• U.S. Cellular

Votes: 0 0.0%
  • Straight Talk

• Other

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .
ok ill take back my comment, the htc m8 isnt trash it is a really good phone but i think it is a level below the s5, yea the metal is better than plastic but specs and features the s5 is a notch above

The specs are damn near similar.

Can't knock the durability of the Sammy phones.. Plastic but them joints are pretty durable. You don't feel so conscious when you put it down everywhere :lol:

But the build quality of htc products are appreciated they're usually great looking and pretty damb good feeling. Is the S5 still allowing expandable memory? That was always a big plus with Sammy phones.
I believe them and htc allow 128gb sd cards, might be wrong though.
Well damb m8 if true.. Glad htc came to their senses :nerd:

I'm on the iPhone 5 jail broken right now. If the iPhone 6 isn't at least 4.7 I might make the switch back to android. The G2 had my eye since it dropped so I'm hoping the g3 is just as dope. I had to fall back on phones this year due to saving for a house so I just kept my 5. I just want a bigger screen at this point. Besides the messaging, and the way notifications are handled, both OS's are damn near identical.

Via Androidcentral.com
So yeah. HTC has finally moved to on-screen buttons, getting rid of the awkward back-home scheme and with that that big black band with the HTC logo and — oh, wait. The buttons have moved, but the band is still there. What the hell?

For what it’s worth, HTC says there’s still a good bit of functionality (some of it having to do with the display) tucked back there. So what if it looks a little funny. It’s certainly smarter than anyone who cries “Dat bezel.” We got over this plenty fast and suggest you do, too.
:lol:

Glad HTC released a Google Play Edition. The M8 phone would be sweet for the speakers alone.

However, just got a IPad Air 128gb LTE so I can't justify the cost when my Nexus 5 is meeting my needs.

Anyone know what's up with the nexus 5 MMS? It's kind of pissing me off. I've tried a grip of text apps and none of them work solidly. Sometimes I'll get them. Most of the time I won't. I know for a fact I didn't get a few today and then I had my boy send me a pic to test it out and the damn thing won't download. I got mobile data enabled for MMS always on 8sms.

Im sorry, i need someone to explain the benefits of paying full retail for the phone. The m8 after taxes would come to about 780. Id still be paying the 80 a month plan. So why not just extend a contract and pay 200 now. I wouldnt really be saving anything, except the ease of mind if i wanted to leave Sprint.......right?
That's exactly what I did (upgrade, extend contract).

The choice was easy once I found out that I can still switch to the cheaper Framily offer they have even after "signing a new contract." You're simply obligated to ride out the length of that contract. And btw, the Framily offer isn't contract, therefore no upgrade discounts on phones. The extra hundreds you save in the cheaper plan goes back to Sprint when you pay full retail for the phone.

Anyone know what's up with the nexus 5 MMS? It's kind of pissing me off. I've tried a grip of text apps and none of them work solidly. Sometimes I'll get them. Most of the time I won't. I know for a fact I didn't get a few today and then I had my boy send me a pic to test it out and the damn thing won't download. I got mobile data enabled for MMS always on 8sms.
I've never had many problems receiving MMS outside of when I used Textra.. the stock hangouts worked fine same with 8sms.. so that's weird. 

Have you tried just going back to stock and just using Hangouts and see if MMS works?

Not yet. That's my next step. I haven't actually tried it with 8sms yet. I had to drop evolve because it was doing that too. I'll test it with my roommate's phone when I see him. Apparently this is really common with the nexus 5.

Do you have Wi-Fi enabled? I know that was causing a few problems with thirdparty MMS. Disable it, and the MMS message(s) should come through

Do you have Wi-Fi enabled? I know that was causing a few problems with thirdparty MMS. Disable it, and the MMS message(s) should come through
This is a great suggestion.. I think I remember reading something like this a bit ago.

I was really let down with the M8. I hate the round edges and the camera is not the best.

Build quality is A1 though.

*Patiently waits for Find 7*

Sammy is known for their gimmicks I thought.. that Ultrapixel is a gimmick, same with the 2 camera nonsense. Was watching the MKBHD video on it, meh.. will wait for his full review.

Yeah The One is not for me that is for sure. I guess the camera is the trade off for that aluminum body. It is all about costs man.

Non removable battery is a deal breaker. Galaxy S5 for me.

Couldn't find a better time to leave bunk *** sprint for t-mobile than now.

laugh.gif
Sprint is terrible here too, but better than T-Mobile
mean.gif
Eeesh.. didn't know that was possible 
laugh.gif

Sprint is cool here in Salt Lake City and throughout the Wasatch Front. I was in L.A. last summer and my phone barely worked though. It was pretty bad. Which surprised me.

Yeah The One is not for me that is for sure. I guess the camera is the trade off for that aluminum body. It is all about costs man.

Very true. But these company are still forgetting what makes Apple so successful. Simplicity. They make one device with small variations and thats it for them. Every other manufacturer takes the shotgun approach, and its killing them and killing the populace who just want consistency.

As a company, by releasing 50 different devices in a year, you're wasting resources in trying to shoehorn a device to fit into every small category, where there are 9 or 10 other company's doing the same thing.. Is it worth it selling 1 device to every x amount of users, rather than not cutting corners on your flagship device, and making that one "definitive" device that you offer.

Im not a fanboy, but Apples creates and does what they want, to a standard they set and then do not waver from it. I feel like every single smartphone user has at one time, owned an iphone or endeavors to, yet.. they dont lower prices.. rarely if ever do they go on sale. This is also why the Nexus devices constantly sellout.

I'll never understand it. HTC and Samsung have been guilty of this dating back to Windows Mobile. Its also what made Nokia ultra successful for so long, until Apple came along and stole their business model.

Nope. So far so good with 8sms. Yeah unless the phone has WiFi calling I know you can't receive them over WiFi with no signal.

Very true. But these company are still forgetting what makes Apple so successful. Simplicity. They make one device with small variations and thats it for them. Every other manufacturer takes the shotgun approach, and its killing them and killing the populace who just want consistency.

As a company, by releasing 50 different devices in a year, you're wasting resources in trying to shoehorn a device to fit into every small category, where there are 9 or 10 other company's doing the same thing.. Is it worth it selling 1 device to every x amount of users, rather than not cutting corners on your flagship device, and making that one "definitive" device that you offer.

Im not a fanboy, but Apples creates and does what they want, to a standard they set and then do not waver from it. I feel like every single smartphone user has at one time, owned an iphone or endeavors to, yet.. they dont lower prices.. rarely if ever do they go on sale. This is also why the Nexus devices constantly sellout.

I'll never understand it. HTC and Samsung have been guilty of this dating back to Windows Mobile. Its also what made Nokia ultra successful for so long, until Apple came along and stole their business model.

I agree with everything you said from a flat out business perspective.

I remember saying something like that awhile back and everyone jumped on me :lol:.

I feel like all of these phones hurt them much more than the latter in the long run. All these phones man. Half of them don't get updated properly because they want to push the next version. Just users left in the dust. And the average consumer that is most of the market doesn't switch phones like we do. No wonder why people who go in with an Android phone from two years ago and jump to the iPhone. You can't blame them. Hell the iPhone 4 still works like a charm and has all the proper updates. Even has a camera that still can take better shots than the M7 half of the time.

Last edited:
Back
Top Bottom