Votes: 0 0.0%
  • Other

Votes: 0 0.0%

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .
 [h1]HTC One (M8) Prime purported specifications include QHD display[/h1]
07 May, 2014 | Comments (62)  | Post your comment

Tags: HTCAndroidRumors

The first rumor of the upcoming HTC One (M8) Prime has hit the web. The Prime, which is believed to be the codename for the One (M8) Max (or One Max 2, if you like), is rumored to pack the company's first QHD display.

gsmarena_001.jpg

More specifically, the screen size is going to be 5.5" and the QHD resolution means the pixel density will be the cool 534 ppi. Under the hood of the phone is reportedly going to be a beastly Snapdragon 805 APQ8084 SoC with a quad-core Krait CPU, 3GB of RAM and 16GB of storage.

According to the specs source, who is claimed to be reliable in the past by the Japanese blog that cites it, the One (M8) Prime would feature Qualcomm’s latest MDM9x35 multimode modem. In addition to its 300Mbps downlink, it is capable of superior carrier aggregation - 40 MHz for FDD Category 6 and LTE TDD.

Additionally, the rumor suggests that HTC would continue to use its dual-camera setup found on the One (M8)  in the Prime, too. The main snapper will be allegedly have an 18MP sensor and there will be an 5MP camera on top of it for depth and better out-of-focus shots.

The phone is speculated to become official in September. Currently, the specifications are based on a prototype unit that HTC is testing out. We're yet to see what the Prime would actually look like.

Source  | Via

it drains the battery tho. I left it because of that and it has bloat

I got rid of all the extra stuff myself... Battery has been ok for me so far as well

Are you still on Dr87's stock rom?

Is there a way for icon sets to be used across the whole system and not have to enable then manually?

For example, I use a sidebar app and I have to manually change the icon to the custom icon set icon... Is there a way that when I add the app to the sidebar it gives me the custom icon automatically?

Last edited:
so anyone nice enough to give me some insight on how to bypass the tmobile 5gb hotspot limit? thanks

I got rid of all the extra stuff myself... Battery has been ok for me so far as well

Are you still on Dr87's stock rom?

Is there a way for icon sets to be used across the whole system and not have to enable then manually?

For example, I use a sidebar app and I have to manually change the icon to the custom icon set icon... Is there a way that when I add the app to the sidebar it gives me the custom icon automatically?

How do I use sidebar anyways? I think the dev may have removed it from this stock debilitated rom

The sidebar app I'm using is from the play store... Its called "Sidebar Pro", really good app and well worth the $2... The creator of the app's name is Mohammed Adib

You just slide out the bar from the right or left side of the screen and you have whatever apps you want as shortcuts... Easier to multitask with

[h1]LG's 5.5" QHD display enters production ahead of G3 launch[/h1]
08 May, 2014 | Comments (16)  | Post your comment

Tags: LGAndroid

LG Display has just had its latest AH-IPS LCD panel certified by NEMKO - electronic products certification authority. LG has also announced the company will be ready to mass produce the 5.5" QHD panels shortly.

The various  rumors  through the past few weeks suggest the upcoming LG G3  flagship will indeed feature a 5.5" QHD display and LG has just confirmed that too. According to the press release the certification"comes shortly before the new Quad HD LCD panel will be unveiled with the forthcoming LG's flagship smartphone to be launched in the first half of the year".

gsmarena_003.jpg

The 5.5" IPS panel has a resolution of 2560 x 1440 pixels, which makes out for the amazing 538ppi. The panel is super slim with just 1.2mm of thickness and has a 1.15mm bezel. LG also promises the same brightness levels as the Full HD panels, thanks to enhancements in the pixel structure and LTPS backplane.

gsmarena_002.jpg

So, the QHD-packing LG G3 is going to be announced on May 27  and now we know it will be available by the end of June. Hopefully LG won't encounter any production bottlenecks.

:x

So glad I didn't use my upgrade yet

These "prime" handsets from HTC and Samsung are completely spiiting in the face of all the previous version adopters.

Props to good guy LG

Last edited:
only way i know how is to root and get a custom ROM.
Can also be accomplished through Smali edits as well, so you only really need root. Unfortunately, the edits are a case-by-case basis depending on phone model and carrier, so there's not really a catch all solution.

I'm posting this for some of the more advanced users, in case they want to bypass the limit but don't want to sacrifice the stock experience.

Last edited:
just spent a cool 40 minutes fixing my supersu binary :stoneface:

are you guys using themers/extensions to use custom icons? is there a standalone app I can get that can replace things individually? point me in the right direction.

Running stock rooted 4.4.2 on an N4. kinda interested in Cyano and Paranoid though (dem pie controls) so if one of those would be a better move Ima just rock with that.

just spent a cool 40 minutes fixing my supersu binary :stoneface:

are you guys using themers/extensions to use custom icons? is there a standalone app I can get that can replace things individually? point me in the right direction.

Running stock rooted 4.4.2 on an N4. kinda interested in Cyano and Paranoid though (dem pie controls) so if one of those would be a better move Ima just rock with that.

I use Apex as my launcher. You can change individual app icons for your home screens using that. Lots of different icons can be found here:

http://www.deviantart.com/?qh=&section=&global=1&q=android+app+icons&offset=0

The bezel is non existent 
sick.gif
 I wouldn't feel safe holding that thing I like to roll naked too.

The bezel is non existent :x  I wouldn't feel safe holding that thing I like to roll naked too.

It's there, you just can't see it because the screen isn't lit. There isn't much of one though!

Here's a picture of the Japanese counterpart (Isai) that was just announced today.

the screen...

Ok the top pic looks makes it look a lot better.. I looked at the gold and assumed that was all screen 
laugh.gif
embarassed.gif

Agree they could have went smaller.. but if you felt the G2 it was a 5.2 and felt really good in the hands comfort wise and not massive like a Note feels.

Last edited:
Success I had to pay $35 restocking fee,but got the phone for $99.
pimp.gif
nice. You might want to check but I think most providers have a rule if they have a promotion on your phone right after you buy it, they will refund the difference to you and you do not have to pay the restocking fee

Last edited:
For everyone that's on Kit Kat, do I have to root it to transfer files to the external SD? Why the hell did they even put an external SD if I can't write to it? :rolleyes

Back
Top Bottom