• U.S. Cellular

Votes: 0 0.0%
  • Straight Talk

• Other

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .
Maybe I missed this but the N5 doesn't come with headphones? I feel like for $350+ it should come with some.

I signed up to T-Mobile $30 prepaid plan with ease last night. Totally painless and the service is soooo much better than Sprint in my area. Really happy so far.

14 November, 2013 | Comments (11) | Post your comment
Tags: LG, Android, Rumors
Flexible displays may not be here in the way everyone expected them to be just yet, but that hasn't prevented Samsung and LG to out curved display smartphones this year. While both devices have since launched in their native Korea, it looks like the LG offering will be making its way to the US as well.
The rumor comes by way of the popular source for smartphone related leaks, @evleaks.

The LG G Flex was launched in Korea this Tuesday, featuring a self-healing plastic back panel and a nifty dynamic wallpaper which shifts according to your viewing angle. The Flex's curved 6-inch display runs at 720p, which means it should manage higher framerates than smartphones with higher-fidelity screens, as the recent AnTuTu benchmarks have shown.
While the display is not flexible in the direct sense of the word, the Flex will undoubtedly be a good conversation starter and LG has it deemed worthy of a US release. Let's see how it does.

I might cop the Flex. 720p 6 inch OLED display , 3500mah battery , SD 800, self healing plastic body , etc. I can't imagine the battery life on that thing.

Last edited:

Surprised nobody posted this, especially with all of the prepaid talk. They're saying that this is going to be one of the best value propositions in the phone game to date, with the handset starting at $179 for an 8GB model. Some people may call it a race to the bottom, but I love the idea of tech that is both affordable, capable and well designed.

Thoughts?​

Maybe I missed this but the N5 doesn't come with headphones? I feel like for $350+ it should come with some.

I signed up to T-Mobile $30 prepaid plan with ease last night. Totally painless and the service is soooo much better than Sprint in my area. Really happy so far.

Been using a $30 prepaid plan with my Note 3 for nearly a month now (i actually pay 38 since I got insurance through T-Mobile). All I can say is I love it. I need to figure out more apps that let me make free calls but otherwise service is phenominal. I def would recommend this plan to anyone who wants a cheap phone bill and uses mostly data throughout the day.

I will look into straight talk in about another month though 45 for unlimited everything is dope.

For those of you who talk about Prepaid dudes don't travel are crazy. I've been to VA, ATL and I'm going to NJ this weekend. I've literally never had a problem with my service. Best part is I'm not tied to any contracts so when I go overseas I can take my Note with me and use it with one of their service providers (pending on samsung region locks that is smh)

Surprised nobody posted this, especially with all of the prepaid talk. They're saying that this is going to be one of the best value propositions in the phone game to date, with the handset starting at $179 for an 8GB model. Some people may call it a race to the bottom, but I love the idea of tech that is both affordable, capable and well designed.

Thoughts?​
I just planned on keeping my GNex because I refuse to pay more than $200 for a phone off contract, this looks interesting though, depending on how much better than the GNex it is I would buy it.

I bet the battery is better than the Gnex :lol:

Motorola is pretty good with batteries I think

Last edited:

Unfortunately, the Nexus 5 does not come with headphones. My Gnex came with a decent pair, I thought the N5 would too.

At that price I may pickup the moto g just as a backup phone or an mp3 player. I was thinking of getting another nexus 4 when it hit 200 but having 2 of the same phones is kind of lame lol

At that price I may pickup the moto g just as a backup phone or an mp3 player. I was thinking of getting another nexus 4 when it hit 200 but having 2 of the same phones is kind of lame lol
Its going to hit 200 at some point? That will be my next phone then

Just installed the Google experience Launcher... Anyone actually using it? Like it? I usually use Nova Pro but I'm gonna try GEL.

Trying to grab a Nexus 5 through T-mobile. Figure the $60 more dollars would be worth it since T-mobile would cover the phone on insure and Jump for the next Nexus phone I can just upgrade towards.

Definitely will read the whole thread considering I'm stuck in this hospital bed for lord knows how much longer. Good looks

How did yaw even miss it. It was hot .I got more info but I choose not to bring it out since gold St voluntary resigned from nt

Just got the Nexus 5. Great phone. But reading all this stuff on the LG G2 almost makes me think its the better phone

Unfortunately, the Nexus 5 does not come with headphones. My Gnex came with a decent pair, I thought the N5 would too.

I don't know why he would care about those crappy headphones they give u anyway. Plus u can buy a pair for $5

Be careful with the tmobile 30$ plan

I activated it with my n5 last thursday night and as of right now i have 12 mins left out of 100. Im coming from simple mobile unlimited and keep forgetting i only have 100 mins with tmobile. The other night my brother who is out of state called and we talked for a bit and i called my cc company and those wasted a lot of mins. Not to mention tmobiles visual vmail takes away mins

The price is awesome though

Be careful with the tmobile 30$ plan

I activated it with my n5 last thursday night and as of right now i have 12 mins left out of 100. Im coming from simple mobile unlimited and keep forgetting i only have 100 mins with tmobile. The other night my brother who is out of state called and we talked for a bit and i called my cc company and those wasted a lot of mins. Not to mention tmobiles visual vmail takes away mins

The price is awesome though
Do what my brother do. He have the $30 plan but he have a magic jack for $30 unlimited calls that he uses at home when making calls, plus there is a free magic jack app you can use to make calls over wifi.

N5 with SlimKat + Franco r10 :pimp: :pimp:

Who said the battery sucks? :lol:

Back
Top Bottom