• U.S. Cellular

Votes: 0 0.0%
  • Straight Talk

• Other

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .
I'm trying to figure out if I should cop an m8 and sell both of them joints for 400. I work at Verizon too so I'll be seeing people all day that want a new phone off contract. O would have to forfeit my unlimited data tho :frown:

I'm trying to figure out if I should cop an m8 and sell both of them joints for 400. I work at Verizon too so I'll be seeing people all day that want a new phone off contract. O would have to forfeit my unlimited data tho :frown:
lol go with tmobile. I was added to the family plan and 2 lines for 60 bucks, I get unlimited everything plus 3gb of hotspot per line. Joint is not even offered.

m8 is trash imo, has nothing over the s5
Preference.  A lot of people said the same thing when it was S4 vs HTC One,  and after the units actually came out most found the One to be superior.

I know personally, I would rather have the battery life, speakers, speed, fluidness, looks, and BUILD QUALITY of the HTC.  The S5 has more "features", but most of them i would rarely use.    Honestly half of the "features" Samsung advertises are half baked and dont work consistently.  Maybe when the S5 has some time out on the market it will possibly wow me, but after the lukewarm S4, I'll pass for now.  

Now the Note series is a whole nother beast tho...

Last edited:
m8 is trash imo, has nothing over the s5

It looks way better.....Wayyy better. Which means a lot when you're spending 500-700 dollars. Besides, none of these phone are even close to trash anymore. Hell, even the lower-end Moto G is a very good phone. It's like a bunch of smart students taking a non-AP subject, the curve is gunna be at a all time high.

exactly ... so why spend all that money for something that is slightly better than let's say the G2?
Preference again.  Some might not like how it looks.  Some might not like the rear buttons.  Some might not like the UI.  Some just might not yet be able to put their confidence in LG.  Features and specs arent everything.

ok ill take back my comment, the htc m8 isnt trash it is a really good phone but i think it is a level below the s5, yea the metal is better than plastic but specs and features the s5 is a notch above

exactly ... so why spend all that money for something that is slightly better than let's say the G2?
Preference again.  Some might not like how it looks.  Some might not like the rear buttons.  Some might not like the UI.  Some just might not yet be able to put their confidence in LG.  Features and specs arent everything.
Pretty much.

I'm not a fan of the LG or Samsung UI, and while Sense isn't anything amazing, it's better than those two IMO. Sense is the most closely to the Android experience with 6.0, and I like that. Ill rock Sense.

Anybody know what happen to the black version of the M8? I thought Eveleaks leaked a black one, but I only saw Gold, Silver, Gunmetal :nerd:

Last edited:
Pretty much.

I'm not a fan of the LG or Samsung UI, and while Sense isn't anything amazing, it's better than those two IMO. Sense is the most closely to the Android experience with 6.0, and I like that. Ill rock Sense.

Anybody know what happen to the black version of the M8? I thought Eveleaks leaked a black one, but I only saw Gold, Silver, Gunmetal :nerd:
I guess preferences are very different. The options that the LG offer for me are way better than HTC.

Someone is looking to trade their black LG G2 and want a S4 straight swap. I already know the answer, but would you guys do the trade if you had the S4?

Short answer: yes

Long answer: hell yes

And I still believe the G2 competes with the new phones coming out. Battery life alone makes it that much better.. UIs really don't matter to me cause I always end up using nova anyway.. But stock lgs is the most customizable straight out of the box if you wanna rock the stock UI.

I also believe the N5 is still great and I'd be using that if I had it lul.. But a rooted and romd g2 on something like aokp :smokin

Last edited:
My preferences are craftsmanship, UI, and battery. I would personally prefer to pay an extra $50 for a more premium crafted phone than chose something with more feature that's looks less appealing in everyway. That's why I see myself picking the M8 and Z2 over S5. The LG G Pro 2 also looks better because of its simple matte back cover. Can't stand the perforated pattern on the G5.

Can't knock the durability of the Sammy phones.. Plastic but them joints are pretty durable. You don't feel so conscious when you put it down everywhere :lol:

But the build quality of htc products are appreciated they're usually great looking and pretty damb good feeling. Is the S5 still allowing expandable memory? That was always a big plus with Sammy phones.

Can't knock the durability of the Sammy phones.. Plastic but them joints are pretty durable. You don't feel so conscious when you put it down everywhere :lol:

But the build quality of htc products are appreciated they're usually great looking and pretty damb good feeling. Is the S5 still allowing expandable memory? That was always a big plus with Sammy phones.
I believe them and htc allow 128gb sd cards, might be wrong though.

Back
Top Bottom