• U.S. Cellular

Votes: 0 0.0%
  • Straight Talk

• Other

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .
Just a public service announcement for those of you with phones with sealed-in batteries. I replaced the battery on my 6s Plus (non-OEM but good reviews on Amazon) today and my battery is back to lasting all day and then some. I have had this phone for a little over a year and decided it was time. Took less than 15 minutes to do, and I'm not the most handy person. I would recommend taking the battery and phone to a local repair store and paying someone to do it if you aren't confident, but it is well worth it. My phone feels brand new 

Last edited:
Just a public service announcement for those of you with phones with sealed-in batteries. I replaced the battery on my 6s Plus (non-OEM but good reviews on Amazon) today and my battery is back to lasting all day and then some. I have had this phone for a little over a year and decided it was time. Took less than 15 minutes to do, and I'm not the most handy person. I would recommend taking the battery and phone to a local repair store and paying someone to do it if you aren't confident, but it is well worth it. My phone feels brand new 

Could I do this with my Note 5? I literally have to keep mine on a charger most of the day

Could I do this with my Note 5? I literally have to keep mine on a charger most of the day

https://www.ifixit.com/Guide/Samsung+Galaxy+Note5+Battery+Replacement/51173

Might look into doing this for my dad. His iPhone 6 dies at random percentages and doesn't last long at all. He's been to the Genius Bar like 3 times and they keep telling him the batteries are out of stock and that it'll be $80-$100 to fix when they are :rolleyes. I wasn't aware it was an easy fix. Can you link the battery you copped?

Last edited:
The fact that you had to replace your battery for a phone just over a year old (assuming you copped day one) is wild to me

had the same prob with my N4, boot looping around 30-40% :smh: got an anker battery in it and the OS is running smooth. got a new glass protector on it too feels brand new.

I was just about to sell it and buy a 6+, but I can rock this for another year until the next gen phones come out.

Last edited:
^He's working on it.

Might look into doing this for my dad. His iPhone 6 dies at random percentages and doesn't last long at all. He's been to the Genius Bar like 3 times and they keep telling him the batteries are out of stock and that it'll be $80-$100 to fix when they are :rolleyes. I wasn't aware it was an easy fix. Can you link the battery you copped?

https://www.amazon.com/gp/product/B01K71UCWM/?tag=niketalk0e-20

That's the one I used. Might be able to get one off eBay for cheaper

Last edited:
Anyone on the Samsung Galaxy nougat Beta software?

I love it except my battery is draining insanely fast. It's dead by noon without even using it, it stays in my pocket at work

Back
Top Bottom