• U.S. Cellular

Votes: 0 0.0%
  • Straight Talk

• Other

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .
What does unlocking your boot loader do?

It allows you to flash custom ROMs, radios, recovery images, etc. A bootloader just refers to what code is executed when the phone starts. Flashing a ROM replaces the factory code. :smile:

Guy wants to trade his G2 for my Nexus being that the bootloader is unlocked. Any questions I should ask him?

Also since I'm on that T-Mobile prepaid phone thing where I pay month by month, would anything negative come of me trading this phone away?

Don't trade your phone if you're doing that $0 down, $20 a month for your phone bull. You will be breaking the law.

im new to this whole android scene...outside of visuals and root privileges what else can I change etc....I have a kindle hdx btw... I mean can you alter change the way apps work... get free credits/features for apps/games... hack apps ala get free hulu etc...?

I am a ios user and well I took one of my girls tablets since she got a ipad for her birthday and had a kindle and since amazon lets you trade in and lets you upgrade more or less tablets... im looking to tweak etc... my hdx...

No. There's no way to "hack an app" and get a free subscription to a service like Hulu and Netflix. :rofl:

You can change how apps look, both icons and general UI, and a plethora of other things. But it depends on a couple of factors. 1. Your device, and its capabilities. 2. Developers, and what sort of customized things have been developed for your device. (Of course, you can become a dev too...but I'm guessing you aren't there quite yet)

Hit YouTube and watch some videos about rooting your Kindle. Once you're familiar, try it.

Having trouble looking past the m8 camera

Going from a GS4 to a LG G2, would I be taking a step back, forward? Staying put?

Wanted a change in scenery from the GS4 and was thinking of m8 or G2. If I wasnt on verizon I'd just get the n5 and call it a day.

S4 is trash. Gabage. Get the M8. The G2 is a nice phone, but the M8 is better. Barring some manufacturer errors that might come to light later, the M8 is the superior device.

What? Do you actually think those apps are scanning your finger print...? :smh: :x :rofl:

With time, you'll learn superb superb is to be ignored. The millionaire Apple employee/startup founder/LG G2 fanboy/Loan & Tax expert has a rudimentary understanding of most things.

will there ever be a way to have a gif as a lock screen?

You can already set .gif images as your lock screen image, but i suppose you want it to be animated too, right? That'd be terrible, considering .gif compression isn't all that great and would be taxing to keep in the memory. We already have live wallpapers. If its that important, just create a live wallpaper. Its not that difficult.

Last edited:
If it hasn't been recommended yet, Yall should pick up a charger case... I use it on my android, it helps make it last longer. If your workin all day or can't find a charger, it's a lifesaver
Was considering buying one for my Nexus 5, how much more would you say you get out of it, and how long does it take for you to charge them both back up to full capacity?
You're gonna be paying for a phone you don't have. If your cool with that then go for it. He could be doing the same but 2 weeks later report the phone stolen and you're stuck with paper weight .

Good afternoon Nt'ers geeks

I got my g2 wet but got another one on the way

Now i have to deal with trying to root kitkat for this phone but I dont think it is possible yet if we are on kitkat already

With time, you'll learn @Superb is to be ignored. The millionaire Apple employee/startup founder/LG G2 fanboy/Loan & Tax expert has a rudimentary understanding of most things.
You can already set .gif images as your lock screen image, but i suppose you want it to be animated too, right? That'd be terrible, considering .gif compression isn't all that great and would be taxing to keep in the memory. We already have live wallpapers. If its that important, just create a live wallpaper. Its not that difficult.
Go away you PEASANT!

I thought I had you ignored

Last edited:
Samples... It does take greattt photos imo hah i swear all the super negative reviews are paid... Its the sameee camera as the M7 everyone was goin nuts over 6 months ago.

The colors are near perfect. Nails the lighting everytime. Effects r fun. No editors needed. Instant edits. Im tellin ya its beyond solid. If ur one of those people that need the besf of the besf thats cool put u better get the nokia or sony. The differences are unappreciable almost for basic ig/fb uploads. 720p vs 1080i
Those photos are Ok,  lots of distortion(noise) on the pics.

I like how the one pic background is blurred I wonder if there is a app for that

Samples... It does take greattt photos imo hah i swear all the super negative reviews are paid... Its the sameee camera as the M7 everyone was goin nuts over 6 months ago.

The colors are near perfect. Nails the lighting everytime. Effects r fun. No editors needed. Instant edits. Im tellin ya its beyond solid. If ur one of those people that need the besf of the besf thats cool put u better get the nokia or sony. The differences are unappreciable almost for basic ig/fb uploads. 720p vs 1080i

Those photos are Ok,  lots of distortion(noise) on the pics.

I like how the one pic background is blurred I wonder if there is a app for that

the pictures are fine.

im new to this whole android scene...outside of visuals and root privileges what else can I change etc....I have a kindle hdx btw... I mean can you alter change the way apps work... get free credits/features for apps/games... hack apps ala get free hulu etc...?

I am a ios user and well I took one of my girls tablets since she got a ipad for her birthday and had a kindle and since amazon lets you trade in and lets you upgrade more or less tablets... im looking to tweak etc... my hdx...

Yes.

Yo .. Is the Sony Google TV as good as the gbox? Can you also lead XBMC on them?
would like to know this as well 
nerd.gif

ive been eyeing the nsz-gt1 

would like to know this as well 
nerd.gif

ive been eyeing the nsz-gt1 
Google Tv is a general term for like how we call cable...Google tv is built in to certain boxes..if it is hackable then yes it is just as good but from reading I dont think so

Last edited:
Tmobile doing it big again

3 day unleashes

Day 1 of 3:

T-Mobile On a Roll Again with Multiple Initiatives ... First with the Launch of its All-New "Simple Starter Plan" $40 plans unlimited text talk and 500mb data

http://newsroom.t-mobile.com/phoenix.zhtml?c=251624&p=irol-newsArticle&ID=1917226&highlight=

Day 2 of 3:

T-Mobile Unleashes You to Experience Tablets Beyond the Wi-Fi Zone —
For Free
. T-Mobile becomes the only major national carrier or retailer offering LTE tablets for the price of Wi-Fi-only models. And now get free data through 2014 when you add tablets to your voice plans.

http://newsroom.t-mobile.com/phoenix.zhtml?c=251624&p=irol-newsArticle&ID=1917639&highlight=

3rd day will be Monday but what is expected it is buy now pay 1 year later on Tablets

Last edited:
Back
Top Bottom