• U.S. Cellular

Votes: 0 0.0%
  • Straight Talk

• Other

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .
Cant say ive had this experience on my Note 4 (unless the app itself crashed)

I wish I could say the same

I've had 4 Samsung devices and my GF has had 3. And also most people I know with a Samsung has experienced it. Basically when opening a app or anything pretty much there is slight lag.

Earlier today I compared my S7 edge with my girls mom's Moto g4 play I got her on Amazon for 99 bucks. When opening up the messenger app my phone would take around 2-3 seconds to fully open and display everything. Meanwhile hers was instant, it's a known thing with Samsung devices for years. When I first got the phone everything was instant but after sometime there is a noticable lag at times

I'm not hating on Samsung by any means, I continue to buy their stuff but this issue NEEDS to be addressed

Tried a factory reset?

Are you on Nougat?

I'm still getting some stutters with some apps (Snapchat especially), but it's otherwise been smooth

Are you clearing cache? I've noticed doing it every few days really helps with the performance. I also don't over do it with apps either though

My old S4 slowed down to a crawl after using it for a few months. The factory resets and cache clearing only worked for so long

Only reason I would want to root my phone is for adaway. But there doesnt seem to be an easy way to do it, especially on a Macbook

When I reset my G3 it was just as fast as it was when I first got it. And it lasted for a long time, even now its not slow.

just checked out the s8 and s8+. i was hoping to like the s8+ more since i have a note 5 now. the width of the phone really throws me off on first impression. because the phone is so tall, but also narrow, it feels very stretched/long to me. it seems to be the same height as the note 5 but the shorter width just feels weird man. the screen didnt even appear bigger because of it imo. might just wait for the next note. gorgeous design tho as far as nearly no bezels. but i wish it wouldve been wider definitely

my wife is about to preorder the s8 to upgrade from her M7 (i know) lol. BUT tmobile told me something i didnt see coming. didnt the samsung conference say that the akg earphones would be in EVERY package? cuz tmobile charging 100 on top of the msrp to get the earphones and a memory card

Last edited:
just checked out the s8 and s8+. i was hoping to like the s8+ more since i have a note 5 now. the width of the phone really throws me off on first impression. because the phone is so tall, but also narrow, it feels very stretched/long to me. it seems to be the same height as the note 5 but the shorter width just feels weird man. the screen didnt even appear bigger because of it imo. might just wait for the next note. gorgeous design tho as far as nearly no bezels. but i wish it wouldve been wider definitely

my wife is about to preorder the s8 to upgrade from her M7 (i know) lol. BUT tmobile told me something i didnt see coming. didnt the samsung conference say that the akg earphones would be in EVERY package? cuz tmobile charging 100 on top of the msrp to get the earphones and a memory card
Samsung is the one sending u the stuff u redeem it online . Tmobile ain't charging anything sir.

Headphones and sd card 256gb 100 dollars
Or free vr

Think I'm just going to get the regular S8 to hold me over until the Note 8 comes out.

Preordered the S8+ :pimp: can't wait for the UPS truck to pull up in a week or 2.

Those who are on TMO that preordered thru JOD, you can get that $130 credited to your account. Just check em lightly on it.

Will use the14 day grace period to determine if i want to keep s8+, switch to s8, or just keep riding crack screen Note 4

saw the s8 and s8+ today... I have small hands and my current phone is the iphone 6s... the s8 felt small in my hand 
laugh.gif

Going for the S8+ now

Preordered the S8+ :pimp: can't wait for the UPS truck to pull up in a week or 2.

Those who are on TMO that preordered thru JOD, you can get that $130 credited to your account. Just check em lightly on it.

Did you do this successfully already?

One can only pray the note 8 has the same form factor of the note 5 but is mostly bezel like the s8+. Or if anything.. Maybe decrease the width by just a notch but no more. Itd be perfect

What can a new Note offer that the S8+ doesn't at this point? Other than a stylus?

Better in hand feel for me. Phones have everything we can ask for at this point. It's down to preference really. I just hope the note 8 actually does drop and they don't kill it off with the s8+

What can a new Note offer that the S8+ doesn't at this point? Other than a stylus?

I asked this same question a few pages back. The Note series is usually the larger of the 3 w/ the stylus, other than some slight spec upgrades and the stylus, the note really has nothing to offer really.

Back
Top Bottom