• U.S. Cellular

Votes: 0 0.0%
  • Straight Talk

• Other

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .

What phone do you have? And you don't have insurance on it?
Note 5 and they wouldn't let me put Sprint insurance since I bought it at Best Buy Mobile and activated there (2 devices) so Geek Squad made me go through the official Samsung service center the nearest of which is 3 hours away outside of Dallas and then when they got the phone they called me back and said since it showed water damage nothing they can do for me, they cant touch it. Even though I am sure the problem has nothing to do with water.

I got Sprint because TMobile doesnt penetrate Army buildings at all, like literally couldn't even get a text on the first floor much less in the bassment and of course Verizon which does no problem doesnt offer unlimited data plans.
wifi calling bro, I work in a terrible building for signal and still get my texts and calls 

I made the switch to Sprint a month ago and it's okay, not as bad as people make it out to be.  Speed is great but I was in NJ over the weekend and coverage was 
sick.gif

My GF has Sprint and as far as their calls and texts they're ok. Sometimes not very reliable but most the time it's straight. Their internet is trash though.

Last edited:
I've been with Sprint since 2003 (Nextel). Never had much complaint about coverage being in NYC, but all the advantages I used to have are now gone. SERO being the main one. They forced me off once I got my Evo way back when. I mean, I get it, data usage is on a completely different level than back then, but by the same token, minutes and text used to be a precious commodity, now unlimited is practically a given with most plans. Tried multiple times to get back on but to no avail.

I used to be with sprint few years back.. had unlimited data but there was no point since it was so slow. And been promised 4g ever since i had my Evo in 2010. Then went to T Mobile... :smokin

I think sprint is good if u live in like New York where they have good coverage

http://www.twitlonger.com/show/n_1spgd0k

Using a new 10nm design with more than three billion ultra-efficient transistors, Snapdragon 835 is 30 percent smaller than Snapdragon 820. This pivotal size reduction and efficiency boost allow OEMs to manufacture thinner phones with larger batteries that run on less power and last longer. All told, Snapdragon 835 uses 40 percent less power than the previous generation and provides up to a 27 percent performance increase.

Along with the new 10nm design, these multi-pronged, harmonized computing solutions bring unprecedented energy improvements.They include: 1+ day of talk time, 5+ days of music playback, and 7+ hours of 4K video streaming. Should your phone need more power, Qualcomm Quick Charge 4 provides five hours of battery life for five minutes of charging.

We’ve improved zoom and stabilization for photos and videos by developing highly optimized software algorithms that intelligently toggle between processing sub-systems like the Qualcomm Hexagon DSP, Qualcomm Spectra 180 ISP, and Adreno 540 GPU to deliver a smooth zoom experience. Furthermore, Qualcomm’s newest generation of video stabilization software, EIS 3.0, provides superior, 4K video stabilization through advanced yaw, roll, and rolling shutter correction.

Last edited:
sounds fantastic, but lets see if those things actually come to fruition in a phone or if it's just a bunch of talk (I'm assuming the latter) :lol:

I think that's the chip they are going to be using in the S8. 

Does anyone use 2 factor authorization and/or password managers? Pros/cons? Any apps you recommend?

I need that review bro. You went with the joint I suggested :pimp:
I'm the wrong person to ask cause I don't understand the technical aspects of the phones as well as you guys do but I really like it. Phones fast the screen is extremely.

My one complaint is that the capacitive buttons don't light up. It's minor but from time to time I find myself tapping around looking for them at night.

broke my nexus 6 :frown: and I was just about to upgrade to 7.1.1 this month :smh:

anyway, i want to replace it with a nexus to hold me over a year or more, and I don't want to spend too much. is the 6p superior enough to the 5x to justify paying an extra $100 or so? I have had no problem with the bigger size of the 6 and the 6p is already a little smaller. or should I try something else? or pay $200 and fix the screen on my 6?

broke my nexus 6 :frown: and I was just about to upgrade to 7.1.1 this month :smh:

anyway, i want to replace it with a nexus to hold me over a year or more, and I don't want to spend too much. is the 6p superior enough to the 5x to justify paying an extra $100 or so? I have had no problem with the bigger size of the 6 and the 6p is already a little smaller. or should I try something else? or pay $200 and fix the screen on my 6?

6P is worth it. I feel like the RAM on the 5X is not enough, I have a lot of lag on mine and have to reset it often, even clearing the cache barely works, wish I would've just gotten the 6P.

6P is worth it. I feel like the RAM on the 5X is not enough, I have a lot of lag on mine and have to reset it often, even clearing the cache barely works, wish I would've just gotten the 6P.
Thanks, I appreciate it.

My choices are this (as chards of glass impale my fingers while I type this):

$175 to fix screen on my 6. Keep phone until next winter
$250 for a new 32 GB Nexus 5x. Live with the downgrade in screen and other aspects but benefit from the extra year of updates. Keep phone ~18 months
$400 for a 6p. Keep 18-24 months

Given what you're saying, the 5x isn't really an upgrade on the nexus 6, so I'm leaning towards the first option (fixing the screen), assuming I can resuscitate my S3 to hold me over for a couple weeks. If I could find the 6p for under $350 though it would be worth it.

Last edited:

Thanks, I appreciate it.

$250 for a new 32 GB Nexus 5x. Live with the downgrade in screen and other aspects but benefit from the extra year of updates. Keep phone ~18 months

Given what you're saying, the 5x isn't really an upgrade on the nexus 6, so I'm leaning towards the first option (fixing the screen), assuming I can resuscitate my S3 to hold me over for a couple weeks. If I could find the 6p for under $350 though it would be worth it.

Yea, I only got the 5x because I only had the 16gb 5, other than that, I'd still have it. The 5x is coo for those who didn't have the 5 and don't want the 6P but it's not worth the upgrade. If you can, just get your screen fixed. By the time you're truly ready to upgrade, the new Pixel will have been announced or the current models will be cheaper.

Thanks, I appreciate it.

IMO, if you're gonna spend $400 on a phone, get something else.

Back
Top Bottom