Votes: 0 0.0%

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .
that sharp aquos :smokin :smokin

such a nice design and cheap price for like 150

too bad its only cdma

Bruh...

This zenfone is basura...

Cop an nexus 4 if you need a backup phone.

I'm pissed I spent $200 on this.. Gonan try and flip and cop a nexus 4 for da backup... because this phone aint gonna cut it.

Fill us in bro, wtf happened, and do you think it's because its a 2gb RAM?

If it sucks than I'll try out the Alcatel Idol 3

:nerd: :nerd:

nexus 5 would be the ill backup now tho..

Quick benchmark for the Idol 3, might not be able to use it for a few days, can't find the little screwdriver to remove my bumper cover from my One Plus, so I can't get my sim card out, haha! I'll keep y'all posted though. Not too upset because I was able to get it at the $200 price point, but I'm waiting to see how it performs as a daily before further judgement. 

For some reason I want to cop a HTC One M7 as a backup to my note 4. The phone is so gorgeous and was such a seamless software and hardware experience when I used it on sprint.

Last edited:
Bruh...

This zenfone is basura...

Cop an nexus 4 if you need a backup phone.

I'm pissed I spent $200 on this.. Gonan try and flip and cop a nexus 4 for da backup... because this phone aint gonna cut it.
how much does a Nexus 4 sell for nowadays?

Everybody is entitled to their opinion. If he thinks it's gimmicky than it's gimmicky because that's how he feels about it.

I no longer challenge people about their smartphone opinions, it's whatever.
it is gimmicky. At least, in the way it's being used right now.

Now if they can come up with a way for it to charge without even having to be touching it, then they got something.

what?

i don't really see it as a gimmick since it does make things more convenient and puts less stress on the usb port.

if you need something more mobile you can always use a portable battery pack.

but quick charge >

Last edited:
 i don't really see it as a gimmick since it does make things more convenient and puts less stress on the usb port.

is grabbing your charger cable and plugging it into your phone really that inconvenient though?  it takes 2 seconds 
laugh.gif

I have a 2013 Moto X as my backup phone... I bought two, one for my mom, one for someone else in my family, and that other person didn't switch to T-Mobile with us. So I was lazy and never bothered reselling the second one and just kept it as a backup phone.

[thread="264167"]what?[/thread]

is grabbing your charger cable and plugging it into your phone really that inconvenient though?  it takes 2 seconds :lol:

That can be said for a lot of things - voice commands (ok google) and NFC tags for example.

Last edited:
What'd you really expect tho, fam? :lol:  

What's wrong with it?

I thought i would be able to get a solid phone for momb dukes

Pros:

Nice big bright screen.
Decent battery
Keyboard is dope

Cons

I tried using the phone stock. I knew something's would be different...

The messenger that comes with it is straight trash... Doesn't do group messages, nor does it display the name when someone texts you. It just has there number come up.

Its big as ****. Bigger than the 1+1...

Rounded back makes it tough to type on s flat surface

It is hard to hold. I have decent sized hands and it was just a chore to hold.

Bloatware is out of control. It has so kinds of nonsense that didn't do anything but clog up my notification bar... Its more than the galaxy s 2. Smh.

The battery save mode stops the phone from getting calls, bit it didn't tell me ever. So my girl would hit me going off saying I'm blocking her... It's just the damn phone

Service is basura. Places I was good with in with the 1+1... I wouldn't be not good with the zenphone... And it rakes so long for it to find a signal.

When you have headphones plugged in and you do too much, it'll skip the music playing...

Force closes outta nowhere. Not crazy but I've had about 3 or 4

Maybe I'm dumb... But I couldn't turn off haptic feedback... And its inconsistent.

Went online and saw a refurbished n4 off $200...

I'm gonna cop dat...

Nearly everytime i click a link from a Google search, i get a message saying unfortunately internet has stopped on my vzw note 4. Anyone else getting this.

What'd you really expect tho, fam? :lol:  

What's wrong with it?

I thought i would be able to get a solid phone for momb dukes

Pros:

Nice big bright screen.
Decent battery
Keyboard is dope

Cons

I tried using the phone stock. I knew something's would be different...

The messenger that comes with it is straight trash... Doesn't do group messages, nor does it display the name when someone texts you. It just has there number come up.

