• U.S. Cellular

Votes: 0 0.0%
  • Straight Talk

• Other

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .
How can they be toe to toe when the N5 houses a snapdragon 800 which obliterates the 600 in CPU and GPU performance PLUS its running an unadulterated stock version of android 4.4.

Last edited:
Ok got it sort of working.

I had to hit open instead of done .. :lol:

The voice detection is very inconsistent .. Sometimes it'll launch, sometimes it won't. Sometimes my "command" doesn't work. I know my voice is getting picked up because the grey circle around the mic icon moves, but nothing get's inputted.

And I can't clear defaults :smh:

This is pretty nice .. but I need to be able to change my icons. Love Hangouts though, probably keep that.

Last edited:
Gonna delete Textra and try out Hangouts for a bit. The dealbreakers are group and picture messaging so if Hangouts isnt doing those well then it cant win. Also why cant they make the emojis just look like the iphone ones. This leaves so much potential for things to get lost in translation, pressing wrong emojis and whatnot.

How do you guys swap phones so often? I've had the GNex forever and feel like I'll have it for another 6 months

Last edited:
Didn't even know the Nexus dropped. :smh:
Missed first wave.. now won't ship for 2-3 weeks :smh:

I'm feeling like a fool, because I had one in the cart (2-3 day delivery) and said "eh, I'll cop for myself later..."

Looking at resales on the 'bay, people are pulling ~ $100.00 profit per phone. Coulda paid for half of my joint when it was time if I just pulled the trigger.

Study long, study wrong...

What do you mean? I see them.. Unless you're talking about something else

This is what I mean... When I'm in a convo I can't see the contacts on the left or who im talking too :lol:
weird mine show :lol:

Last edited:
I'm selling my Gnex to a fellow NTer and I'm trying to get it shipped today.

It's rooted and currently running CM 10. What's the quickest way to just wipe the phone completely of all the private sensitive info yet keep it rooted?

I'm selling my Gnex to a fellow NTer and I'm trying to get it shipped today.

It's rooted and currently running CM 10. What's the quickest way to just wipe the phone completely of all the private sensitive info yet keep it rooted?
reflash whatever rom you're using again

reflash whatever rom you're using again

Does this word? Someone a few pages back said reflashing wipes it but some info is stored on the info SD card

I also hard that you can do the factory reset option on the phone and it will keep it's root?

It should keep the root.. If not they can reroot it can't they

But I'm pretty sure it would stay rooted

Last edited:
Should I cop a DS Nexus 4 16GB for $230 ? I have a one but I'm leaving Sprint asap I just need me something to hold me down a couple months or until the Nexus 5 is widely available . About to hop on that T-Mobile $30 a month unlimited data and text 100 minutes plan :pimp:

Should I cop a DS Nexus 4 16GB for $230 ? I have a one but I'm leaving Sprint asap I just need me something to hold me down a couple months or until the Nexus 5 is widely available . About to hop on that T-Mobile $30 a month unlimited data and text 100 minutes plan
pimp.gif
I'd get the 5 because of the 4G. But if you wanna save the $100 they're pretty much the same phone otherwise. I personally like the design on my nexus 4 so I'm not upgrading. Im satisfied with my H+ speed with Tmobile.

Should I cop a DS Nexus 4 16GB for $230 ? I have a one but I'm leaving Sprint asap I just need me something to hold me down a couple months or until the Nexus 5 is widely available . About to hop on that T-Mobile $30 a month unlimited data and text 100 minutes plan :pimp:
if it's brand new why not.. Seen used ones go for 2 still

Or hit up Fontaine and ask him to hook his nt fam up :lol:

Last edited:
I'd get the 5 because of the 4G. But if you wanna save the $100 they're pretty much the same phone otherwise. I personally like the design on my nexus 4 so I'm not upgrading. Im satisfied with my H+ speed with Tmobile.

I'm gonna get the 5 but I ain't emm have the ends yesterday for the 32GB , got paid this morning so I'm Gucci now but that doesn't even matter considering the damn 5 is already sold out. Im asking how does the 4 compare to the One speed wise I don't wanna cop and be disappointed in it for a few months until I get the 5. I'm leaving Sprint as soon I get the 4 I already got my T-Mobile SIM ready to go but do you think the speed is comparable between the two phones (One and N4) ?

Last edited:
you know you CAN get LTE on the old nexus 4 right...

...?

Yup was reading about that.. Don't think you can go wrong with the n4.. Or any nexus device given the dev community

Back
Top Bottom