• U.S. Cellular

Votes: 0 0.0%
  • Straight Talk

• Other

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .
2017 will be the year I upgrade from this 6s Plus, and the only companies I am looking at are Google, OnePlus and Apple. I do not have faith that any of the other companies will come correct, although I may be proven wrong 

Huawei hasn't earned your respect? They have earned mine after the 6P and now with the Mate 9 and Moto is still up there for me too.

Last edited:
They did with the 6p, but I am not interested in any phone with their UX on it 
Fair enough. Funny you mentioned their UX, I was just reading a lot of horrible reviews about it. Didn't realize it was that god-awful. Hope Huawei comes to their senses and realizes that people choose Android to have a unique customized experience that each manufacturer offers, not to have an iOS hybrid. Not Americans anyways. Must be a Korean style that they prefer.

2017 will be the year I upgrade from this 6s Plus, and the only companies I am looking at are Google, OnePlus and Apple. I do not have faith that any of the other companies will come correct, although I may be proven wrong 
proud of oneplus. They did a good job on the op3. And my op1 was fire. They learned a lot from their crappy op2. These guys listen, and stick in what customers ask for.

If Google comes with waterproofing and better battery life management and keep the cam quality the same, they'll be King of Em All

Samsung gotta stop trying to emulate Apple, then they wonder why they're always in court against em :lol:

Like it or not, the headphone jack is a major part of electronics. Not everyone is willing to switch to bluetooth full time or cant. My car doesn't have it and I don't feel like paying for an adapter to get it when I have a perfectly working Aux jack and cord.

Samsung gotta stop trying to emulate Apple, then they wonder why they're always in court against em :lol:

Like it or not, the headphone jack is a major part of electronics. Not everyone is willing to switch to bluetooth full time or cant. My car doesn't have it and I don't feel like paying for an adapter to get it when I have a perfectly working Aux jack and cord.

These phones arnt made for people that cant afford bluetooth or choose to willfully dodge upgrading to it. Its that simple

These phones are made so they can sucker folks into spending even more money on their overpriced adapters and bluetooth headphones that'll cost way more than a similar sounding pair of wired headphones. Always about finding ways to squeeze the last dime out of consumers. In the name of what? Thinness? Its that simple

:smh:

I think folks will get over the headphone jack, BT adapters and headphones are so inexpensive now. It's inevitable, I bought an adapter for my car for $12 bucks, just for talking on the phone while driving it's worth it. Hated the auxiliary cord, and hate wires in general. Embrace it bros, it's slowly coming.

R.I.P Pebble

Warranty support is no longer available for Pebble watches. How-to information and troubleshooting can still be found on our Support page and in the Pebble Forum.
Returns of pebble.com orders that were successfully completed before December 7, 2016 will be refunded by our Support Team.

R.I.P Moto Z Play of Smart Watches.

Last edited:
I've been android my whole life, but the fact we're still on ancient SMS is ridiculous. I know there's other apps like whats app, etc but when your friends are all on iphones and won't download other apps, it leaves me in a bad spot. Constantly having SMS errors and unsent SMS/MMS. Strongly considering grabbing an iphone just to have peace of mind with communication :smh:

just hold out a little longer b.
by 2035 rcs will be a viable competitor to iMessage.

:rofl:

I'm curious though, if/when RCS gets implemented how will communication be handled between iphone/android? Is it still going to be SMS between ecosystems and RCS/imessage between the same systems?

R.I.P Pebble

Warranty support is no longer available for Pebble watches. How-to information and troubleshooting can still be found on our Support page and in the Pebble Forum.
Returns of pebble.com orders that were successfully completed before December 7, 2016 will be refunded by our Support Team.

It's looking like a wrap for smart watches in general.

RIP

Smart watches are kinda doomed since their battery life is basically trash unless you want one that does the bare minimum

This gear fit 2 is cool but getting just under 2 days is kinda blah. Can't see myself spending over $90 for a smartwatch that I have to charge more than once a week

I've been android my whole life, but the fact we're still on ancient SMS is ridiculous. I know there's other apps like whats app, etc but when your friends are all on iphones and won't download other apps, it leaves me in a bad spot. Constantly having SMS errors and unsent SMS/MMS. Strongly considering grabbing an iphone just to have peace of mind with communication :smh:

Plenty of messaging apps you can download to alleviate some of that pain.

R.I.P Pebble

It's looking like a wrap for smart watches in general.

RIP

Dang RIP Pebble, still have my 1st gen, albeit the screen was lil wonky due to age and constant wear, it was great only having to charge it like once a week. Smart watches are great and can build on what success has been had but the screen kills the battery. I think the tech doesn't exist to give us a Pebble w/ Android wear capabilities

Last edited:
got a messenger update that said rcs would be added. not seeing any of the new features in the app though.

Catching up on all of this news.

The only reputable OEMs: Google, Moto, Oneplus, and I'll throw Huawei in there but barely.  Every other one can kick rocks. These are the only ones who seem to be committed to 2 important things: proper updates and continuing innovation.

And I'm surprised many people liked Pebble.  Can't be the GOAT smartwatch and not have a touch screen or the ability to reply with voice.  Honestly, smartwatches post-Apple Watch are doomed.  Android Wear needs to come correct, and they need to do it soon.

Last edited:
Back
Top Bottom