Votes: 0 0.0%
  • Straight Talk

• Other

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .
hmmm...let me look this up. Thanks.

Would you recommend imediashare over something like AllCast or Avia??
I use Avia and is simple ...

Set up Google Chromecast > Open Shoebox > Select Movie/Show to watch > Select Media Player (Avia) > Once it opens up Hit the stream to Chromecast icon > DONE! Make sure you are on the same network. Allcast is buggy and you have to do extra steps ... I use Avia for Shoebox and for XBMC.
This requires you to save the media to your phone or no?

Showbox is all streaming so no.. but you do have the option to save the movie/show to your phone but not sure why you'd want to do that.

Well I guess its time to buy a Chromecast.

Reading the app description now, I have to pay 3.99 for Chromecast support? Its not a big deal, but I just want to make sure I'm doing everything right.

Last edited:
hmmm...let me look this up. Thanks.

Would you recommend imediashare over something like AllCast or Avia??
I use Avia and is simple ...

Set up Google Chromecast > Open Shoebox > Select Movie/Show to watch > Select Media Player (Avia) > Once it opens up Hit the stream to Chromecast icon > DONE! Make sure you are on the same network. Allcast is buggy and you have to do extra steps ... I use Avia for Shoebox and for XBMC.

Ok cool. I'll take a look at that as well. Thanks a lot.

Really surprised no one posted anything about this (unless I'm bugging and totally missed it); I thought the fellas in here would be all over this "one", pun intended. Beast specs x unlocked x Cyanogenmod x $349 for a 64gb option. Looks promising.

http://oneplus.net/

http://www.theverge.com/2014/4/23/5642810/oneplus-one-smartphone-official

http://www.theverge.com/2014/4/25/5...s-one-smartphone-compared-nexus-5-oppo-n1-blu

carver carver Oh sit. Thanks dude, I went back a few but didn't see anything.

I said, "I KNOW these guys had to have discussed this already." Searched it and everything, nothing came back. Definitely going to see what the buzz has been.

Yeah, it's something that you really can't pass up. $349 for those stats are unheard of.. the closest is the Nexus line but I think this surpasses it. The only thing holding me back is the 5.5 size.. but man everything else is too juicy to pass up 
laugh.gif
 if the camera is good.. it's a wrap

Welp..
Finally got my KK update for da Flex.

I'm back to loving this phone again. :pimp:

Nappyfone season has returned
(*Cue hate me now intro*)

laugh.gif

Yeah, camera isn't important to many folks.. my phone is my only camera, and I'd like it to take good photos every time I pull it out for a quick point and shoot picture.. I blow up some pictures and hang em up.. I got a quite a few of my little boy around the house blown up in a frame.

Last edited:
keko jones keko jones

To each their own. I'm not a real big camera buff, but I love having the power of a DSLR in my pocket. When I do decide to shoot like if I'm on a vacation, family party, or going downtown this guy is clutch especially in dark lighting. You can only do so much with a camera phone and this bridged the gap between lugging around a DSLR and having to use a camera phone. I'm a big tech nerd and the engineering of this camera still has me in awe to this day.

@craver

See if the camera meets your needs then that's all you need. What phone do you own btw?

*I own the RX-100 M1, which is the first version.

keko jones keko jones

To each their own. I'm not a real big camera buff, but I love having the power of a DSLR in my pocket. When I do decide to shoot like if I'm on a vacation, family party, or going downtown this guy is clutch especially in dark lighting. You can only do so much with a camera phone and this bridged the gap between lugging around a DSLR and having to use a camera phone. I'm a big tech nerd and the engineering of this camera still has me in awe to this day.

@craver

See if the camera meets your needs then that's all you need. What phone do you own btw?

*I own the RX-100 M1, which is the first version.
I understand what you mean. I'm just giving you **** because I shoot with a full frame and I'm not into point and shoot cameras. But that's a good camera ...

Just like you said, not everyone want to be hauling two devices and stuff.

keko jones keko jones

Agreed, we all have our different needs. However I think for majority of people a DSLR is overkill, which is why I try to advocate them to get something like the RX100 or Canon J1.

I'm using the iPhone 5 currently.. After going through all the high end android phones and even the 5s I ended with the N5 and and i5.. When my bros note died he asked if I got an extra phone for him.. He hates iPhones with a passion :lol: an didn't want the G2 that has a cracked screen.. It hurt to give up the N5 but I can always buy a new one and he helped me out so much when I first moved up here I have no problems giving him anything cause he has done the same for me.

Last edited:
keko jones keko jones

Agreed, we all have our different needs. However I think for majority of people a DSLR is overkill, which is why I try to advocate them to get something like the RX100 or Canon J1.
canon j1? Mean Nikon J1 right? Also how can you go from an rx-100 to a J1 a Canon G series would be more comparable.

Oops yes Nikon is what I meant. Yeah and you're right haha when I bought the RX-100 the J1 was one of my other options, so I'm not really up to date on the current state of point and shoots. The price point at the time though was $650 for the RX-100 and $300-$400 for the J1 since they were phasing out that model.

I'm using the iPhone 5 currently.. After going through all the high end android phones and even the 5s I ended with the N5 and and i5.. When my bros note died he asked if I got an extra phone for him.. He hates iPhones with a passion :lol: an didn't want the G2 that has a cracked screen.. It hurt to give up the N5 but I can always buy a new one and he helped me out so much when I first moved up here I have no problems giving him anything cause he has done the same for me.

Haha I've always wanted to try out a Nexus, but every time a new one drops I'm in the middle of a 2 year plan. Having the iPhone 5 isn't such a bad thing either way haha. I still have mine and the lock button is going out. :smh: Thankfully Apple's offering to replace them at no cost. When I'm done with nursing school at the end of this year. I'll get to buy more toys, when I start working.

Nice nice..and you are right It's not bad at all. That's why I have no problems waiting on all the new phones before I jump on one of em.. I also have no doubt in my mind I will buy the oneplus when it's openly available to everyone. The value is too good to pass up for me. Even if I end up not feeling it I will keep it for a backup device to whichever one I choose

Last edited:
Yeah, it's something that you really can't pass up. $349 for those stats are unheard of.. the closest is the Nexus line but I think this surpasses it. The only thing holding me back is the 5.5 size.. but man everything else is too juicy to pass up :lol:  if the camera is good.. it's a wrap

Same here. That 5.5" frame has me like "ehhhhh...", but everything else seems crazy, design included. I currently am holding on to my Nexus 4, and I really don't want to get a phone much bigger than that; I think this is the ideal size for me. Perhaps OnePlus will drop a smaller 4.7" model, same specs? One can only dream.

Also, in regards to the camera, they're saying a lot of positive things, as I'm sure you heard:

http://www.phonearena.com/news/OnePlus-One-camera-samples-compared-to-Nikon-D3100_id55362

It's going to be interesting. This might be somewhat of a game changer.

For the Avia, the full version cost $3.99 but of you search around the internet you can fund a full .apk version.

Yeah, it's something that you really can't pass up. $349 for those stats are unheard of.. the closest is the Nexus line but I think this surpasses it. The only thing holding me back is the 5.5 size.. but man everything else is too juicy to pass up :lol:  if the camera is good.. it's a wrap

This, I'm apprehensive about the screen size cause I feel like 5.5 is too big, 4.8-5 is perfect. But the specs and the price ...... Might just had to adapt.

Last edited:
Back
Top Bottom