• U.S. Cellular

Votes: 0 0.0%
  • Straight Talk

• Other

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .
T-Mobile must have really came up since I had them and left them. I have Verizon now and went to see my speeds via that app and... I'll save my disappointing comparison. I just couldn't keep T-Mobile back before because I was a cross country driver and the coverage just wasn't cutting it.

It allows you to flash custom ROMs, radios, recovery images, etc. A bootloader just refers to what code is executed when the phone starts. Flashing a ROM replaces the factory code.
smile.gif

Don't trade your phone if you're doing that $0 down, $20 a month for your phone bull. You will be breaking the law.
No. There's no way to "hack an app" and get a free subscription to a service like Hulu and Netflix.
roll.gif

You can change how apps look, both icons and general UI, and a plethora of other things. But it depends on a couple of factors. 1. Your device, and its capabilities. 2. Developers, and what sort of customized things have been developed for your device. (Of course, you can become a dev too...but I'm guessing you aren't there quite yet)

Hit YouTube and watch some videos about rooting your Kindle. Once you're familiar, try it.
S4 is trash. Gabage. Get the M8. The G2 is a nice phone, but the M8 is better. Barring some manufacturer errors that might come to light later, the M8 is the superior device.
With time, you'll learn @Superb is to be ignored. The millionaire Apple employee/startup founder/LG G2 fanboy/Loan & Tax expert has a rudimentary understanding of most things.
You can already set .gif images as your lock screen image, but i suppose you want it to be animated too, right? That'd be terrible, considering .gif compression isn't all that great and would be taxing to keep in the memory. We already have live wallpapers. If its that important, just create a live wallpaper. Its not that difficult.
thnx but I did root it already... it isn't jb easy but simple command line nonetheless... I mean I have changed things like ui etc... but so many ppl say android>>ios in terms of custom functionality... but so far I haven't really seen much. I mean moving 3d backgrounds etc... are cool, the visual tweaks and what not are cool for like 5 minutes... Although im not digging the way u have to edit/erase/rename apps..... Although oddly enough I got around that with a tweak that mimics ios. I saw u said u cant hack apps... (that just sucks) but can or is there a way to get like free credits for games? Or enable hacks/cheats for games/apps. Also is there a way to one...use google voice via like siri where I can ask questions and it simply just answers my questions... like I hate it doesn't answer persay as it goes online then lead to a website then goes to w/e question you asked.

Like if I say whats the Miami heat record... Can google now just give me the record w/o having to go to google, then nba.com, then Miami heat home page, then the record. Also can I use google now to do functions on the tablet such as shutdown,restart, clear/erase an app...basic ui functions that normally you would have to do manually?

Another thing is whats a good/some good widgets that does live news and sports feeds? And btw to the person asking bout xbmc.... it sucks on android.... most of the great repos and features don't work...well at least they don't tablet wise.

thnx but I did root it already... it isn't jb easy but simple command line nonetheless... I mean I have changed things like ui etc... but so many ppl say android>>ios in terms of custom functionality... but so far I haven't really seen much. I mean moving 3d backgrounds etc... are cool, the visual tweaks and what not are cool for like 5 minutes... Although im not digging the way u have to edit/erase/rename apps..... Although oddly enough I got around that with a tweak that mimics ios. I saw u said u cant hack apps... (that just sucks) but can or is there a way to get like free credits for games? Or enable hacks/cheats for games/apps. Also is there a way to one...use google voice via like siri where I can ask questions and it simply just answers my questions... like I hate it doesn't answer persay as it goes online then lead to a website then goes to w/e question you asked.

Like if I say whats the Miami heat record... Can google now just give me the record w/o having to go to google, then nba.com, then Miami heat home page, then the record. Also can I use google now to do functions on the tablet such as shutdown,restart, clear/erase an app...basic ui functions that normally you would have to do manually?

Another thing is whats a good/some good widgets that does live news and sports feeds? And btw to the person asking bout xbmc.... it sucks on android.... most of the great repos and features don't work...well at least they don't tablet wise.

Anything that requires a subscription with money is not going to work. However, there are places to get apps that cost money outside of the play store. I won't spell it out for you but just know that Android uses .APK (android app package) files to install applications. You can actually install many of the paid apps on the market from places like XDA, legally, because the devs often test the new releases there before placing them on the Play Store. Stop trying to cheat at games though dude. :lol: get better or find new games.

Update Google Now, if one is available for your device.

