accuracy even though the screen size is virtually the same.  There was a point where I even contemplated getting a different phone b/c I had such trouble typing on it.  I won't have that problem with the Nexus 4.   

-The build quality is lovely.  I love the grippy edges on it because if it weren't for those, this thing would be tough to hold on to.  The phone is lighter than I thought it would be too.  It looks like a heavy phone, but you pick it up and you're surprised at how portable it feels because of the weight.  

-The speaker is louder than the GNex, thankfully.  The only problem is that the phone lays flat, so unless you prop it up somehow, you're right back to GNex sound quality.  

-From a few test photos I took, the camera is clearly better than the GNex, as expected.  That's a big plus for me, since taking random pics of my 18-month old is mainly what I use my phone's camera for.  Comparing it to the latest iPhone (which seems to be the standard in the handset world), I wouldn't say the N4 is quite on par with it.  But it definitely is no slouch and should more than suffice for most people.  

-The speed is lovely.  Apps seem to open up quicker than the GNex.  I'm sure it isn't THAT much faster, but I can see a difference.  Haven't had a chance to go through the paces w/ it yet though, so time will tell how the processor fares with a ton of stuff running at once.  

All in all, this is a solid purchase.  Cosmetically, this phone wows me, but that isn't saying much considering my previous plastic phone.  As cool as I thought the GNex was, it really is kind of ugly compared to the N4.  But other than looks, nothing else makes me say "damn".  That said, I would no doubt tell anyone on the fence to purchase this device....it just feels like the next natural step in the Nexus line's progression.  Can't wait until the N5! :lol:

If anyone has any questions, feel free.....

I was going to ask about all that glass too. I think this will probably be the phone I'm going to get, but...

My girl has tmo, she's taking advantage of the deal. I called them last night and the guy said in CT its completely free, no rebate needed for the s3

Really¿ I thought I read something about a mail-in rebate on this deal. I'm still torn between this and the N4, but I love some vanilla Android, AND I hear rooting is pretty easy on the GS3. Decisions...

EDIT: See here. It says that a rebate is required.

Last edited:
You didnt get your email for shipping?

I just got mine. If anything I'll give Niketalk a first serve price for the phone if anything.

No. Unfortunately I got the back order email. Funny how we were both ordering at the same time and yours got through but mine didn't. I blasted Google with two emails and filled out a negative survey. Who knows maybe they'll hook me up with a bumper. DOUBT IT, but you never know.

Damn, thats some bs. Tmobile told me i have to pay everything upfront and then wait for rebate thru the mail. Im not cool with that. Seems like everything is going up in price with tmobile. the phones, plans. my contract expires in march next year. Not sure if im renewing if they cant give me better deals than this pay $300+ now, get money back crap

No. Unfortunately I got the back order email. Funny how we were both ordering at the same time and yours got through but mine didn't. I blasted Google with two emails and filled out a negative survey. Who knows maybe they'll hook me up with a bumper. DOUBT IT, but you never know.
Which did you try to get the 16 or 8? We ordered at even the same seconds?:nerd:

And my second one just shipped to :smokin

Last edited:
Which did you try to get the 16 or 8? We ordered at even the same seconds?:nerd:
'

Well I had the 16 in my cart 4 times and it kept getting deleted so I went for the 8. Didn't get a THANK YOU (which should have triggered me), but my money was held, and I got an order confirmation a few hours later.

Same seconds? lol I dunno, doubt it. We were both posting in this thread at the same time though. I'm sure it was pretty close.

Anyone use Google Voice for voicemail?
I just set it up and it's really impressive. The way they transcribe the message it is pretty cool.

i just called tmobile and they said i was eligible to upgrade my phone now. Could it be possible I might need to upgrade my sig? (Looking into the galaxy S2/S3) Magenta deal day for today/tomorrow. S2 would be cheaper out of pocket for me. Both are free after mail in rebate.

HELP!

Last edited:
Anyone use Google Voice for voicemail?
I just set it up and it's really impressive. The way they transcribe the message it is pretty cool.

I signed up as soon as I got my G2 two years ago, and I'm never going back.

i just called tmobile and they said i was eligible to upgrade my phone now. Could it be possible I might need to upgrade my sig? (Looking into the galaxy S2/S3) Magenta deal day for today/tomorrow. S2 would be cheaper out of pocket for me. Both are free after mail in rebate.

HELP!

:lol:

I guess it's up to how much you're willing to put out before the rebate comes back. I would assume the S3 would be the better choice.

Last edited:
Back
Top Bottom