• U.S. Cellular

Votes: 0 0.0%
  • Straight Talk

• Other

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .
Is it still worth it to cop the Nexus 5? Should I wait for the LG G3?

Still truckin' with my S3

I have a S3 right now as well, had it since release date......if i was you i'd wait for the G3, thats what im doing.

Don't worry, the time will fly by lol just hold on to this trusty s3 for a few more months.

We are so close to the new phones id wait.. Even though I love the N5 at least wait and see if the new ones are gonna offer something :wow: .. If you're not impressed just cop the n5, that way you don't regret not waiting if they're all amazing :lol:

I have a S3 right now as well, had it since release date......if i was you i'd wait for the G3, thats what im doing.

Don't worry, the time will fly by lol just hold on to this trusty s3 for a few more months.
Im in the same boat as well. That one plus looks amazing

I should probably know this, but is there a way for me to root my Nexus 5 and not unlock the bootloader? I want to stay on stock rom, and continue to get OTA updates from Google, but would like to use some apps that require root. Is this possible?

word imma see if i can hop onto android central or android authority and cop an invite. i hate that i have to do that, but for $400 it might very well be worth it

I should probably know this, but is there a way for me to root my Nexus 5 and not unlock the bootloader? I want to stay on stock rom, and continue to get OTA updates from Google, but would like to use some apps that require root. Is this possible?

I think if you OTA it unroots it.

Nope.

Can't have your cake and eat it too.

Last edited:
Anyone with the M8 want to give an update on how they're liking the phone? My upgrade is this Friday so I'm going to test drive the M8 and if I don't like it I'll pay the restocking fee.
I'll let you know after a few days with this 3rd M8. So far, not so good. Both previous devices couldn't make or receive phone calls/texts. Part of the blame goes to Sprint for that.

Otherwise, it's an awesome device. Coming from an S3, I thought the phone would feel gigantic in my hand, but it's just right.

nexusae0_15_thumb5.png

What up blood.

ahh i posted that before i saw the previous page. just signed up

thanks for the info dudes! definite cop
Signed up as well. I hate this whole exclusivity mind set that seems to be coming from the shoe industry. Will there be a normal supply after initial release?

with my hotspot on transferring a gig of pictures and video to my Google drive.

Last edited:
Is anybody having issues with their G2 overheating? I usually leave it under my pillow fully charged so the alarm can wake me up. But lately I have been noticing that it's been getting hot for no reason and when I wake up my battery went from 100% down to 80%.
Dude you got it under a pil
Man I thought t mobile was suppose to be cheap.

Where is this 50 dollar unlimited plan?

I think my Verizon Note 3 is will work.
Selected Plan

[sup]$[/sup] 50 per month

Plus taxes, fees and monthly device payment

• Unlimited talk, text & data while on our network
  • Up to 1 GB of 4G LTE data (Speeds reduced after 1 GB)
  • Unlimited data & text in 120+ countries & destinations
Yea they have those plans!
a few gigs while streaming in the car?!?
eek.gif
what are you streaming 1080p HD Netflix videos, with pandora and spotify in the background?
I dont see how.. When i stream music it barely hit 1 gig in a month

Lol dude dont got home internet. Had a partna like this. Usin 60 gigs a month hahah if he coulda ran his ps3 off the hotspot he prolly woulda hah

Homie was right. 95% or higher of ppl use less than 3 gigs a month. I know you can say this is because theyre capped or whatever but i nean really how much do you travel that you need to be streamin like that

Nope.

Couldnt you just get the OTA then root it again afterwards?

Lol dude dont got home internet. Had a partna like this. Usin 60 gigs a month hahah if he coulda ran his ps3 off the hotspot he prolly woulda hah

Homie was right. 95% or higher of ppl use less than 3 gigs a month. I know you can say this is because theyre capped or whatever but i nean really how much do you travel that you need to be streamin like that

I used to tether my ps3 and play black ops back in the day :lol:

Nope.

Couldnt you just get the OTA then root it again afterwards?

Yeah, but why not just root and flash the update yourself?

Last edited:
Back
Top Bottom