• U.S. Cellular

Votes: 0 0.0%
  • Straight Talk

• Other

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .
i really don't understand the appeal of a wireless charger. 

its pretty whatever to me too, but i did see a youtube reviewer point out a good use of it. he said he buys the portable mini wireless charger for when he doesnt have time to plug in, throws the charger and phone in his pocket and it charges while he runs around and does what he has to do. thought that was pretty cool.

It's just easier and more convenient. Plugging it in isn't necessarily a hassle, but just lying it down requires even less effort.

Just seems gimmicky. The technology is impressive but it seems pointless.

Think about it this way; if the charging mat was the OG way of charging phones, and then someone came up with the plug in charger this year, everyone would be stoked "oh my god now i can pick my phone up and use it while its charging at the same time, incredible and way more convenient!"

Last edited:
Just seems gimmicky. The technology is impressive but it seems pointless.

Think about it this way; if the charging mat was the OG way of charging phones, and then someone came up with the plug in charger this year, everyone would be stoked "oh my god now i can pick my phone up and use it while its charging at the same time, incredible and way more convenient!"
I mean it's just a convenience option. Like set it on the mat when you sleep, save like 20 seconds of getting the cord and plugging it in or smth. Kinda like when TV remotes replaced walking up and manually clicking the TV buttons. Not necessarily 'useful', just saves time. Tbh makes more sense for charging mobile battery packs cause of what you said, can't use your phone at the same time and what not. 

Dunno if anyone else is a part of this but I received a G4 from LG to test its camera out.

The cam is seriously the best camera I've ever used on a phone. I have a Nikon D3200 and the photos are damn near comparable.

Gonna post some photos once I get this thing back on wifi (Not 4G capable as of yet.) but the phone itself is pretty awesome. Would definitely use it as a daily driver.

Bruh...

This zenfone is basura...

Cop an nexus 4 if you need a backup phone.

I'm pissed I spent $200 on this.. Gonan try and flip and cop a nexus 4 for da backup... because this phone aint gonna cut it.

Bruh...

I'm pissed I spent $200 on this.. Gonan try and flip and cop a nexus 4 for da backup... because this phone aint gonna cut it.
What'd you really expect tho, fam? 
laugh.gif

Bruh...

Need a little more detail 
laugh.gif

I didn't expect it to be much.. but what makes the N4 better than it 
nerd.gif

[COLOR=#red]Everybody is entitled to their opinion. If he thinks it's gimmicky than it's gimmicky because that's how he feels about it.

I no longer challenge people about their smartphone opinions, it's whatever. [/COLOR]

Everybody is entitled to their opinion. If he thinks it's gimmicky than it's gimmicky because that's how he feels about it.

I no longer challenge people about their smartphone opinions, it's whatever.
Nah man, I'm gonna need a couple paragraphs about Samsung's innovation in the wireless charging department on my desk before Thursday. 

Bruh...

Fill us in bro, wtf happened, and do you think it's because its a 2gb RAM?

If it sucks than I'll try out the Alcatel Idol 3

Last edited:
Might be the Intel chip being incapable with certain apps since android is centered around a conventional mobile chip architecture.

Everybody is entitled to their opinion. If he thinks it's gimmicky than it's gimmicky because that's how he feels about it.

I no longer challenge people about their smartphone opinions, it's whatever.
it is gimmicky. At least, in the way it's being used right now.

Now if they can come up with a way for it to charge without even having to be touching it, then they got something.

Also, integrating it into a phone case could be legit

Last edited:
Longtime lurker, and also not new to Android... first Android phone was the original Nexus S, just kinda new to posting on the forums. Anyways...here's my current stable...

Sharp Aquos on Boost prepaid, Galaxy Mega 6.3 which I use for games/movies on wifi at home, One Plus One on T-Mobile that replaced the Mega, and todays arrival, Alcatel Idol 3.

Be back in a few days to let you guys know how or if I like the Idol 3. If I don't like it, I'll most likely wait for the One Plus 2. 

Back
Top Bottom