I literally asked what's in the search bar with voice activated Google Now. My phone told me, aloud, that the Knicks were 3rd in the Eastern Conference and bolded their record. It doesn't give you a voice response for every command/request, but it works pretty seamlessly for me. Maybe make a Google account if you haven't already? Idk. :lol: And yes there is a way for custom commands http://lifehacker.com/how-to-create-custom-voice-commands-with-tasker-and-aut-1282209195

Google Now works for me widget wise, but just check the market man. They have all kinds of things there, and you know what you like best. I'd imagine ESPN is good for scores as well? Idk. Also, try a new laucher like Nova or Apex and customize the gestures in one of those. Download an app icon themes. Just Google cool stuff to do with your android device :lol:

Last edited:
I literally asked Google the same question before you posted. I just didn't bother to post. I use Google voice for everything and it works great.

ok Google . route hooters in gas lamp district San Diego. my Google navigation pops up and all I have to do is hit navigation.

on Google . set alarm for 7 and it sets it up for the nearest 7 ... if you specify am or pm it will do that to.

ok Google send message to . it brings up the message and you just tell it what you want to send. then say yes.

on Google call ... you get the point .. I'm so spoil that I don't even use anything else.

you can even ask scores and it will tell you score and the next game if they didn't play that day.

Anything that requires a subscription with money is not going to work. However, there are places to get apps that cost money outside of the play store. I won't spell it out for you but just know that Android uses .APK (android app package) files to install applications. You can actually install many of the paid apps on the market from places like XDA, legally, because the devs often test the new releases there before placing them on the Play Store. Stop trying to cheat at games though dude.
laugh.gif
get better or find new games.

Update Google Now, if one is available for your device.

I literally asked what's in the search bar with voice activated Google Now. My phone told me, aloud, that the Knicks were 3rd in the Eastern Conference and bolded their record. It doesn't give you a voice response for every command/request, but it works pretty seamlessly for me. Maybe make a Google account if you haven't already? Idk.
laugh.gif
And yes there is a way for custom commands http://lifehacker.com/how-to-create-custom-voice-commands-with-tasker-and-aut-1282209195

Google Now works for me widget wise, but just check the market man. They have all kinds of things there, and you know what you like best. I'd imagine ESPN is good for scores as well? Idk. Also, try a new laucher like Nova or Apex and customize the gestures in one of those. Download an app icon themes. Just Google cool stuff to do with your android device
laugh.gif
oh yea I got the play store....f-droid repo/tweak app... and yea I got a google account...had one when I signed up for the short lived goggle+. And I just recently updated google now... It did a lot better.. I asked about Miami heat and it said they are currently 1st place then went to web and highlighted the record in the eastern conference bracket... A lot better then before, but still wish it didn't go to the web and just said 54-26 first place etc....

Imma try to get those custom commands. the hacks aren't just for games so much as I like tv and since xbmc kinda sucks... I would like free usage of things like showtime app, other services tv apps ala sprint tv/tmobile tv... etc... things like that. or free Pandora full access... Spotify...or free nba gametime full access things like that...although I would like free points/money for some games I casually play ala like pet saga rescue things like that.

That and whats a good place to get free apps... ala better then the bay where all the pirates hang... or where you go hunt for isos, or the place where they say torrents kickaxx?

I literally asked Google the same question before you posted. I just didn't bother to post. I use Google voice for everything and it works great.

ok Google . route hooters in gas lamp district San Diego. my Google navigation pops up and all I have to do is hit navigation.

on Google . set alarm for 7 and it sets it up for the nearest 7 ... if you specify am or pm it will do that to.

ok Google send message to . it brings up the message and you just tell it what you want to send. then say yes.

on Google call ... you get the point .. I'm so spoil that I don't even use anything else.

you can even ask scores and it will tell you score and the next game if they didn't play that day.
im using google now...am I using the wrong thing cause anytime I press the mic it goes str8 to the google browser... I thought google voice was for phone calling? Again im using a tablet don't know if that makes the difference as oppose to using a phone

im using google now...am I using the wrong thing cause anytime I press the mic it goes str8 to the google browser... I thought google voice was for phone calling? Again im using a tablet don't know if that makes the difference as oppose to using a phone
mmaybe I'm using the wrong name. However if you put anything on the voice command and asked a question for the most part he answers everything.

for example I just ask why was Google Voice and he gave me the entire wiki definition by voice.

btw, im using XBMC and installed mashup, 1channel, icefilms, sportdevil, etc. and I have no problem and can stream just about anything. my problem is when I want to use an external player so I can push it to chromecast then it becomes a little of a pain.