It is hard to hold. I have decent sized hands and it was just a chore to hold.

Bloatware is out of control. It has so kinds of nonsense that didn't do anything but clog up my notification bar... Its more than the galaxy s 2. Smh.

The battery save mode stops the phone from getting calls, bit it didn't tell me ever. So my girl would hit me going off saying I'm blocking her... It's just the damn phone

Service is basura. Places I was good with in with the 1+1... I wouldn't be not good with the zenphone... And it rakes so long for it to find a signal.

When you have headphones plugged in and you do too much, it'll skip the music playing...

Force closes outta nowhere. Not crazy but I've had about 3 or 4

Maybe I'm dumb... But I couldn't turn off haptic feedback... And its inconsistent.

Went online and saw a refurbished n4 off $200...

I'm gonna cop dat...

Couple of questions.

Have you used a third party app? How is it with those?

Is it really that much bigger? Looking at it side by side, it looks like it's just a TAD taller.

Isn't this the case with all phone with curved backs?

91f59ff6-5fec-436e-b67f-d99f435c72aa.jpg

Check the sound/notification section.

You mean the shake to skip thing? Is it with the stock music app or with play music?

And what version do you have? Most of the reviews I've read have been generally positive, so a little turned off with your experience. I was considering getting one just to have a backup.

Last edited:
He didn't say it was slow, yup I think I'll make the plunge in a few weeks. Been seeing on YouTube videos that the Idol 3 is a bit above the Moto G but, doesn't compete with the flagships like the Zenphone 2. The force closes I'm sure can be alleviated with a software update.

pimp.gif
 moved from an Apple iPhone to a note 4 went to sprint with the cut your bill in half and got a s6 edge instead...

best phone i ever had in my life minus the battery life...

seems like since jobs died apple stopped being innovative 

Sharp Aquos on Boost prepaid, Galaxy Mega 6.3 which I use for games/movies on wifi at home, One Plus One on T-Mobile that replaced the Mega, and todays arrival, Alcatel Idol 3.
Be back in a few days to let you guys know how or if I like the Idol 3. If I don't like it, I'll most likely wait for the One Plus 2. 

Trappin' ain't dead

:nerd:

Last edited:
:pimp:  moved from an Apple iPhone to a note 4 went to sprint with the cut your bill in half and got a s6 edge instead...

Battery life was my only concern when I switched to the S6 edge but I've been getting at least 4 hours screen time. The S6 battery is running way better than my nexus 6.

What's your battery life looking like?

pimp.gif
 moved from an Apple iPhone to a note 4 went to sprint with the cut your bill in half and got a s6 edge instead...

Welcome. Grass is always greener 
nthat.gif

Traded my Galaxy S6 for a Nexus 6 plus cash and I'm satisfied.
I dunno if I had a bum unit but the S6 would stutter routinely throughout the day doing everyday tasks.
Happy to be back with the Nexus family.
First experience with a phablet- it's just a LITTLE too big. I can do almost everything one handed but I'll be happy to switch back to a refreshed Nexus 5 by LG if rumors hold up to be true.

Traded my Galaxy S6 for a Nexus 6 plus cash and I'm satisfied.
I dunno if I had a bum unit but the S6 would stutter routinely throughout the day doing everyday tasks.
Happy to be back with the Nexus family.
First experience with a phablet- it's just a LITTLE too big. I can do almost everything one handed but I'll be happy to switch back to a refreshed Nexus 5 by LG if rumors hold up to be true.

I had that stutter issue the first day and then it cleared up after a few hours. I disabled a bunch of apps I wasn't using and it seemed to clear that up. I think once they drop the ram fix, the firmware should be more stable with less lag.

With the nexus 6, I felt the same way. I thought I wanted a phablet phone but after a few months I was getting irritated with the big size :lol: just felt awkward in the pocket.

Yeah still satisfied with my edge.

With 5.1.1 dudes are getting dumb battery life. I'm getting pretty good battery life on 5.0.2 with ktoonz kernel. About 4 hours enough to last through the end of the day. I'm on 5.0.2 mainly cause 1.1 ain't got root and I need dat adaway bruhs

Hopefully the official 5.1.1 drops in the near future and chainfire can drop a root..I think that's what he's waiting for.

Last edited:
Back
Top Bottom