• U.S. Cellular

Votes: 0 0.0%
  • Straight Talk

• Other

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .
My girl came back from T-Mobile with 3 s3s for her and her mom/brother. Free and no rebate but she did have to pay sales tax for the off contract price of the phones tho. Came out to around 150$

My girl came back from T-Mobile with 3 s3s for her and her mom/brother. Free and no rebate but she did have to pay sales tax for the off contract price of the phones tho. Came out to around 150$

wait so they're giving them away OFF contract? I'll go get one just for ***** and giggles.

wait so they're giving them away OFF contract? I'll go get one just for ***** and giggles.

Nah I think he's saying they're free with a new 2 year contract, but you have to pay the sales tax for what the price would be off contract (about $550). So if sales tax is 10% in your state you have to pay about $50 for each phone.

So I just spoke to my Boy who manages a T-Mobile and he said the Note 2 is not part of the sale today or tomorrow. he said its 179.00 down for the Galaxy S3 whcich you will then get back as a Rebate.....

Im just going to get 2 Galaxy S3's and hes waiving my activation fee and is also hooking it up with instant rebate so I dont have to wait. for it in the mail. :smokin
All im paying for up front is taxes for each phone :smokin

Monthly is going to be 140 a month including 20 for each phone before taxes.

Where did you see the Note 2 deal?

I saw it somewhere online by googling if note 2 is part of the deal and it is. Just check out tmobile.com and you'll see it's exactly what I was saying. $199 after mail in card rebate.

Guys, there seems to be a LOT of misinformation here. The Note 2 is definitely included, it's just not "free" like the S3 (which is only "free" after you get the mail in card rebate for the same price you paid for the phone in store). Go to the official source (tmobile.com) for info and you'll see it when you click on the Note 2. As far as people only having to pay taxes on the phone, that's not what I've heard from the Tmobile store or seen online.

If that really is the case, I will get one ASAP. Which stores are you guys talking about that say they are completely free without the mail in card rebate?????

Last edited:
I stopped by a t mobile today and the advertised price for the note 2 was 99 after a rebate. They have a strange payment system tho. You continue to pay $20 for twenty months until you pay the price of the phone. That twenty is in addition to the regular bill. If it wasn't for the stupid rebate I'd be posting from the note as we speak.

yeah that's what I meant. I was thinking they gave you a 300 dollar mail in rebate if you just purchased the phone at retail

Ahh I see. Kinda like buying it unlocked out of contract for $500 and then getting a $300 mail in rebate gift card. Now that would be sick. No way in hell, lol.

:lol: I know. Way too good to be true that's why I was scratching my head a bit.

After doing the math it's cheaper for me to just purchase the Note 2 off contract and stick with VZW than switching to T-mobile's prepaid plan.

Where did you see the Note 2 deal?

I saw it somewhere online by googling if note 2 is part of the deal and it is. Just check out tmobile.com and you'll see it's exactly what I was saying. $199 after mail in card rebate.

Guys, there seems to be a LOT of misinformation here. The Note 2 is definitely included, it's just not "free" like the S3 (which is only "free" after you get the mail in card rebate for the same price you paid for the phone in store). Go to the official source (tmobile.com) for info and you'll see it when you click on the Note 2. As far as people only having to pay taxes on the phone, that's not what I've heard from the Tmobile store or seen online.

If that really is the case, I will get one ASAP. Which stores are you guys talking about that say they are completely free without the mail in card rebate?????

Im only getting instant rebate because my friend is the manager at the T-Mobile im going to. As far as completely free no rebate, I doubt any stores are actually advertising it that way :nerd:

Costco has galaxy s3 for $130 with the magenta $100 rebate on their website. Decisions decisions

Getting a good 15-20 average out here :pimp:
I love Tmo

Last edited:

In Connecticut there isnt a rebate but you have to pay sales tax on the price of the phone off contract

Can anyone help me out? My battery has been draining faster since the Jelly Bean Upgrade. Here is my better battery stats stuff. Is this normal?
EDIT: I found out that google now drains the battery alot, so I've disabled it. That would explain all the gps wakelocks.

Last edited:
Back
Top Bottom