• U.S. Cellular

Votes: 0 0.0%
  • Straight Talk

• Other

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .
Can someone help me with Textra. I cannot send or receive MMS, or images while on WiFi. As soon as i step out the house my phone goes off with messages that come through via MMS. I love the app but im really thinking of uninstalling it because of this. Any help is appreciated.

Can someone help me with Textra. I cannot send or receive MMS, or images while on WiFi. As soon as i step out the house my phone goes off with messages that come through via MMS. I love the app but im really thinking of uninstalling it because of this. Any help is appreciated.
I've encountered this problem before :smh: thankfully it's working now I did nothing to it just started working again..was using chomp sms for a bit but like textra better

Im on galaxy note 2.. been tryna stream nfl sunday ticket to my tv via chromecast.. keep gettin error that my device does not support flash.. whats the best/easiest way to fix this..?

Go into the Textra settings > MMS settings and play around with the "Activate Mobile Data" setting and see if that helps.  If not, try messing with the "Prefer WiFi" setting.

Anyone on Ting Mobile? Thinking about making the move.... My sprint bill is avg like $230 a month for 3 lines.

Im on galaxy note 2.. been tryna stream nfl sunday ticket to my tv via chromecast.. keep gettin error that my device does not support flash.. whats the best/easiest way to fix this..?
I bought the MHL cable to connect to TV. Works perfectly for the TNT TV app. Mirrors the screen.

Anyone on Ting Mobile? Thinking about making the move.... My sprint bill is avg like $230 a month for 3 lines.
They use the Sprints Network as well.. So I mean if you like Sprint and get good coverage in your area.. minus whale go Ting

They use the Sprints Network as well.. So I mean if you like Sprint and get good coverage in your area.. minus whale go Ting

I just checked my data usage a month, which is avg 5 gigs just on my line....with ting i think I use to much to actually save any money.

I just checked my data usage a month, which is avg 5 gigs just on my line....with ting i think I use to much to actually save any money.
Ahh

Their max is 3gb and it's already 60 that is kinda expensive.. I pay 130 on ATT for two lines right now with unlimited text/data can't remember minutes.. I think I get throttled at a certain point but I've been grandfathered in since I've had it for a while

Last edited:
I got my Samsung s4 for $0 but pay 85 a month on a two year plan with 2GB of datashare.

Is that a good deal or can I find a better offer?

[h1]HTC faces supply chain difficulties, expects poor Q3[/h1]
24 September, 2013 | Comments (19)  | Post your comment

Tags: HTCAndroid

HTC is currently experiencing trouble related to the supply of its latest smartphone the One mini, according to sources close to the manufacturing process quoted by Reuters.

gsmarena_001.jpg

More specifically, there is a shortage in the casing of the smartphone resulting in disturbance in the overall supply. As a result, the demand from telecoms and consumers can't be met.

HTC reportedly will only ship about 200,000 One mini smartphones each month, which is less than ideal for the company. Analysts predict that if the problem with the company's supply chain persists, it might be looking at a grim Q3 financial prospect.

In fact, this might very well be the first quarter to see the company post net loss. The third quarter of the year ends next week, with the report expected in October, so we'll see just how bad of a time HTC is actually having.

Source
HTC can't get production right this year, might be a while before the One Max is revealed 
mean.gif

[h1]HTC announces Android 4.3 for One coming this week[/h1]
24 September, 2013 | Comments (9)  | Post your comment

Tags: HTCAndroid

President of HTC America Jason Mackenzie posted on Twitter that the Android 4.3 and the latest version of Sense will hit HTC One  Developer Edition smartphones starting this week. This will be followed by Canadian HTC One owners by the end of the month.

Since service providers need to give the final go-ahead for carrier branded units, specific dates have not been provided. Mackenzie sent out a second tweet regarding US carrier certification, although this one was even more vague in regards to anything other than "soon."
We're still working hard & optimistic for U.S. carrier certification – stay tuned to @HTCUSA  for more news soon.
— Jason Mackenzie (@JasonMacHTC) September 23, 2013
Good news – the latest Sense experience & Android 4.3 will push to One Dev Edition owners this week & One customers in Canada by month end.
Meanwhile, HTC One users in Taiwan are already reporting they are getting the Android 4.3 OTA notification.
HTC One in Taiwan just started getting Android 4.3 pic.twitter.com/N6Ef7CNgv4
— LlabTooFeR (@LlabTooFeR) September 24, 2013
Mackenzie also updated us on the state of the pending Droid DNA update. The US variant of the HTC Butterfly is slated to get the Sense 5-enabled version of Jelly Bean by year's end, although it will only be getting version 4.2.2.
Regarding Droid DNA. Update and clarification is that DNA customers will get new Sense experiences (w/ 4.2.2) before end of year.
Here's hoping that European owners of the One won't be left high and dry among all the update goodness. We'll post any news on that front as soon as we get it.