Last edited:
mmaybe I'm using the wrong name. However if you put anything on the voice command and asked a question for the most part he answers everything.

for example I just ask why was Google Voice and he gave me the entire wiki definition by voice.

btw, im using XBMC and installed mashup, 1channel, icefilms, sportdevil, etc. and I have no problem and can stream just about anything. my problem is when I want to use an external player so I can push it to chromecast then it becomes a little of a pain.
im using it but the whole settings etc other things u said like alarm clock it doesn't do any of those things... it just goes str8 to the web... like I pressed it and said change alarm time... It went to google and lead me to a site on how to manually change the alarm time.. Same with settings...it just went online and went to a site about settings. Also looking for a better weather widget...I got yahoo weather but id like a more detailed one like display rain/pollen count... things like that.

Also i think I figured out how to speak notifications.... but it doesn't really speak them like itll just say facebook...or itll say 5 unread emails... Is it a way to get more in-depth like state the sender of said email... Or have it say you received a facebook/twitter etc...message from... "insert name"

that's the screen it goes to when I say something like go to settings or change alarm clock etc... it basically goes here types out what I said and redirects to a link on how/or where the settings/alarm clock/apps etc... is... like if I say open watchespn it doesn't open the app.. it just goes to here or google play and show me where to d/l said app.

that's the screen it goes to when I say something like go to settings or change alarm clock etc... it basically goes here types out what I said and redirects to a link on how/or where the settings/alarm clock/apps etc... is... like if I say open watchespn it doesn't open the app.. it just goes to here or google play and show me where to d/l said app.

Those are commands.

Don't say "change alarm clock".. Say "Set alarm for 8am"

Last edited:
Those are commands.

Don't say "change alarm clock".. Say "Set alarm for 8am"
kinda etting the hang of it I rooted etc... and only had it for a few days.... Now how to do the speak notifications? Like specific notifications ie... like stated earlier... announce not just I have mail but who is the sender... or who specifically sent said message on fb, twitter, etc... Like im comparing it since theyre right next to each other my 5s and my droid tablet... my 5s will for example say like "u" just posted a response in nt, and says the thread title... my droid just says nt notifications and says like ok you have 1,2,3 so on and so forth NT notifications... It repsonds says the same thing ie... You have 5 yahoo emails... You have missed fb messages... etc... Can I get it to say you have a email from such and such... or such and such just left you a fb message... or such and such updated their status?

Anyone here running paranoid android on a N4? Do all the extra features like "halo" cause excessive battery drain? 

Nah. The primary influences to battery life are:

1. Screen time
2. Processor ssettings
3. Battery age

Features like halo shouldn't affect it

kinda etting the hang of it I rooted etc... and only had it for a few days.... Now how to do the speak notifications? Like specific notifications ie... like stated earlier... announce not just I have mail but who is the sender... or who specifically sent said message on fb, twitter, etc... Like im comparing it since theyre right next to each other my 5s and my droid tablet... my 5s will for example say like "u" just posted a response in nt, and says the thread title... my droid just says nt notifications and says like ok you have 1,2,3 so on and so forth NT notifications... It repsonds says the same thing ie... You have 5 yahoo emails... You have missed fb messages... etc... Can I get it to say you have a email from such and such... or such and such just left you a fb message... or such and such updated their status?

Last edited:

oh yea I got the play store....f-droid repo/tweak app... and yea I got a google account...had one when I signed up for the short lived goggle+. And I just recently updated google now... It did a lot better.. I asked about Miami heat and it said they are currently 1st place then went to web and highlighted the record in the eastern conference bracket... A lot better then before, but still wish it didn't go to the web and just said 54-26 first place etc....

Imma try to get those custom commands. the hacks aren't just for games so much as I like tv and since xbmc kinda sucks... I would like free usage of things like showtime app, other services tv apps ala sprint tv/tmobile tv... etc... things like that. or free Pandora full access... Spotify...or free nba gametime full access things like that...although I would like free points/money for some games I casually play ala like pet saga rescue things like that.

That and whats a good place to get free apps... ala better then the bay where all the pirates hang... or where you go hunt for isos, or the place where they say torrents kickaxx?
There is app for full pandora.

Im not posting but I do have it full pandora apk. there was one for NBA gametine, not sure if it works now but I just use my comcast subscription to watch games on my phone

I also have spotify prem until yer 2016 bu tthats a different story

Last edited:
Got it working in about 15 mins :pimp: thanks fam!
No problem my dude ..

So you how are you streaming? I'm able to stream mostly everything but from time to time y2cast starts acting up and/or moliplayer doesn't want to push. Also live joints don't work at least I haven't been able.

Back
Top Bottom