Votes: 0 0.0%
  • Other

Votes: 0 0.0%

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .
Well now my Group or pic Messages arent working with Hangouts
mean.gif
. Came as quick as it went.

Gonna try the new Hangouts for a few days and see if I like it.

I wish it had themes. I dont like white backgrounds for most things. 
nexusae0_thumbnail_thumb.jpg

The Merging is cool, but only two people I know actually use hangouts anyways. It has the potential to jump off if hangouts becomes the dominant messaging app, but would really take over if for some reason people abandoned imessage for it (Which will never happen)

The group messaging seems to work better though. Way less dropped messages. Performance wise its on par with Textra, but doenst have nearly as many of the bells and whistles

BOTH APPS NEED WORD SEARCH BADLY
I actually keep stock messaging on my phones for that sole purpose. I dont delete texts often and I sometimes go back and read what people said for proof.

the reason iMessage is so successful is because you don't have to download anything its just there, no need to add friends,download apps, etc. IDK why google just doesn't do the same thing for hangouts, its almost as if they don't even believe in their own product.

Well I'm fed up with this. Saw that a bunch of people were having the APN issues with Hangouts and Textra does message compression.

Textra>>>>>>>>>

I'm on Sprint with my HTC one m7 and I have been using hangouts with no problems for a few months now with no problems. Just yesterday, my MMS and group messages stopped working. I didn't chang any settings or update to 2.1 before the problems happened. All my group texts come in that individuals text thread now saying "tap to download MMS" and they wont load no matter what. My data is always on so it can't be that. Like I said, group text and MMS messages were working 100% fine until yesterday. I updated hangouts to 2.1 today, but that didn't fix anything either. If anyone else had this happen to them and can help me out, it would be greatly appreciated. Thank you!

Well I'm fed up with this. Saw that a bunch of people were having the APN issues with Hangouts and Textra does message compression.

Textra>>>>>>>>>
Yup. Went back to textra after a day with hangouts. I need the customization and hated hangouts whitebackground 

@vtotheinay  thats exactly what happened to me. Said screw this and went back to textra. 
laugh.gif
 I think there was another update today so maybe it fixed it?

Yup. Went back to textra after a day with hangouts. I need the customization and hated hangouts whitebackground 

@vtotheinay
 thats exactly what happened to me. Said screw this and went back to textra. :lol:  I think there was another update today so maybe it fixed it?

nope downloaded that one too and it didnt do jack. anytime i tried to send a group text or pic message since yesterday when it broke, everyone complained they were getting my message 20+ times even though i only sent it once and hangouts told me it failed :x. sucks cause i love hangouts and it was working flawlessly for months. :smh:

I'm on Sprint with my HTC one m7 and I have been using hangouts with no problems for a few months now with no problems. Just yesterday, my MMS and group messages stopped working. I didn't chang any settings or update to 2.1 before the problems happened. All my group texts come in that individuals text thread now saying "tap to download MMS" and they wont load no matter what. My data is always on so it can't be that. Like I said, group text and MMS messages were working 100% fine until yesterday. I updated hangouts to 2.1 today, but that didn't fix anything either. If anyone else had this happen to them and can help me out, it would be greatly appreciated. Thank you!
This is exactly what is happening to me. Well at least now I know it's Googles fault.

This is exactly what is happening to me. Well at least now I know it's Googles fault.

what service are you with? ive been doing some research and it seems a majority of the people that had this happen recently are almost all on sprint. :smh:

^ well damn haha. did your work initially then stop or just never worked?
group texts worked for a day. Then the next day I stopped getting them and was asking me that download thing you mentioned. Had an LTE connection too. Def on Google's side...
mean.gif

group texts worked for a day. Then the next day I stopped getting them and was asking me that download thing you mentioned. Had an LTE connection too. Def on Google's side...:smh:

this blows man. it was awesome when it worked too. but ill probably have to go back to stock messages now and that app lags so bad when i try to use group messaging :rolleyes regular SMS is fine with stock and pic messaging but group texts moves like a snail loading up the group thread.

what service are you with? ive been doing some research and it seems a majority of the people that had this happen recently are almost all on sprint. :smh:
I'm on T-Mobile too. I downloaded the new hangouts today and could send pics just fine, but couldn't receive anything.

I got one back and forth exchange between group texts before I started getting the error.

Textra works great for me with the group messaging system.

I'll give hangouts another shot once they fix it

Just turned hangouts back on and now it's working. Let's see how long this lasts.

Last edited:
I've been using Hangouts for about 4 months and ALWAYS had the "tap to download mms" crap come up......got the update two days ago and changed the MMS setting to "Auto d/l MMS" and now I have no problems.... im on Sprint btw S3

I'm on T-Mobile too. I downloaded the new hangouts today and could send pics just fine, but couldn't receive anything.

I got one back and forth exchange between group texts before I started getting the error.

Textra works great for me with the group messaging system.

I'll give hangouts another shot once they fix it

just tried again. pic messaging is working but group text is still busted :rolleyes

edit: my phone says the pic message sent fine, but my brother JUST texted me saying the picture came to him 20 times :lol:

I've been using Hangouts for about 4 months and ALWAYS had the "tap to download mms" crap come up......got the update two days ago and changed the MMS setting to "Auto d/l MMS" and now I have no problems.... im on Sprint btw S3

i have auto retreive set. always have. even when i tap to download it wont download anymore since yesterday smh

Last edited:
So this OnePlus smash your phone thing. The phone doesn't release until the end of May, the promotion starts tomorrow. Will these 100 people get their phone a full month before the release? If so, that is a really bad *** promotion.

**** is stupid. Who is in charge over there? A fourteen year old? Eff you I'll sell my phone at my own leisure and not go phone less. Might be a nice phone but they have dinner clowns in marketing.

1080x175.jpeg.b5c98970ae42013121eb22000a658c96.large

This was a feature I was going to say they need to add, good job. Its on track to being iMessage light.

Group messages stopped working again. I'm off it now, it will get another chance when they fix it

Last edited:
super clutch, literally besides cameras the only reason I still use iPhones, outside of that you can accomplish the same stuff on any OS

Only 2 things keeping me. And once the screen get bigger, there is no reason.

The ONE looks :wow: though. How they kept their costs that low is beyond me though. Accounting scandal in our near future :lol:

Back
Top Bottom