• Straight Talk

Votes: 0 0.0%
  • Other

Votes: 0 0.0%

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .
I'm so jealous of yall that have your S6's already 
mad.gif
.  I did my preorder through BestBuy to get the free wireless charger, so i cant pick mine up until Friday 
mean.gif

walked into a tmobile today, was waiting to speak with a rep, decided to mess around with s6. for sure, the phone feels great. best galaxy s phone yet, by far. it def feels like quality was considered, and it really feels premium. fragile tho, as both sides are glass.

i think what i was most impressed with is the touchwiz with lollipop. i think it was 5.0.2 (or 1 i can't recall), but man is it smooth. software seems to run as fast as a stock nexus. specifically its def been toned down. the menus look more simplified, and cleaner, and material design seems to be almost everywhere.

obv stuff like the camera and screen were on point, as to be expected from samsung, so i don't need to really dwell on that.

i walked away impressed with the new 5.0.2 touchwiz and really look forward to getting that on my note 4 (tmobile :smh:)

[COLOR=#red]The biggest Android upgrade was from Eclair to Froyo. I remember upgrading early with my OG Nexus. It's been pretty incremental since then. [/COLOR]

Guys, a little help here. I may have a good deal lined up for a Note 4, but I've heard there's fakes or 'replicas' floating around. What should I be looking for? How easy can you spot a fake? Also, I've read on here there's an issue with the camera focusing, what should I do to test it out?

Thanks.

Guys, a little help here. I may have a good deal lined up for a Note 4, but I've heard there's fakes or 'replicas' floating around. What should I be looking for? How easy can you spot a fake? Also, I've read on here there's an issue with the camera focusing, what should I do to test it out?

Thanks.
IDK about the replica thing but all you have to do to test the camera is open the camera app and leave it be. If it stays blurry for 15-30 seconds attempting to focus then its got the issue.

Mines doing it less and less these days though

Last edited:

Thanks Anti, just did a google search on the replica thing, and of course it's a replica. Something told me it was too good to be true.

Last edited by a moderator:

Thanks.

Quick question. Is there anyway for music purchased through Google Play on a phone, to be burned on to a CD?

Fake Cell phones? For real? Do they even match up performance wise? Whats the benefit of making them?

Fake Cell phones? For real? Do they even match up performance wise? Whats the benefit of making them?

Just by that video posted, seems like there's performance differences. Ripping people off is the only benefit in my eyes, they are flooded on my local CL :smh:

[COLOR=#red]The biggest Android upgrade was from Eclair to Froyo. I remember upgrading early with my OG Nexus. It's been pretty incremental since then. [/COLOR]

I'd say that Gingerbread to Ice Cream Sandwich felt major too. ICS to Jellybean was more incremental, but I remember the performance difference feeling great there too.

yea i never heard of fake phones...unless we talking about rip offs. back in the early iphone days, china used to str8 up xerox those phones...word miezu. china did have fake apple stores..that was real life.

i can say samsung was kind of on that rip off steez too. early on they, when they jumped on the android wagon, they wanted to cut into that iphone market, so they made a phone that had similar looking icons, and a home button. early android never looked like that nor was it designed for a home button.

kind of digressing here, but...opinion...would android be nothing without samsung mobile, or would samsung mobile be nothing without android?

I'd say that Gingerbread to Ice Cream Sandwich felt major too. ICS to Jellybean was more incremental, but I remember the performance difference feeling great there too.

agreed. lollipop is the biggest overhaul in a while tho no? i mean visually, and just a reorganization and retooling of gestures, drop down menus, etc.

Not sure if that leather back g4 is standard or a premium version but I'm interested. I feel like lg is gonna level the playing feel with this release. The g3 was great, o just think build quality and cheesy animations held it back. It just didn't feel sturdy.

Hopefully can refine there software period. Heard stories about the G2 crapping out and the G3 being buggy.

The biggest Android upgrade was from Eclair to Froyo. I remember upgrading early with my OG Nexus. It's been pretty incremental since then.
Yea you're right, that Gingerbread --> [Honeycomb}--->ICS was big as well.  The biggest performance jump also.  Followed by ICS to Jellybean which was when Google finally started taking performance seriously.

Hopefully can refine there software period. Heard stories about the G2 crapping out and the G3 being buggy.
Yea the G2s were hit or miss.  All of my friend's G2s were perfect, but i've heard a few stories from others.  If you had a non crappy G2 (crappy ones were rare anyway) you was in good shape.  The G3 is a different story though.  Had so much potential but I feel like LG took on more hardware than they could handle with that one.  LG just isnt the best with optimizing for hardware (GFlex 2  vs M9 on the same 810 chip for example).

Yea the G2s were hit or miss.  All of my friend's G2s were perfect, but i've heard a few stories from others.  If you had a non crappy G2 (crappy ones were rare anyway) you was in good shape.  The G3 is a different story though.  Had so much potential but I feel like LG took on more hardware than they could handle with that one.  LG just isnt the best with optimizing for hardware (GFlex 2  vs M9 on the same 810 chip for example).

Yeah I hear you, hardware optimization is something that HTC, Apple, and Moto is great at with Samsung catching up. LG better get with the program.

Not sure if that leather back g4 is standard or a premium version but I'm interested. I feel like lg is gonna level the playing feel with this release. The g3 was great, o just think build quality and cheesy animations held it back. It just didn't feel sturdy.
Feel like leather sounds like a bad idea for heat dissipation. Wonder how that'll play out. 

Back
Top Bottom