• U.S. Cellular

Votes: 0 0.0%
  • Straight Talk

• Other

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .
Wife's Note 4 is acting funky so I'm fittin to trade it in since I'm paying $18.75/mo. and gettin the LG K10 since it's free. Just something to bide my time until I find the right phone for her. So many options, tryna find the right one that'll last her. She's not into the latest and greatest, just wants a phone that'll last her a while.

Moto Z play.

So I picked up a temporary phone today and got the text about my replacement.... It says that its on backorder. Nah we're not doing this. They're giving me a different phone. The G5 is the same price they can just make me pick up my payment plan on that. Whatever happened to customer service man? They're really gonna try and leave me out to try with this phone they know is broke?

T Mobile used to be the best customer service out there too. What a shame.

Last edited:
I'm on my third call to a T Mobile rep. This isnt gonna fly. Gonna keep calling until someone holds me down. Does alternate exchange not exist anymore? Like wth, the G5 is the same price. I will gladly take that over this.

This is so awful. I am really annoyed.

Last edited:
Nah came with Lollipop. I remember I was hyped to get SD storage.

You must mean da moto g3 since all models of da g4 came with marshmallow outta da box. Posting from a plus that had 6.0.1 outta da box now.

Lisa from mobile tech review was the business back in the days. Haven't checked for her in years

She still does reviews, some folks don't like her reviews as much anymore because she seems to glance over and miss some important details every now and then.

So I picked up a temporary phone today and got the text about my replacement.... It says that its on backorder. Nah we're not doing this. They're giving me a different phone. The G5 is the same price they can just make me pick up my payment plan on that. Whatever happened to customer service man? They're really gonna try and leave me out to try with this phone they know is broke?

Better be looking for something non LG instead of settling for that G5 nonsense that'll end up with a bootloop.

Better be looking for something non LG instead of settling for that G5 nonsense that'll end up with a bootloop.
They wont even let me swap it out for something that isnt another V10 anyways. I really may sell it and take the L, its not even like I can rely on this phone as a backup phone in the future. Its just gonna break.
Threaten to leave when u speak to the manager of customer support

Last edited:
Wife's Note 4 is acting funky so I'm fittin to trade it in since I'm paying $18.75/mo. and gettin the LG K10 since it's free. Just something to bide my time until I find the right phone for her. So many options, tryna find the right one that'll last her. She's not into the latest and greatest, just wants a phone that'll last her a while.

Moto Z play.

That's what I've been eyeing. Shed even be happy with the G4 Plus.lol

I remember I used to watch a lot of SoldierKnowsBest reviews back in th day. Then I remember seeing MKBHD in the related vids, he was still at 200k subscribers at the time i think and SKB was like 700k. Now MKBHD is top lol. I dont know what happen with Soldier :lol:

I remember I used to watch a lot of SoldierKnowsBest reviews back in th day. Then I remember seeing MKBHD in the related vids, he was still at 200k subscribers at the time i think and SKB was like 700k. Now MKBHD is top lol. I dont know what happen with Soldier :lol:

He got deployed

I am not really trying to pay 850 for an iPhone. And am not trying to pay the same for a pixel.

I am legitimately considering getting fat a OP3 and calling it gravy.

I know a few of you guys have it, what is the final verdict.

And please or real and unbiased as you can be.
great phone. Fingerprint sensor is [emoji]128293[/emoji], the available cases are all Kevlar (except sandstone, that's just regular plastic) the alert slider is useful, especially when you're getting a bunch of notifications while you're busy. 6 gigs of ram is super smooth. Exception so far, is if snapchat is open on camera and I switch to another messaging app like messenger or kakao. I think that might be snapchat opposed to the phone though, I haven't really investigated. Camera, front camera is ridiculously good. Looks like other phones rear cameras. Rear camera, is good, but it seems on par with the op1, so it doesn't seem like I'm getting more, except on video. Video seems much improved. With dash charge, I no longer charge overnight. Usually I charge in the morning while I'm getting ready for the day. It comes with a screen protector, that's already installed. Still going strong after 6 months or so.
The bads:
I would have preferred maybe an extra 500 mah in battery. But I'm used to it right now. If you're coming to marshmallow for the first time from something earlier, it really does take some getting used to the menu button, becoming the apps open button. Call qualify is OK. My note 3 was better. And one annoying thing so far is that on marshmallow, they moved the call buttons higher on screen. I'm always putting someone on hold on accident. They either need to make the buttons lower again, or adjust the proximity sensor. Only way around it so far has been to use power button to screen off, then stick phone to ear. Some of you might not think that is a big deal, but I use my phone as a phone a lot during the day. I'm hoping a software fix, or nougat fixes this.

So, buy a case from op, not many people make Kevlar cases, and if you can, get a second dash charger. Easier to have 2.

But for 400 bucks? You can't go wrong. This phone is cheaper than any of my others by far, and I can't forsee me ever spending double this on a phone. I do miss my stylus, but I'm ok.

Edit: one last one and it's important. When I use Hotspot from this phone it does not trigger tethering from T-mobile. I usually tether either my Mac, kids ipads in car, or my chrome cast in car, and I never get any tethering notifications. And my 'tethering' use never goes up. It did with my note3. I'm on unlimited data btw

Last edited:
Two + hours later, I'm supposed to hear back tomorrow if I qualify for an alternate exchange.

Buy a new phone if something catches my eye, trust me I pretty much have had all the flagships except the pixel.

I honestly based it on what was important to me:

- Price ($400 is what I prefer to spend for a phone)
- Battery (I'm always out, so a 3450mah is perfect)
- Updates (6P is supported for another 2 years I believe + strong dev community)
- Performance (I'm not a power user by any means, so this phone is more than enough for my needs)

Just saw a commercial for the Pixel while watching an NFL game. So so stupid of google to run that commercial and have it say "onlly on verizon". Even though it's the only carrier you can buy it from it's so stupid of them to market it that way if they want to take some market share away from Apple. A majority of the general public will see that commercial and not even look into the phone if they don't have Verizon phone service :smh:

I honestly based it on what was important to me:

- Price ($400 is what I prefer to spend for a phone)
- Battery (I'm always out, so a 3450mah is perfect)
- Updates (6P is supported for another 2 years I believe + strong dev community)
- Performance (I'm not a power user by any means, so this phone is more than enough for my needs)

This is what it is about.

Back
Top Bottom