• U.S. Cellular

Votes: 0 0.0%
  • Straight Talk

• Other

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .
Okay Bros... I just ordered my replacement screen and tool kit for replacing the glass on mt S4... Paid for overnight shipping for it to get here tomorrow.

GOnna give this thing a rip and see if I can come out on top!

Okay Bros... I just ordered my replacement screen and tool kit for replacing the glass on mt S4... Paid for overnight shipping for it to get here tomorrow.

Good luck fam, hopefully this works. Remember, patience is key!

Goodluck brah

My brother tried it cause his screen broke.. he screwed up his phone 
laugh.gif
 but you ain't really got much to lose with an already damaged phone

I've built 2 PC's over the past couple of years and typically I'm good at this kind of stuff without any training on it.

One real estate woman asked me "are you handy?" a couple months back when we were looking at a house... I said "I have youtube." and she gave me that "okay, fair enough" look.
laugh.gif

Figure if I can follow directions and not spazz out on this thing I'll be good.

Yeah, my brother is pretty handy as well lul

First thing I asked him.. you didn't watch no youtube vids? 
laugh.gif

Even though all my **** is backed up with Google+ I'm still scared to delete my micro sd card. . :lol:

Last edited:
Even though all my **** is backed up with Google+ I'm still scared to delete my micro sd card. . :lol:

Back that ish up to an HDD as well, you can never be too cautious.

Eem though I've recently deleted 8gigs of wallpapers, I backed em all up. :lol:

Even though my S3 was in perfect cosmetic condition (kept in an Otterbox Defender case, no drops, no liquid damage), it stopped working on me yesterday for some reason. Won't turn on at all. Tried my GF's battery too and still nothing.

Anyways, bit the bullet and copped the Note 3. Man this thing is niccce! Wish I could get rid of the bloatware but it's whatever. Loving it so far!

dont need anymore fan renders, we know what the damn thing looks like.
we need google to get it all the ******g way together an announce the damn thing tomorrow with adequate stock

Last edited:

Dont do it. Im telling its not easy.  I broke my whole lcd and digitizer trying this. IF you end up still doing it use a heat gun and watgch out for the glue in the middle of the screen near the bottom. Report back on your success or failure

Dont do it. Im telling its not easy. I broke my whole lcd and digitizer trying this. IF you end up still doing it use a heat gun and watgch out for the glue in the middle of the screen near the bottom. Report back on your success or failure

I did a screen replacement on a Galaxy S3. Im assuming the S4 shouldnt be much diffrent. My advise like stated above is to use a heat gun to soften the glue in between the digitizer and lcd. Slowly lift the digitzer once the glue softens using a blade. I used an exacto knife using the flat blade.
once you get enough of the digitizer lifted, use some fishing wire and run it down from top to bottom applying more heat when necessary.
Try not to hold the heat gun to close and also dont hold it in one single spot for to long.
Hope this helps.

Might have to sell my GS4 and pick up the N5
pimp.gif
i WOULDNT. S4 will do circles around the N5. Nexus phones really is only good because of low price for off contract so you can use cheap cell service, with sprint offering it it kind of beat the purpose. But the s4 is walking all over the n5

I did a screen replacement on a Galaxy S3. Im assuming the S4 shouldnt be much diffrent. My advise like stated above is to use a heat gun to soften the glue in between the digitizer and lcd. Slowly lift the digitzer once the glue softens using a blade. I used an exacto knife using the flat blade.
once you get enough of the digitizer lifted, use some fishing wire and run it down from top to bottom applying more heat when necessary.
Try not to hold the heat gun to close and also dont hold it in one single spot for to long.
Hope this helps.
Yea i used a hair blower. I dont think i heated it enough, you will def need a heat gun to do this

Back
Top Bottom