Via
Carriers in the US always in the way 
mean.gif

I had to tell somebody about this story and who'd appreciate it :rofl:

In one of my classes there is an Apple stan who is obsessed with Apple. He works for them, owns everything Apple and I'm pretty sure swore a blood oath to Steve Jobs the way he talks about Apple products.

Anyway, this guy sold his iPhone 5 the week before the release of the new models and I'm thinking he's gonna pick up a 5S or whatever and that's pretty normal for a lot of folks.

Nope.

I saw dude today and he bought himself a 5C. The same freaking phone he had before with a plastic backing on it :rofl: :rofl: :lol: :smh:

I can't even wrap my mind around it :lol: :rofl:

I see him walking around with the phone and inside I'm like

Last edited by a moderator:
But that colored plastic back is revolutionary and game changing!
:rofl: :rofl:

But yea, he definitely should have gotten the 5s if he making moves like that. I have and use both, but I don't get the "blood oath stans" that are out here.

Maybe he drops his phone a lot. The plastic body on the 3G's were durable as hell. I dropped mine a bunch of times with no damage.

I had to tell somebody about this story and who'd appreciate it :rofl:

In one of my classes there is an Apple stan who is obsessed with Apple. He works for them, owns everything Apple and I'm pretty sure swore a blood oath to Steve Jobs the way he talks about Apple products.

Anyway, this guy sold his iPhone 5 the week before the release of the new models and I'm thinking he's gonna pick up a 5S or whatever and that's pretty normal for a lot of folks.

Nope.

I saw dude today and he bought himself a 5C. The same freaking phone he had before with a plastic backing on it :rofl: :rofl: :lol: :smh:

I can't even wrap my mind around it :lol: :rofl:

I see him walking around with the phone and inside I'm like

[COLOR=#red]Dude I worked for Apple this summer, not retail but actual Apple Corporate. One of the many reasons why I stopped was I literally couldn't stomach the rampant fanboyism. Guys like you describe is pretty commonplace in the company. Was an interesting experience, but I'd much rather work for Google.

But that discount is real...we got $250 off the unlocked retail price of iPhones. That means with him selling the 5 he paid almost nothing for the 5C[/COLOR]

Last edited:
Anyone having issues with Textra?
not me personally but many people have problems with mms . they update the app almost twice a week tho and if you email them any issues they troubleshoot with you . it's the best texting app out there (my opinion of course ) and I've tried majority of the popular ones out there .

That story didn't end the way I expected. It would've been more surprising if he ended up getting a one or note 3. Apple fanboy Getting a brand new Apple device was expected.

I had issues with MMS with the stock app, I think it's just the terrible service I get in my house.

It's been better on Textra since they're always updating it.

[COLOR=#red]Dude I worked for Apple this summer, not retail but actual Apple Corporate. One of the many reasons why I stopped was I literally couldn't stomach the rampant fanboyism. Guys like you describe is pretty commonplace in the company. Was an interesting experience, but I'd much rather work for Google.

But that discount is real...we got $250 off the unlocked retail price of iPhones. That means with him selling the 5 he paid almost nothing for the 5C[/COLOR]

The guy even admitted that it was the same phone but always wanted a blue phone :rofl:

I can't imagine working there. The reality distortion is strong

Anyone having issues with Textra?
not me personally but many people have problems with mms . they update the app almost twice a week tho and if you email them any issues they troubleshoot with you . it's the best texting app out there (my opinion of course ) and I've tried majority of the popular ones out there .
It is. I've been having issues with the notification logic specffically. Since their last update it no longer works correctly with Missed It! which is what I use for my missed notifications currently. If I dont read the text, then my screen refreshes over and over every two seconds and updates the badge counter so it makes it seem like I have an unlimted amount of texts and its working my battery. 

Anyone use anything else for missed notifcations on their phone?

Back
Top Bottom