• U.S. Cellular

Votes: 0 0.0%
  • Straight Talk

• Other

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .
Been using my M7 for the past few days on a Sense 6 Kit Kat ROM. I have no desire to to back to my G2 at all battery life hasn't been on a G2 level but its been awesome. The M8 with the 801 has comparable and in some instances better than the G2's crazy battery life.
I thought I read the M8s battery life will be better.. Even though it's less mAh

Samsung Updates always been trash ...buggy as hell and also makes the phone laggy with added crappy samsung software...

What cloud services do you guys prefer? I use Onedrive and Google Drive. Probably prefer Onedrive more mostly because of Microsoft Office.

What cloud services do you guys prefer? I use Onedrive and Google Drive. Probably prefer Onedrive more mostly because of Microsoft Office.
Mega or anyone that allows me to encrypt the data first before being uploaded

Last edited:
That review sounds like an ad. It's hard to take most tech sites seriously.

That said, I'll check out the M8 next time I see it in a store and judge for myself.
Not coming from BGR lol.  BGR are notorious Apple fanboys (and idiots sometimes) and usually bash any and everything thats not the iPhone, so fore them to praise the M8 like that is crazy.

im on stock on my n5

dont like cm11 after having it for a few weeks. but how is paranoid android? whats the features?

or aokp?

im thinking about flashing another rom but i dont know about the features those 2 roms have

Im holding out to see how the Oppo find 7 turns out. If it turns out to be good will probably get it, otherwise will get the m8 or s5.

im on stock on my n5

dont like cm11 after having it for a few weeks. but how is paranoid android? whats the features?

or aokp?

im thinking about flashing another rom but i dont know about the features those 2 roms have
I really don't know what feature stock Nexus 5 has but I'm willing to bet the PA ROM is the game exact joint. I like it because is completely bare bones but I don't like the fact that I lost skit of gestures and goodies the stock G2 ROM has.

NT brethens, I switched to a Note 3 from a replacement iPhone 4. I can no longer receive texts from iPhone users.
I already unregistered my number with Apple(through the phone) and my iPhone.
Do you guys know of a more efficient solution to this?
Thanks in ad*****.

Still torn between the M8 and S5 but I think I'm leaning towards the latter. The main reason I want to upgrade from the Nexus 4 is the subpar camera.

M8 looks beautiful but the S5 seems like the safer buy.

NT brethens, I switched to a Note 3 from a replacement iPhone 4. I can no longer receive texts from iPhone users.
I already unregistered my number with Apple(through the phone) and my iPhone.
Do you guys know of a more efficient solution to this?
Thanks in ad*****.

Change your Apple ID password and disable "iMessage" on your iPhone, in about a day everything will work right
My girl had to do that when she went from a 4s to a S4

Last edited:
I just turn off iMessage on my iphone and I can get messages from iphone users.. S5 > m8 based on what they've shown

Last edited:
Still torn between the M8 and S5 but I think I'm leaning towards the latter. The main reason I want to upgrade from the Nexus 4 is the subpar camera.

M8 looks beautiful but the S5 seems like the safer buy.
I don't think the S5 is going to be trash as all the new high end flagship phones are all great, but why do you think that the S5 automatically is the better and safer bet?

Last edited:
He mentions wanting to upgrade from the n4 because the subpar camera.. If he gets the m8 he'll be right where he started with a subpar camera

All of that is subjective.. Outside of build and audio that's for sure but some will prefer the more durable "plastic".. But Sammy undoubtably has em on the camera and battery off the simple fact that it's bigger and removable, might not be a big deal for you but for a lot it is. Same with it being dust and water proof.

Sense and blinkfeed

Last edited:
All of that is subjective.. Outside of build and audio that's for sure but some will prefer the more durable "plastic".. But Sammy undoubtably has em on the camera and battery off the simple fact that it's bigger and removable, might not be a big deal for you but for a lot it is. Same with it being dust and water proof.

Sense and blinkfeed

I wouldn't. It isn't like the S5 is that much worse in other areas. There are trade offs. Touch wiz is whatever but at least it is looking better and is getting faster etc.

I really don't think it is any better or worse than sense. At least it has more features if you decide to use them. I would take the S5 over M8 easy.

But I wouldn't get either. I would get the Z2 if I was looking to get a phone soon. But then I would hold off until the end of the year if sat and thought about it. Note 4, LG G3, and iPhone 6

I can remove blinkfeed off my home screen in a couple of button presses that's a moot point. The battery being bigger and removable means absolutely nothing in the grand scheme of things. Touchwiz is nothing but a bloated, battery draining, and buggy ui. Word to the Note 3 having 3GB of RAM and still having lag issues. The S5's battery life will be crap just like its predecessor's and that's all because Samsung struggles with OS design/functionality.

Sense isn't that much better :lol:

And exactly like I said the removable battery is a huge deal for a lot of people.. Bigger I suppose doesn't matter but removable not being a big deal is :rofl: the bias is too strong.

At the end of the day get what you like since you'll be the one using it. Can't really go wrong either way, I guess.

Last edited:
Back
Top Bottom