• U.S. Cellular

Votes: 0 0.0%
  • Straight Talk

• Other

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .
tryed and they told me that they cant because Play store isnt on the approved store list

I use to work at Best Buy "They Can" but some would be douche bags and try not to....You should have showed them the picture of the receipt and be like "what you mean you can't" and pull out the picture....

Wow I'm halfway through my billing cycle and I've already used 11gb of data. I tethered/steamed 2 shows on Netflix so I guess that alone was about 7gb.

Verizon. I usually try to stay pretty modest with the data usage even tho it's techically unlimited. I'm not one to abuse it just because; although vzw does get over on consumers. well, to be perfectly honest, my main reason to not use 50-100 gb is b/c I don't want to be on their hit list... Like you are with at&t.

I knew tethering and streaming used a lot of data, but 3gb :lol: wow. I felt some type of way about it but I didn't know it was that extreme.

To my N5 heads check out http://forum.xda-developers.com/showpost.php?p=47568672&postcount=199 
eek.gif

Can someone recommend a virus/trojan scanner for android? I have one but I'm not so sure about it.

Please PM me or quote my post. Thank you.

I'm good with stock on my N5, but I would like a good kernel to run. Flashed Cataclysm ROM yesterday and I didn't like it too much.

Last edited by a moderator:
I use to work at Best Buy "They Can" but some would be douche bags and try not to....You should have showed them the picture of the receipt and be like "what you mean you can't" and pull out the picture....
Yea best buy rep is right, play store is not on the list. Best buy have like a pamphlet that explains the price match and for what websites they will price match . bUT IF i REMEmBER i THINK IT SAID NON CONTRACT phones they can price match websites but besides that they only price match radio shack target walmart etc

Now some real bend the rules but its up to the rep

[h2]1080p smartphone displays offer no visual difference over 720p[/h2]
As smartphone screens get bigger, so do the resolutions. We’re already seeing “phablets” like Samsung’s new Galaxy Note II with a huge 5.5-inch display, and HTC’s recently-announced J Butterfly has a 5-inch display with a 1080p resolution. However, higher resolutions don’t always mean a clearer image. Clarity on a smartphone display can only get so good before the human eye doesn’t notice anything better.

Dr. Raymond Soneira, president and CEO of DisplayMate, a company that produces calibration software for various displays, says that most people won’t be able to notice the difference between a smartphone with a 720p display and one with 1080p. This is simply because photos and videos are spread over multiple pixels anyway, so they would still look a little blurred, in a way, no matter how high the resolution is.

Dr. Soneira says that the only way you would be able to tell a slight difference is if you had perfect 20/20 vision or have the screen up close to your eyes, and even then it’s still slightly hard to tell the difference. But obviously, most users hold their phones at least a foot or so away from their faces, which at that point, there’s no way users could tell the difference between clarity, and the human eye usually can’t process anything more than 229ppi in normal circumstances, which means even the iPhone 5‘s 326ppi resolution is a bit overkill.

However, Dr. Soneira does mention one advantage of a 1080p smartphone display that would have greater impact over a 720p screen, and that is more room for various user interface elements, especially for viewing websites on a mobile browser. More text would show up on the screen at once, and higher-resolution images show in full on a 1080p screen

http://www.slashgear.com/1080p-smartphone-displays-offer-no-visual-difference-over-720p-19252929/

[h2]1080p smartphone displays offer no visual difference over 720p[/h2]

As smartphone screens get bigger, so do the resolutions. We’re already seeing “phablets” like Samsung’s new Galaxy Note II with a huge 5.5-inch display, and HTC’s recently-announced J Butterfly has a 5-inch display with a 1080p resolution. However, higher resolutions don’t always mean a clearer image. Clarity on a smartphone display can only get so good before the human eye doesn’t notice anything better.

Dr. Raymond Soneira, president and CEO of DisplayMate, a company that produces calibration software for various displays, says that most people won’t be able to notice the difference between a smartphone with a 720p display and one with 1080p. This is simply because photos and videos are spread over multiple pixels anyway, so they would still look a little blurred, in a way, no matter how high the resolution is.
Dr. Soneira says that the only way you would be able to tell a slight difference is if you had perfect 20/20 vision or have the screen up close to your eyes, and even then it’s still slightly hard to tell the difference. But obviously, most users hold their phones at least a foot or so away from their faces, which at that point, there’s no way users could tell the difference between clarity, and the human eye usually can’t process anything more than 229ppi in normal circumstances, which means even the iPhone 5‘s 326ppi resolution is a bit overkill.
However, Dr. Soneira does mention one advantage of a 1080p smartphone display that would have greater impact over a 720p screen, and that is more room for various user interface elements, especially for viewing websites on a mobile browser. More text would show up on the screen at once, and higher-resolution images show in full on a 1080p screen

http://www.slashgear.com/1080p-smartphone-displays-offer-no-visual-difference-over-720p-19252929/

Biggest reason I like 1080p is for the last reason he stated. I like having more real estate on my screen to work with when browsing the web, articles, and such.

Speaking of...

Samsung preparing to produce 560 ppi displays in 2014 smartphones, Galaxy S5

Just as the competition to manufacture the best television display was booming just a few years ago, the same is now happening with smartphones. Samsung is reportedly planning to release phones next year that have a pixel density as high as 560 ppi on screen sizes as low as 5-inches. That’s 2560 x 1440 resolution.

The AMOLED panels may first show up on the Galaxy S5. Samsung Display CEO Kinam Kim confirmed the rumors, and it wouldn’t be wild to guess that this resolution will come to tablets soon enough as well.

Sure, you might argue that that’s way too small for the human eye to tell the difference, but the numbers will be where it’s all at.

:x :x :x That's really OD IMHO

Last edited by a moderator:
:smh:

My son just smashed the fuuuu out my n5.. He was crawling on the ground playing with my phone then started smashing the hell out of it on the vent. Thank God the screen didn't crack but joint was beautiful.. Now the top right corner got some scuffs :smh:

thats why I kept my phone away from my daughter at that age... 
mean.gif
laugh.gif

pics of the damage?

also, how you like the g2 vs. the n5 carver? 

It's pretty minor I'll get a pic tho.

G2 vs N5.. I'll keep it short and sweet if you're a flashaholic get da N5.

If you want features and gimmicky stuff get da G2..camera features etc etc. I think out of the box and you want fast phone with no stutters that works get da N5.

If you're a Web browsing junkie though the G2 will withstand all that abuse. :wow:

Both have pros and cons for me personally the n5 is my preferred choice. But if you like da g2 I wouldn't eem be mad

Hey guys I need some help....

Im having an issue trying to tether my Galaxy Tab to my Galaxy S4.

The tablet finds the wifi connection but when enetering the password i keep getting an error and under the passwrod field i get (unchanged).

i am 100% sure the password being entered is correct.

I can connect other devices to my phones hotspot but for some reason my tablet wont.

I am rooted using custom kernel and Trev E mods wifi tether app.

Any help is appreciated.

I like Zoe, I love boomsound, I use blinkfeed, but for God's sake HTC make the next One have a better camera please!  Go partner with someone like Nokia did

Last edited:
Here's the damage.. nothing wild but the thing was in perfect condition naked before this cat went ham on the air vent.. couldn't eem get mad lil buddy was laughing the whole time 
mean.gif
laugh.gif

Back
Top Bottom